Beer Mug Cost vs Individual Beer, Other Beer Questions

Jsoenning

Enjoying the Magic
This has probably been answered but was curious on...

Cost of refillable beer mug vs. cost of draft individual beer? Don't remember looking into price comparison on our former Disney cruises.

What beers are on tap at Diversions on the Wonder? This bar was my wife and my favorite evening hangout with our oldest happily playing or sleeping in Flounder's Reef on the Disney Magic.

I only remember Shiner from before. Does the beer on tap vary based on departure port? We're going out of Galveston again but just curious.

Anyone do a beer tasting and know the current list? Saw several forums where folks were disappointed but didn't see a specific list. The couple we're going with in the fall's husband enjoys beer as do I, and neither of our wives do so never considered a tasting when it was just my DW and myself...

The cost to refill the mug is 6 dollars. Roughly the same for a bottle but you get more. You can bring a previous mug back on with you as long as you hand carry it on.

The cost to refill the mug is 6 dollars. Roughly the same for a bottle but you get more. You can bring a previous mug back on with you as long as you hand carry it on.
You can't include an empty mug in your checked bags?

You can't include an empty mug in your checked bags?

I think you aren't supposed to pack glass in your bags or maybe that's just glass that has liquid like wine. I imagine you could try but they might take it out. I've never packed in the bag but I usually take a bottle of wine or two on the cruise in one of the reusable wine bags that the grocery stores use and then put our mugs in the empty slots.

Also they give you the card to trade in for a new beer. I have a mug already at home soso I just bring the card home with me and then take it back on the next cruise.

Also they give you the card to trade in for a new beer. I have a mug already at home soso I just bring the card home with me and then take it back on the next cruise.

That's a good idea, I never thought of bringing the card home. We have 4 mugs (my husband, not me) so it's really no big deal to take two cards and not have to carry the mug back.

Just off Fantasy yesterday. Packed Disney mug in checked luggage, no issues. Bartender commented about it being old school since it had the ESPN logo on the mug. Cost to refill was $7.50.

Just off Fantasy yesterday. Packed Disney mug in checked luggage, no issues. Bartender commented about it being old school since it had the ESPN logo on the mug. Cost to refill was $7.50.

Has it gone up recently? I remember it being 6 or 6.50? or maybe that is with the 15% auto gratuity? Still a better deal than buying individual beers. Best deal, bring your own and use it only when you have too! :-)

Has it gone up recently? I remember it being 6 or 6.50? or maybe that is with the 15% auto gratuity? Still a better deal than buying individual beers. Best deal, bring your own and use it only when you have too! :-)

Guessing the price went up since we remembered it being lower as well. This price was before the 15% gratuity.

I always take my old mug back with me. It has more than paid for itself now.

it depends on what you are drinking, I just got off the Fantasy and Longboard was in the $6.50 area so I would guess Budweiser was the same. The bar I was at had Heineken so it was a couple of dollars more but if you ask they might go the extra mile to get you the cheaper Beer........I saw our bartender run up the stairs at the Cove bar to get one of his patrons a Longboard many times!

I pack my mug in my checked bag with no problem. I think you get 20 oz beer for the same price as a 16 oz beer so it's kind of like getting a free beer with every 4 beers purchased that being said, the mug usually pays for itself after 8 or so beers. Since you can bring the mug on future cruises, it will eventually pay for itself depending on how much beer you drink. It also makes a pretty cool souvenir

So, there is automatic gratuity added to every beer refill?

(probably a dumb question as it is a "bar service"...so I should have assumed that...but for some reason it wasn't registering until I read it just now in this thread).

So, there is automatic gratuity added to every beer refill?

(probably a dumb question as it is a "bar service"...so I should have assumed that...but for some reason it wasn't registering until I read it just now in this thread).

Yes. There is an automatic gratuity added to every bar purchase; not just for beer mug refills.

I bought the mug on my first DCL cruise. Used it while onboard and took it home as a souvenir. Bought a second mug on my next cruise and traded it in for the beer token (card) at the end of the cruise, now I just take my token with me and trade it in at the first bar I see for a nice cold beer.

You get a 20oz beer in the mug for the price of a 16oz beer. Each bar on the ship has different beers and they can vary from sailing to sailing. If they have a beer that you like in one bar (in the adult district) but not at the one you are sitting at, usually a server will go get it for you. Doesn't work if the other bar isn't close by, but it is nice when it does work...

About the beer tasting - my friend did it with her husband and said it was disappointing. I don't think she told me all of the beers she had but I know one of them was Blue Moon - so it's pretty common beers from what I understand.

About the beer tasting - my friend did it with her husband and said it was disappointing. I don't think she told me all of the beers she had but I know one of them was Blue Moon - so it's pretty common beers from what I understand.

I did the beer tasting the last time I was on the Dream and it was all mainstream beers (Blue Moon, Guinness, Corona, Red Stripe etc). We (the group) actually talked the bartender into swapping out Corona for their private label red ale (which wasn't on the tasting, go figure...). I consider it a waste of $20... I'm a bit of a beer snob to begin with, but it was nothing exciting or interesting. Just generic stuff you can get at the grocery store.

Does anyone know if they serve hard cider?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter