Beer and wine in the MK? I dont believe it.

I agree.
JMO, I think all the BOG brew-ha-ha is silliness. I spend a lot of time at Epcot during food and wine, and I never see public "drunkenness". What I do see are plenty of goofy? tacky? funny? t-shirts. I think some folks assume the wearers are fall over drunk, rather than, maybe, stylistically challenged. :laughing:
I don't think you can accurately judge someone based on their shirt... Folks wearing food and wine booth related shirts appear to be having fun with friends, that's all.

my mamma always told me don't judge a drunk by the look of his shirt but by how many bushes he waters.

We just got from Food and Wine, and while we saw people drinking, we saw nobody who was fall down, throw up, disgustingly drunk. A couple people here and there who'd obviously had too much, but Disney was really good about shutting people off who looked like they'd had too much.

That said, I saw people accusing people of having too much to drink. Anytime somebody was too pumped, to wound, too excited, there was somebody that muttered "Food and Wine again..." but most the folks I saw weren't drinking, they were just having fun. In fact, on two occasions I was accused of being drunk, despite not having a drop to drink the whole trip. The first time was when I had a medical event (I have a heart problem) and my other half had to help me to the bus. I heard more than one person say that they never understood why people would get drunk at Disney... I wasn't drunk, I was sick. Second time was as we were walking out of the park at night, we'd done Soarin' twice in a row (we were allowed to "sit through" after a mishap on the ride) then Captain Eo, our favorite show, and on the way between the two rides, a ferocious downpour had hit, soaking us both. After we left Captain Eo, we were laughing and goofing around, quoting the show and just having a good time. Because of the rain and because I was wet, my long dress's hem was and dragging on the ground, and I tripped and almost fell on it like three times while we were chuckling and laughing. I stopped to gather it, still laughing about how dumb I looked, and a woman with a stroller made a very loud comment about how she thinks people getting drunk at Disney is "disgusting." The entire way out the front gate, all I heard was how awful it was that people would get drunk and act out in front of families at Disney, obviously she was talking about me. Again, I hadn't had a drop, I was just goofing around and tripped on my dress and that translated to being drunk to her.

I think a lot of people, especially during Food and Wine, look at people and assume they're drunk when they're not.

there was a story here, last year, maybe the year before during F&W, of a woman who irately asked a Disney security person to "do something about those drunks" regarding a group of young women, turned out they were sixteen and hadn't had any alcohol, they were just goofing around.

I'm hoping to get rip roaring drunk at Magic Kingdom on my next visit and lift my shirt for the photo on splash mountain and after I'm going to urinate behind the grave stones on the haunted mansion. Woohoo to beer and wine and BOG ;p

wow :stir: :rotfl2:

I'm hoping to get rip roaring drunk at Magic Kingdom on my next visit and lift my shirt for the photo on splash mountain and after I'm going to urinate behind the grave stones on the haunted mansion. Woohoo to beer and wine and BOG ;p

Well isn't that charming. From your post, you must be much younger than your avatar would have us believe.

minnie mum said:
Well isn't that charming. From your post, you must be much younger than your avatar would have us believe.

My guess would be about 40+ years younger than yourself.

minnie mum said:

And it was a joke. I think any of us who are sane and not fanatical know that serving beer and wine at BOG isn't going to make one bit of difference in the park or the behavior of its patrons.

. . . drinking IN the MK that bugs me. Leave it for the other parks. I hope this isnt true . . .

1) I tried to stray out of this post, but could not.
2) Progress is good.
3) But, some traditions must remain.
4) What is next for the wizards in Disney management ???
. . . Br'er Rabbit gets caught and becomes dinner ?
. . . Peter Pan doesn't clap, and Tink dies off ?
. . . Ariel is caught in a commercial net and ends up in a tuna can ?
. . . the Huntsman doesn't hold off with the knife ?
. . . the shoe fits on a foot of a Step-Sister ?
. . . Tramp can't find any spaghetti ?
5) Oh well, my (and some of your) opinions don't count.
6) I just wonder if opinions were swayed by
. . . someone who is a senior executive
. . . someone who owns a winery
. . . someone who now sells that wine to BOG

I personally don’t understand this extreme objection by some. I find it a little hypocritical and a tad irrational.

