Bees at AKL jambo house pool area

Ali

Resorts are my favorite part of the vacation
I just wanted to warn everyone that there are MANY MANY bees flying around the pool area. I have never seen them so far from drink dispensers. Watch your refillable mugs- keep them closed or with a straw sticking out- my dh had 3 dead bees in his cup today. They are flying in women's hair, all over the pool area, and lots of dead ones were in the pool.

I was uncomfortable sitting in a chair outside the pool area. Bees kept bugging us.

Maybe they should change the name to Insect Kingdom Lodge.:rotfl2:

Oh this isn't good! We leave in a few weeks, and my daughter's friend, who is coming with us is severely allergic to bees. :scared1:

Hopefully they are gone before we arrive!

We had the same issue at the Kidani Pool. We ended up leaving bc of it. An older girl (prob 15) got stung and was FREAKING out - it scared my son and he wanted to go. They were EVERYWHERE all over our food etc.

We were there in August and the bees were horrible. You could not sit by the pool without bees in the area. We were at the Pop. I got stung on my finger. The first time in my life. I called the front desk and told them. They seemed surprised but I don't know why. I don't think anything was ever done. They were bad.

We stayed at kidani in the beginning of July and bees were a problem by the pool there to! I was always on guard waiting and watching them!! We've stayed there every summer and even a spring break since kindani opened and it was never a problem till this summer!!

We are at Kidani now and its not too bad we have seen a few by the pool nothing too severe though.

thats strange, here in new jersey there has been no bees all summer. i hate bees but am not afraid of the sting, they dont hurt, they just creep me out. does anybody have any guesses of why this is happening?

Ugh!
We check into the Jambo house in less than three weeks.
Any idea if they plan to address this problem?
We are all really looking forward to a do nothing day by the pool!

I read anther posting about the bee problem a few weeks ago. The problem was at Kidani. Many bees by the pool, the path between Kidani and Jambo and also on balconies. We will be ataying there next April and my granddaughter is completely freaked out by bees as she has been stung several times. Do you think there is anything that can be done about the bees? Are they more active at this time of the year? We are really looking forward to staying there, but I don't want to deal with a lot of bees on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter