Behind the scenes at Chef Mickey's ?

kathy1972

Earning My Ears
My kids' favorite place to eat is at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. They tell me it's the BEST breakfast anywhere. They would love to see how they make all those Mickey shaped waffles. Does anyone know if they allow a tour of the kitchen?

1) I do not think so.
2) I would not like strangers where my food is prepared.
. . . possible dirty hands
. . . shoes after walking in the parks, lots and whatever else
. . . possible unwashed clothes
3) I assume others are the same way.

I may be mistaken as I haven't eaten at CM for several years now, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone behind the buffet making the waffles, not back in the kitchen. It was a standard commercial waffle maker where the lid shuts and it flips, just in Mickey shape. It may have changed since then though. :confused3

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...2l3346l0l5023l13l12l0l0l0l0l184l1402l5.7l12l0

disney-waffle.jpg

I worked at Chef Mickeys for my college program, they dont have anything like that. Not to mention the huge liability if someone were to slip and fall in the kitchen yikes.

The closest thing they had to that though but it noe closed was make a sundae with characters at The Land in EPCOT. But they stoppped that a few years ago.

When I took the Key to the World tour the CMs actually told us that anyone that needs to walk in a Kitchen at Disney for any reason needs to be food safety trained. I think someone asked something about the kitchen in Columbia Harbor house and that was part of the response. Due to this I doubt you would ever see any type of backstage kitchen tour.

The Board of Health probably has issues with a kitchen tour. On rare occasions when cruise passengers are allowed to tour a ship's galley, there's no one fixing food at the time.

The Board of Health probably has issues with a kitchen tour. On rare occasions when cruise passengers are allowed to tour a ship's galley, there's no one fixing food at the time.

exactly..I've been on the DCL galley tour, and it's not done while food service is underway. I've also been to the V&A Chefs Table...while you can watch the chefs work, you are not actually IN the kitchen.

Even those tours are generally limited to adults. Children are not allowed on the DCL galley tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter