• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Before I get hate mail....

It seems to me that if the kid hasn't had a hygiene lesson before his WDW trip, then his bathroom habits at home must be pretty disgusting.

No one has a monopoly on any stall, but giving a child a hygiene lesson while some one is waiting is rude...especially when another sink is available.

And suggesting that someone that needs an accessible restroom stall wait 10 minutes while he teaches his "snowflake" to wash his hands is especially grievous.

I would have been less polite.

Much less polite.

I would have just turned my 9 year old daughter loose on them for a good tongue lashing . Since her 6 year old sister has Global Apraxia with speech being the worse, hypotonia, and sensory processing disorder she gets lots of practice on rude and inconsiderate people. I can tell it is going to be a doozy of a tongue lashing when the first first words out of her mouth are do I need to use my little words, my little little words, or my little, little, little words.

It's always fun to sit back and let her go at the parent at the park who thinks it is fine for their little precious "snowflake" to shove her sister out of the line for the slide often 2 to 3 steps up the ladder, or off the swing. If I say something I get the "well your child needs to learn to share" line when she starts in they start stammering and looking for a place to hide.

I don't want special treatment for my child I just want her to be treated like all the other kids on the playground and that includes if she is line for the slide not being shoved out of the way or if she is on the swing not being pushed off because we make her wait her turn if someone else is in line first or is using the swing.

Tammy

I think I posted on another thread here on the DIS, about an experience my mom had in the restroom in the Living in the Land building. We had just come off Soarin and went to the restroom. My mom is elderly, uses an ECV, and like alot of elderly people when she has to go, she has to go now. Everyone knows how long that line is, when Soarin lets out. We were waiting our turn like everyone else and was at the front of the line, when several stalls opened up at the same time, including the handicap staff at the end. My mom headed for the handicap stall and I went into one a few stalls down. I had just closed the door when I heard my mom and another woman arguing. Apparently the lady just behind us in line, had a little girl and they were going to be late to their Akershus ADR and the little girl needed to change into her Princess costume. My mom moves very slowly and while she was getting off her ECV and reaching for her cane to go into the handicap stall, the lady decided to just cut in front of her into the handicap stall to change her kid. My mom was reminding her that she was in front of them and had to use that handicap stall as she needed the bars to get up off the toilet. The lady just brushed her off, said she was too slow, so she lost, and rushed ahead of her, pushing her daughter into the stall ahead of her. I thought several ladies in there were going to tear that lady's hair out. They were so mad and were yelling that they couldn't believe she would cut in front of an old lady that was right in front of the handicap stall door trying to get off her scooter.:furious: My mom who never uses cuss words, called that lady a rude b-tch, which totally shocked me.:rotfl: I have never seen my mom so angry in my life and I couldn't believe someone would just cut right in front of someone who was not only ahead of them in line, but obviously handicapped, just to be able to change their kid in the handicap stall.

I think I posted on another thread here on the DIS, about an experience my mom had in the restroom in the Living in the Land building. We had just come off Soarin and went to the restroom. My mom is elderly, uses an ECV, and like alot of elderly people when she has to go, she has to go now. Everyone knows how long that line is, when Soarin lets out. We were waiting our turn like everyone else and was at the front of the line, when several stalls opened up at the same time, including the handicap staff at the end. My mom headed for the handicap stall and I went into one a few stalls down. I had just closed the door when I heard my mom and another woman arguing. Apparently the lady just behind us in line, had a little girl and they were going to be late to their Akershus ADR and the little girl needed to change into her Princess costume. My mom moves very slowly and while she was getting off her ECV and reaching for her cane to go into the handicap stall, the lady decided to just cut in front of her into the handicap stall to change her kid. My mom was reminding her that she was in front of them and had to use that handicap stall as she needed the bars to get up off the toilet. The lady just brushed her off, said she was too slow, so she lost, and rushed ahead of her, pushing her daughter into the stall ahead of her. I thought several ladies in there were going to tear that lady's hair out. They were so mad and were yelling that they couldn't believe she would cut in front of an old lady that was right in front of the handicap stall door trying to get off her scooter.:furious: My mom who never uses cuss words, called that lady a rude b-tch, which totally shocked me.:rotfl: I have never seen my mom so angry in my life and I couldn't believe someone would just cut right in front of someone who was not only ahead of them in line, but obviously handicapped, just to be able to change their kid in the handicap stall.

Oh My goodness!!! I cannot even think of a comment on that would be acceptable to post! How rude is that little princess going to be as she grows up!

I have Asperger. So I am just going to say the best form of charity is policy. While some disabled people cannot work. Many can so hiring them helps them and can help your business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter