Beignets

maznorm

Mouseketeer
Is it worth going to pofq especially for beignets? I want to try them but not sure if it's worth going there for.

We stayed at POR in Feb. and we walked over to PORFQ. I wanted to try the beignets. They were good, but I remember the ones in Disneyland being better. I am not sure I would make a special trip just for the ones at POFQ. If I were staying at either of POR or POFQ, I would def. seek them out. I wouldn't leave the park to go to get one though...nor would I travel from another resort.

Thanks. I was thinking of sending DH and DS for them whilst me an DD do BBB. There again they are probably not the best things to give to a child that has just been prettied up!!

Thanks. I was thinking of sending DH and DS for them whilst me an DD do BBB. There again they are probably not the best things to give to a child that has just been prettied up!!

No, and they are only truly good when very fresh and hot right out of the frier. Biegnets do not hold up well at all. I would recommend against it unless you can all eat them right away (within a few minutes at most).

I was wondering the same thing. I think I may just take the boat over while I visit DTD...its a bit more convenient that way.

Is it worth going to pofq especially for beignets? I want to try them but not sure if it's worth going there for.

I had them 20 years ago duing my first trip to POFQ and think about them during every trip. Each year I never quite get there to have them again. I'm drooling just thinking about them.
:thumbsup2

I don't think they have beignets in epcot france, and French "beignets" aren't the same thing as American beignets. There is a crepe stand in France if you need some sweet dough there. This is just MHO, I've had the beignets at port orleans, and they are fine, if you are there you should get some fresh ones. But I don't think they'd be worth a trip to port orleans just for them, unless you just loved beignets and are just jonesing for them or something. They are pretty good at port orleans food court, and they are a little messy to make at home so if you aren't going to nola or live in fla or something and are just jonesing for them go for it. But I don't think they are anything spectacular if you can get them locally or home made, not worth it.

I have seen lots of pictures of these yummy looking things on the boards but being from the UK have no clue what they are. Do they have filling in? Do you eat them hot? Can someone enlighten me please :confused3

Kind of like doughnuts. Originate in New Orleans. Powdered sugar on the outside. Don't usually have a filling in them, but sometimes places make "beignets" with filling in them to try and be quirky, if that makes sense. Traditional ones are sort of puffy and chewy and doughy. Best with a cup of good coffee. In France beignets do have filling.

They are worth it if you are right there to eat them when they are hot and fresh! YUMMY! We have some every trip (we usually stay at riverside and walk over).

yummmm.....
IMG_5133.jpg

We love the beignets at POFQ. When we haven't stayed at that resort, we always take a trip over just to enjoy a plate of beignets with coffee.
I will agree with another poster who said they really have to be fresh out of the fryer to be good. They can get a bit mushy and doughy once they've cooled off and have sat for a few hours.
Having said that, I find that they usually make them to order at POFQ whenever we've had them so they're generally always hot and fresh.

Our guilty pleasure is to grab a few of the butter pats from the condiment area and lather the inside of the beignet with butter. Yummy!

We go to the Boulangerie in France quite often, I've never known them to hav beignets, so I think POFQ is the only place you can get them.

Ok we might take the boat over to POFQ to eat some whilst we are there. I wasn't going to bother but the picture threw me over. Lol.

We live in the UK so have never tried nor seen them before.

In one word YES!!!! We love the beignets at POFQ. Every trip it is on our list of must do!

I do not think they have them at the bakery in France.

No, and they are only truly good when very fresh and hot right out of the frier. Biegnets do not hold up well at all. I would recommend against it unless you can all eat them right away (within a few minutes at most).

I agree, they must be eaten right away since they are made to order.

NO! They are not worth it. I grew up in New Orleans and have had beignets at least 500 times. These are NOT the same. I made a trip to POFQ just for them and did not enjoy them at all. I must say that if you've never had them, then you might enjoy them since you don't have anything to compare them to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter