Behold the miracle of the whining wife...

whogirl'smom

<font color=royalblue>Any leftover grumpiness can
It finally happened...I TALKED DH INTO STAYING ONSITE!!!!:banana: Now, here is the problem; I have a tendency to overplan, overworry, overresearch, so please help me decide whether we should stay at Pop, or at All Star (Music or Movies). I've read all the threads the last few days on how to choose a value, read and re-read my UG and now my head hurts.:headache: It's me, DH and DD6. We are driving down and will have our car and we will be doing the DDP.

Pop has a fridge swap with an opening when we're going in Oct.....
AS-Music (Jazz bldg.) has just been renovated and would be newer....
DD6 would probably love AS-Movies....

and on and on it goes.....

So, all you veteran onsite-ers, give me some insight please!!!! (Remember, you can not give me too much information!):teacher:

With a 6 yo I would suggest ASMo. I just stayed there in February with my 3 kids - 10, 7 and 4 - and we all loved it. The kids knew all the movie icons. I thought the buses and food court were decent. My second choice would be POP. My husband and I have stayed here twice on adults weekends and really liked it. I do think the kids would like POP too but would prefer ASMo. The All Star resorts often share buses while POP has their own. I have never stayed at ASMu and it just doesn't appeal to me. Good luck with your decision.

I would say go with ASMo! We did in 2005 and loved it. My children were 12 and 9. They wanted to stay there this year also, but DH and Me want to stay somewhere different this year.
You will not regret staying anywhere on site!:banana:

We love ASMo -stayed there the last time we went and have it booked for this Nov. My father tried to talk us into switching to the Sports since it is the 1st stop for the busses, but my kids love the Movies and look at our pictures from the last trip all of the time.

I'd pick ASMo.......my ds loved it there!!! The atmosphere was awesome, kinda like being in one of the Disney movies. I've never stayed anywhere esle on property, but Movies is like a dream come true!!!

With a young DS I'd pick Movies ... what does he like? Toy Story? Herbie? We went on a big family trip in 2005 w/ FIVE little boys between 3 and 8 ... we requested Toy Story building and it was WONDERFUL! The giant icons were very impressive to the little tikes (OK, who am I kidding? I loved it too!!!) We have TONS of fun pictures of the resort and my younger son still talks about our "Toy Story bedroom" as he called it. Big fun !!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

The OP has a DD, not a DS. The only value we've stayed at was POP and we absolutely adored the place. We were in the 50s section, by the jukebox. My DD is 12 and we just stayed there in February. We're thinking about a return visit this summer and, while we've stayed at all the moderates and a few deluxes, when I asked which resort she'd like to stay at, she said Pop. Transportation was great and we really liked the slushies in the food court.

I'm sure you'll have fun no matter what you choose. Oh, we were also in a Pop frige swap and that worked out terrific.

Your daughter is 6, so I would without a doubt say AS Movies. There is just something about seeing each wing decked out as a different Disney movie that is so cool. When we were there my DD was 4, then the second time DD was 5 and DS was 1. Both kids loved the atmosphere, decor, and the pool. I think Movies is your best bet, but no matter which you choose you can't go wrong!!! You are staying onsite! :cheer2: :goofy:

It finally happened...I TALKED DH INTO STAYING ONSITE!!!!:banana: Now, here is the problem; I have a tendency to overplan, overworry, overresearch, so please help me decide whether we should stay at Pop, or at All Star (Music or Movies). I've read all the threads the last few days on how to choose a value, read and re-read my UG and now my head hurts.:headache: It's me, DH and DD6. We are driving down and will have our car and we will be doing the DDP.

Pop has a fridge swap with an opening when we're going in Oct.....
AS-Music (Jazz bldg.) has just been renovated and would be newer....
DD6 would probably love AS-Movies....

and on and on it goes.....

So, all you veteran onsite-ers, give me some insight please!!!! (Remember, you can not give me too much information!):teacher:

I would suggest POP. We stayed there 12-05 and dd9 loved it so much we are staying there again 12-07. buses ran quickly and there were no other stops than ours. pretty quite when we were there.

I think your DH would tolerate POP more then ASMo. Personally, I would say POP because it's a new resort and they have their seperate bus transportation.

I'd go w/ Pop. Our DDs were 3 & 7 on our trip to Pop. They loved the resort. The colors are so bright and vivid. The loved the pool. The food court was pretty good but the busses were awesome.

My vote is for POP!! My husband and I don't have any kids yet, but we're big kids and absolutely love POP...but whatever way you choose your kids going to have a blast!! Congrats on persuading your husband :cheer2:

POP CENTURY!! I finally just had to bite the bullet tonight and decide; called WDW and made reservations, requesting the 50's building. CM said I got the last AAA discount standard room for there for that week!:scared1: My, things do fill up quickly. I hope that's not a clue to how busy it will be that week!
Quiet (I hope) for DH and Lady and the Tramp out front for DD, good bus service and food courts so everybody will be happy-- aaahhh, it just feels so good to have made a decision!

Thank you all for your help!

You will love Pop Century! Have a great time planning the rest of your trip!

My sister and her family stay ASMo and just loved it. They have two children, 10 and 6. The kids loved the giant Buzz Lightyear.

By the way, the power of the Whining Wife is second to none! I, too, use the Power to get what I want/need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter