Being picked as the "Opening Family" in MK...

amyb1120

Earning My Ears
I read in a post that someone was picked as the "Opening Family" thanks to tips they read here. Well, I searched and searched and have been a lurker for a loooooong time, and just can't find anything!

So will somebody be so kind to direct me to the proper place or maybe share their tips here?

Thanks so much!

Well, at DisneyLAND a few years ago - I asked! I got to the turnstiles about two hours before the park opened, and told every approaching CM that it was my 50th birthday and how I really, really, really wanted to be the first person in the park. It worked :). I and a family of four were chosen.

I'd say:

Be first at the entrance before the parks open.

Be cute.

Be nice.

And don't expect to be picked.

I agree with the above. We were picked & it was amazing! We were early at MK & dh made friends with a CM--I mean well over an hour. He asked us if what we were planning to do the next day & if we could be there early again & he'd have a surprise for us. We were there very early--on an EMH day & got to open the park. My kids loved the "private" time with the characters & it is a "magical" treat! Good luck!

So will somebody be so kind to direct me to the proper place or maybe share their tips here?

Hints:
. . . be early
. . . be energetic
. . . be in a "Disney Look" mode (clean cut, etc)
. . . be in Disney clothing or with Disney logos/characters on clothes
. . . be very lucky

3 times at Epcot, and once at Animal Kingdom. Never at MK. I think MK is the hardest of them all, mainly because from my experience, the family is chosen at MINIMUM 60 minutes before park opening, and unless you stay on-site, it's impossible to get there that early. The last two times I was at MK, I got to the turnstiles as fast as ANY off-site guest could do so, and the FOD had already been chosen before I arrived.

Also, just my unscientific observation, the family of the day at MK tends to have younger children (and mine are tweeners). But, other than that, the advice you've been given is accurate. Arrive early! Be pleasant and enthusiastic. Have a family that is pleasant an enthusiastic. Be genuine. We've never worn Disney garb, so I don't think that's terribly important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter