Behind the Scenes Tours

Niki T

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

We've just booked for next year :yay: and we are thinking about doing a behind the scenes tour, but we aren't sure which one:confused3 . We went last year taking DH family for the first time, Nanny loved it so much she convinced us to book again for next year (like that was difficult :rotfl2: )!
Although DH (5th visit) and I (9th visit) have been a few times before we have never been on one of these tours and since we have booked for 18 nights and its Nanny's 75th Birthday just before we go, we thought it would be a something new. Any advice on which one?
Thanks
Nik x

It depends on what you want to see, how much time and money you want to spend!

We love the Backstage Magic tour - it covers bits at Epcot, MGM & MK as well as some of the other service buildings away from the parks. It is a whole day and cost $199 but it very good :yay:

We have also done the Keys to the Kingdom at MK - think this is proberly one of the most popular tours. It is a morning and just covers things in MK. Can't remember the cost but I think it was about $60.

Both go into the Utilidors at MK. There is more walking in the Keys to the Kingdom if that is something you need to consider. Lunch is covered in both (WCC for Backstage Magic and CHH for Keys).

I thought the keys to the kingdom tour was great, I think mine was 0900 ish to 1400 ish, and included lunch for about $60, which at the time of $2/£1 seemed like great value to me.

We did the Keys to the kingdom tour a few years ago and loved it, you learn some really interesting things. We are thinking about doing this one again in December or maybe the one at Epcot.

Sam

Thanks everyone,
We were already leaning towards the keys tour. It seems as though this is the most popular tour and it gets good reviews. If we do the keys tour we might head to DTD afterwards and go to the pictures. A nice relaxing sit down in an airconditioned theatre would prob do us good, what do you reckon?
My DH also fancies the tour around the world in Epcot on the sedway. Has anyone done this tour? What did you think?
Nik x

Another vote here for the Backstage Magic. I'm Disney mad - aren't we all :rotfl: . It was worth every single penny!!! Me and my DW will never forget walking through the Utilidoors and seeing seven small people walking past us with thier 'heads' under their arms! I love all the behind the scenes stuff and this full day tour lived up to my expectations. You visit behind a number of rides/shows such as Star Tours, American Adventure, Living Under the Seas and we were even taken to see the tatty looking matrass TinkerBell has to land on every night before Wishes starts. :lmao: We also met one of the Cast Members that worked on Tarzan and got a go at drawing too. We were even taken round the 'authorised personel only' computer nerve centre that runs all the parades.
An amazing birthday treat for me! :wizard: A trully magical experience.

We did Keys to the Kingdom in May and loved it (well, my DH loved our guide Anna, but thats a whole other matter :lmao: ). Anna had a pedometer on, and although you are on your feet a long time you only actually cover 2 miles as the pace is very relaxed.

It was really enjoyable . . . though nothing can prepare you for the sight of someone walking towards you holding Woody's head!!!!! :scared1:

We are hoping to do Backstage Magic next year, funds permitting! Where is lunch for that - I saw someone said WCC - is that Whispering Canyon Cafe, or do those initials fit 2 places?

It's not behind the scenes, but "Around the world on a segway" is fantastic. You spend time training in Innoventions, before riding your Segway through the park and all the way around World Showcase! Plus there is no walking involved!

Another great tour is "Behind the Seeds" in The Land at Epcot, it is very reasonably priced and is only 1 hour long. I found it really interesting even though I am not too interested in gardening etc. Some of the things they have are very high-tec, and you can wave at the boats as they pass you!

We are hoping to do Backstage Magic next year, funds permitting! Where is lunch for that - I saw someone said WCC - is that Whispering Canyon Cafe, or do those initials fit 2 places?

we're doing the backstage magic tour in a few weeks and the lunch is now served at whispering canyon cafe. i was told its a family style buffet

If you go on Disneys website and click on each park, on the left side of the page you can then click on dining, attractions and tours in that park! To book you have to call them.

Has anyone done KTTK and Backstage Magic? After doing KTTK this year would I still enjoy Backstage magic next year?

we're doing the backstage magic tour in a few weeks and the lunch is now served at whispering canyon cafe. i was told its a family style buffet

oh blow!!! We had a bad meal there this year and swore never to return!!!

Thanks for all the info on the tours I think I may go on one next time as it will be my 10th time and I haven't done one before.

How do you book the tours? Can you book at your resort a few days in advance?

Some tours get pretty popular at busy times of the year so booking in advance is recomended.

Your resort front desk can help you book, or you could call and make a booking before you leave. I think some can be done 180 days in advance by calling (407) WDW TOUR.

Hi,

we did the key to the kingdom tour, it was fantastic we were well looked after, well organised, got back stage access to lots of rides and even went in the 'secret' underground tunnels in MK. Lots of walking but well worth it. I think there is a minimum age for this tour so the 'Magic' isnt spoilt for younger guests.

there's a good behind the scenes tour at Epcot called the undiscovered future world -
there was a review of it last week or the week before on the disunplugged podcast...
it's a 4 hour tour for only $49 i think it was...
it doesn't include lunch, but there are snacks along the way...
they take you behind the scenes in future world...
see if you can find the review on the podcast - it sounded like a very interesting tour and for not too much money...

Thanks everyone,
My DH also fancies the tour around the world in Epcot on the sedway. Has anyone done this tour? What did you think?
Nik x

we've done the round the world on segway twice...
it's for 2 hours..the first hour you learn to ride the segway indoors...
the 2nd hour you ride around the world showcase area of epcot..
it's fun, but it's mainly just for riding the segway...it's not really a 'behind the scenes tour...

Another great tour is "Behind the Seeds" in The Land at Epcot, it is very reasonably priced and is only 1 hour long. I found it really interesting even though I am not too interested in gardening etc. Some of the things they have are very high-tec, and you can wave at the boats as they pass you!

we also did the Behind the Seeds tour - it's really inexpensive...
only $12/person as i recall..

it was very interesting...even my 17 and 19 year old (at the time) thought it was interesting...

you sign up for it right next to soaring...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter