Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
I'm not sure if this is a new progam or a repeat from previous years but the Home and Gardens Channel (HGTV) is showing a Walt Disney World Christmas Special.

Disney Celebrates the Holidays - Every year Walt Disney World Resort creates a spectacular seasonal wonderland, the result of intensive preparation over a period of eight months. Tune in on Sunday, November 29, 8pm/7c for Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays.

The guide date says year 2009, so I would assume it is new.

A quick check on travel channel shows a 3-hour block on December 3rd for Disney shows. (9 AM to noon, or 5 PM to 8 PM) including Disney Holiday Secrets with Samantha Brown. These are all repeats of previous shows, but good if you want to catch them.

Saw it last night. it was great. My DW, DD and DS and I have all been at WDW during the holidays and what memories the show brought back. It was very cool to get a back stage look. I recorded it on the HD/DVR........

The guide date says year 2009, so I would assume it is new.

I watched the first half last night on my DVR. Some of the footage is from the 2008 holiday season, so it definitely has been made within the last year.

Let me know if anyone finds this online. I would love to see it but don't have television.

It is a new show this year, and it was awesome!

David is adorable and I would LOVE to be in charge of decorating 1300 trees:santa:
It aired on HGTV, I am not sure if they would have it online but you can check their website, they do post some of their shows online.

You guys need to sign up for Kirby Bartlett Sloan, he will send you an e-mail every week telling you which Disney shows will be running, there are several new ones coming out this week!

I saw the show and it brough back alot of memories from all the times i went on the backstage magic tour and got to see the Holidays warehouse. The show was great I liked how they allowed the showing of the afterhours decorating in the MK

Guy Fietti has a WDW special on Food Network this Saturday at 9PM (EST).

Just so nobody gets upset when they turn it on...the bartlett-sloane website says that Guy's show is a visit to Disneyland. I know I'll watch either way, but I don't know if others would be upset.

From the HGTV web site:

Behind the Magic - Disney Holidays
Episode HBMHD-S09H
Tune In
November 29, 2009
8:00 PM e/p

November 29, 2009
3:00 AM e/p

December 11, 2009

December 11, 2009

December 20, 2009
5:00 PM e/p

December 24, 2009
4:00 PM e/p

December 25, 2009

December 25, 2009

I DVR'd it and watched it last night. I was astounded and amazed! I only wish our trip was scheduled for during the Christmas holidays!

I just went to HGTV and watched it. Super show. Behind the scenes in the holiday warehouse is way cool. Great new Disney special. Highly recommend it. and Yes, it brought me to tears, as per.:santa:

It is a new show this year, and it was awesome!

You guys need to sign up for Kirby Bartlett Sloan, he will send you an e-mail every week telling you which Disney shows will be running, there are several new ones coming out this week!

Instructions for signing up for the mailing list are at my Disney Theme Parks Related TV page. (or just check the listings there!)

I still haven't posted enough here to include links - google Disney Theme Parks TV or remove the spaces in the following bartlett-sloan. net slash / tv

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter