Beer Fest

albertro

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start planning for this year Beer Fest but I can't find the dates for the event. On the official website they still have 2006 information and no info on Universal year events.

Thanks!
:drinking1:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start planning for this year Beer Fest but I can't find the dates for the event. On the official website they still have 2006 information and no info on Universal year events.

Thanks!
:drinking1:

My guess is going to be November 10th and 11th.....but that is just a guess.

Thanks tlinus,

I looked at the past 2 years and seems that Nov 10 - 11 is a posiblity. I will be using that weekend as the possible date for budgeting purposes until they come up with the official.

:surfweb:

You'll see the dates pop up around the same time that HHN dates do. Beerfest is AWESOME!!! IOACentral Radio was there last year, and we had an all out blast.......we couldnt walk afterwards, but it was a blast.

Tell me more about this Beer Fest! Sounds right up my street!!

(Sadly I'll miss it by about 5 days by the looks of things :sad1:)

Beerfest is a compilation of all the different beers from 30 different vendors. Each vendor has an average of 4 different beers. You get a sample cup and go around to each individual vendors tent and sample the beer. They also can give you free stuff, as last year I got glasses from Bass, a copy of Draft Magazine, free pabst blue ribbon stuff, Panties from another vendor for a female in our party....no not for me. There is also live music and food.
Your sample cup is 2 oz tall.....doesnt sound like a lot, but when you do the math at 4 samples per vendor, and there are 30 vendors....120 oz of beer, 8 oz shy of a gallon. To say we were buzzed is an understatement.
Here are pics, complete with someone elses quotes:
Mulletmarathon.jpg

The Alabama contingent was in full effect! Double Wides RULE!

InterviewwiththeMullets.jpg

Yaytez tries to look all professional.

Andthebeerjudgingbegins.jpg

Yaytez and Bsquare carefully weigh the pros and cons of each beer before becoming totally sh#tfaced.

Bsquaretrieshisfirstbeer.jpg

EW! Bitter beer face!

DosEquisbeerline-1.jpg

Then the lines got kinda long...

FlyingDogbeer.jpg

The Flying Dog Brewery booth, hands down my favorite one of the bunch. Check the artwork by Ralph Steadman, longtime companion and illustrator for the late, great Dr Hunter S Thompson. I was a fan even BEFORE I tried their beer...which is really good, BTW.

Gonzothesecondtimearound.jpg

Flying Dog's Gonzo Imperial Porter...not the best beer at the fest yet still my favorite. Hell, they had me at "Gonzo".

BestbeernameEVER.jpg

Second best beer name: In-Heat Wheat.

HoneyAmberRose.jpg

Closet Freaks choice of the day, Honey Amber Rose, a nice honey-tasting light amber.

andthelinesgotREALLYlong.jpg

...and then the lines got REALLY long!

ImnotasthinkasyoudrunkIam.jpg

Bsquare is not as think as you drunk he is.

IntroducingtheThreePendejos.jpg

The tragic aftermath of Beerfest. Let this be a lesson to you.

We attended Beerfest 2004 (before we started staying onsite) and I got a cool refillable soda cup and a few other neat little gizmos because I had to drive Dh and the beans back to the Nick Hotel (which was still the HIFS and they were doing construction). So those of you going who have a Designated Driver, be sure to get your freebies too!!

The lines got a bit ridiculous and we were there on SUNDAY!!:scared1:

I would do it again, but of course stay onsite, and hopefully without the kids. Jim really enjoys tasting different types of beer. We need to find him a case of the Kona beer they have at Bubba Gumps. I asked our beer guy and his distributor can't get it in PA :mad:

Great pics yaytez! The lines are scary though.:scared1:

Great pics yaytez! The lines are scary though.:scared1:

My DW & I went last year & we bought the VIP passes & they were so worth it. With the VIP, you are able to eat inside the CItyWalk clubs & there's barely any lines to get what ever beer. We had a blast:thumbsup2

My DW & I went last year & we bought the VIP passes & they were so worth it. With the VIP, you are able to eat inside the CItyWalk clubs & there's barely any lines to get what ever beer. We had a blast:thumbsup2

Oh! Didnt know they offered VIP for this. That would make it worth while for me. Thanks!

Oh! Didnt know they offered VIP for this. That would make it worth while for me. Thanks!

Its a lot more money....A LOT....and we got our tickets for free...so we were extremely happy...of course we had to ::cough:: work...but still.

Its a lot more money....A LOT....and we got our tickets for free...so we were extremely happy...of course we had to ::cough:: work...but still.

Yeah, looks like it was a tough day at 'work'.;)

DH's birthday is November 16; he would LOVE to go!!! I'm not much for beer, but I do like stuff like Smirnoff Ice....that's considered flavored beer, do they possibly have samples of things like that?

DH's birthday is November 16; he would LOVE to go!!! I'm not much for beer, but I do like stuff like Smirnoff Ice....that's considered flavored beer, do they possibly have samples of things like that?

not too sure......but I know the Hospitality Center at Seaworld does :thumbsup2
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Not a whole lot, but they do have some. This is mostly beer. They did have a lot of alcoholic energy drinks which were great. And of course the regular bars are open as well, so you can buy some drinks.
They do have some very good light tasting beers like the Honey Amber Rose. Its not made from barley, but rose hips, and the beer company is run by women.

Hi Everyone,

In a sad note I just received this e-mail from Jeff Wagstaff.

Beerfest has been canceled at Universal this year.
We will be announcing the new location and plan for 2007 on the web site and on air on all Orlando Clear Channel Stations in early fall.

Jeff Wagstaff
Clear Channel Radio Orlando
Director of Integrated Marketing
2500 Maitland Center Parkway
Suite 401
Maitland, FL 32751
407 916 8139

That sucks :headache: I'm hoping it will remain at City Walk!

It was the sombreros. I imagine it was just not an image Universal wants....as just about everyone on these boards are pretty much convinced that orlando is for swearing teenagers and beer swilling fat guys in sombreros.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter