Beer Mugs on Magic in the Med

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
We are purchasing a beer mug for $14.95. Does anyone know how much a 16 oz. beer costs? Would Moosehead possibly be a choice of beer?

We are purchasing a beer mug for $14.95. Does anyone know how much a 16 oz. beer costs? Would Moosehead possibly be a choice of beer?

On the may 28th med cruise they sold Amstel light which i think was $6.09 incuding all taxes and gratuities, they also sold heineken which was about $7.29 and they also had stella artois and newcastle brown ale but im not sure how much they where.

DH always gets a beer mug...warning - they are HEAVY so allow for the weight in your luggage to bring them home or else pack them in your carry-ons!! I think DH drinks the Amstel... I sort of doubt the Moosehead is going to be a selection that is offered.

So factor about $7 per mug refill? I know this is a European cruise but was there any Sam Adams or Yingling Black and Tan?

So let me understand.....

You have to buy the mug for $15 and the an additional $7 or so to buy a mug of beer?

How much for the beer if you don't purchase a mug?

Is the purchase of the mug strictly for the souvenir of the mug?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

I'm guessing it costs around $7 to fill the mug. But that is the 16 oz. price. The mug holds 22 oz. So you get more beer in the mug but you pay the cheaper price. So in theory I guess you save depending on how many beers you buy? Then of course you have the mug as a souvenir.

You have to buy the mug for $15 and the an additional $7 or so to buy a mug of beer?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

It's kinda sorta like buying the refill soda / coffee cups at the WDW resorts. There you pay for the cup then you get free refills at the drink refill stations. It's a great deal if you drink a lot of sodas or coffee over the course of a week or however long you're there for. So with the DCL stein you get an extra 6 oz when you bring it in for a refill but since it's alcohol you have to pay for it. So you just walk around with your mug and each time you get a new draft beer you come out 6 oz. ahead for the same price as a regular 12 oz. size beer. So if you're like my DH and you drink several beers while lounging around the pool it's a good deal.:thumbsup2

they only had amstel light, stella artois, heineken and newcastle brown ale on draft there was a lot more choice in bottles.
Hm, I've never heard of stella artois. Is that a dark, light, or regular beer? I'm assuming by the name that Newcastle Brown is a dark beer. :confused3

Hm, I've never heard of stella artois. Is that a dark, light, or regular beer? I'm assuming by the name that Newcastle Brown is a dark beer. :confused3

I've just asked the DH who is a big beer drinker wherever he goes, he says to let you know that Stella is a regular beer, similar to Bud, around 5%. It's probably the most popular beer in the UK now. Newcastle Brown is a dark ale, similar to Sam Adams he says.

I've just asked the DH who is a big beer drinker wherever he goes, he says to let you know that Stella is a regular beer, similar to Bud, around 5%. It's probably the most popular beer in the UK now. Newcastle Brown is a dark ale, similar to Sam Adams he says.

Thank you!!!(And your hubby!!) those beers will do just fine!:cool1:

Thank you!!!(And your hubby!!) those beers will do just fine!:cool1:

You're welcome, be sure to pre-order your beer mug before your Med cruise, last year they ran out :eek: They were only supplying folks who had pre-booked the mug and they were not promoting them due to very low stocks. It was about 3 or 4 days into the cruise before the DH got one from a very nice bartender :thumbsup2

On the EBTA, they had Stella Artois and Heiniken on draft at the bars on Deck 9. The refills were 5.95 plus tax and gratuity. The beer mugs give you 22oz for the price of 16 oz.

On the EBTA, they had Stella Artois and Heiniken on draft at the bars on Deck 9. The refills were 5.95 plus tax and gratuity. The beer mugs give you 22oz for the price of 16 oz.
So in the final price I am charged, tax and gratuity will be included? How about the VAT tax, that will also be included? So no need to leave a tip since it will be included, right?

You're welcome, be sure to pre-order your beer mug before your Med cruise, last year they ran out :eek: They were only supplying folks who had pre-booked the mug and they were not promoting them due to very low stocks. It was about 3 or 4 days into the cruise before the DH got one from a very nice bartender :thumbsup2

How do I prebook? DISNEY WEBSITE?

Stella is what we would call a lager. I would say it is similar to Sam adams boston lager. It is usually quite strong and has a good strong taste. I like it and I like Sam Adams in the states. The Newcastle Brown is a proper dark beer.

Think I would like to know about pre-ordering too (especially from the UK)!

For pre-ordering the beer mug, I am guessing it is somewhere on the online reservation form where you would book Palo, excursions etc. Maybe they have a category for gifts, I guess it would be on there. I am not sure as we didn't pre-order it and then the DH went 4 days on small beers until he got the Mug!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter