behind the scenes at sea world/not DC???

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by nancycels, May 19, 2001.

1. nancycels

nancycels Mouseketeer

anyone know if there are behind the scenes tours at sea world, and if so, what the approx cost is, and how i can get reservations? we're not going to DC this time around just SW. thanks:cool:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WebmasterBarry

WebmasterBarry DIS Veteran

There are three of them -- Sharks, Rescue, and Polar Expedition. The tours last 1 hour. They cost $6.95 for adults and $5.95 for children. To sign up for them, head to the information booth first thing when you enter the park and see what's available. Arrive around 8:30 am to get the tour you want to see.

4. nancycels

nancycels Mouseketeer

just want to know if u think they are worth it or not... don't want to waste time if they aren't! any input greatly appreciated!

5. kellymonaghan

kellymonaghan <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I've taken them all and I would say that if you have the least interest in animals they are very much worth the price.

I would rank them in order as Rescue, Polar Expedition, and Predators (the new name for the Sharks tour).

Unfortunately, my favorite bit in the Rescue tour is no longer there (unless they've put it back, which they should). On the way to see the veterinary operating room, you used to pass cages filled with rescued and abandoned parrots, that who squawk "Hello! Hello!" as you passed by.

Then on your way back, they'd squawk "Goodbye! Goodbye!"

6. nancycels

nancycels Mouseketeer

thanks for taking the time to answer this... now all i have to do is get the kids to make a decision!!! <g>

7. piglet33

piglet33 DIS Veteran

to take all 3 of the tours or do you have to pick 1 to do? We're having a hard time trying to decide which one to do.