I would understand someone feeling strongly about supporting Walt’s “vision” if they didn’t patronize the 3 other parks because of them serving alcohol—but I don’t think that’s the case. Am I wrong?

You strongly object to beer/wine being served in the MK…but you don’t seem to find issue with it being in any of the other parks? Why not? That doesn’t make sense to me.

And you’re talking about upholding a custom and a way of thinking that is over 50 years old.

Could you imagine if the world stopped changing and progressing…..remember when women couldn’t vote….African Americans were slaves…or forced to sit at the back of a bus! It was inappropriate for a women to show their ANKLES!!! These changes and progressions that seem so absurd and horrible to us now (at least I hope you think so) met the same extreme opposition at one time.

I just think everyone needs to lighten up and get over it. It’s not the end of the world or the end of Disney….it’s called changing with the times. Alcohol is not evil. Stop being so judgmental of others—it’s not a very “Disney-esque” attitude.

Man, I sure hope tons of people are not urinating in bushes and throwing up after 1 or 2 glasses of wine/beer. Light Weights.

Seriously though, you can only drink it with a sit down dinner and there is no bar (from what I have read).

I personally don’t understand this extreme objection by some. I find it a little hypocritical and a tad irrational.

I would understand someone feeling strongly about supporting Walt’s “vision” if they didn’t patronize the 3 other parks because of them serving alcohol—but I don’t think that’s the case. Am I wrong?

You strongly object to beer/wine being served in the MK…but you don’t seem to find issue with it being in any of the other parks? Why not? That doesn’t make sense to me.

And you’re talking about upholding a custom and a way of thinking that is over 50 years old.

Could you imagine if the world stopped changing and progressing…..remember when women couldn’t vote….African Americans were slaves…or forced to sit at the back of a bus! It was inappropriate for a women to show their ANKLES!!! These changes and progressions that seem so absurd and horrible to us now (at least I hope you think so) met the same extreme opposition at one time.

I just think everyone needs to lighten up and get over it. It’s not the end of the world or the end of Disney….it’s called changing with the times. Alcohol is not evil. Stop being so judgmental of others—it’s not a very “Disney-esque” attitude.

Man, I sure hope tons of people are not urinating in bushes and throwing up after 1 or 2 glasses of wine/beer. Light Weights.

Seriously though, you can only drink it with a sit down dinner and there is no bar (from what I have read).

I agree with the above. People need to lighten up. Nothing wrong with a drink or two with dinner. And as the PP mentioned, there is no bar. No big deal.

I think she was being (blatantly) sarcastic.

I wish people would get their panties unknotted over this, I truly do. I know we're all here because we love WDW...but let's keep our heads about us. Millions of people are starving, right this very minute, but by all means let's rage against alcohol being served in the MK!

I think she was being (blatantly) sarcastic.

I wish people would get their panties unknotted over this, I truly do. I know we're all here because we love WDW...but let's keep our heads about us. Millions of people are starving, right this very minute, but by all means let's rage against alcohol being served in the MK![/QUOTE]

:thumbsup2

Personally I'm still working on deciding which Belgian beer I want when I have dinner at Be Our Guest in January.

I've always enjoyed Kronenbourg 1664 and Saison Dupont. Not a big fan of darker beers!

Well, here's my 2 cents, I'm looking forward to the glass of Verget Meursault I will be enjoying with my scallops, shrimp & lobster sauce in puff pastry!

My only concern, eating there opening week! I hope it all goes well!

P.S. With Park Hoppers, people come to and from the "drinking" parks in and out of MK all day long! Times change! I don't think we're at the point where the popcorn stand at the entrance of MK is selling cold beer!

TheRustyScupper said:
1) I tried to stray out of this post, but could not.
2) Progress is good.
3) But, some traditions must remain.
4) What is next for the wizards in Disney management ???
. . . Br'er Rabbit gets caught and becomes dinner ?
. . . Peter Pan doesn't clap, and Tink dies off ?
. . . Ariel is caught in a commercial net and ends up in a tuna can ?
. . . the Huntsman doesn't hold off with the knife ?
. . . the shoe fits on a foot of a Step-Sister ?
. . . Tramp can't find any spaghetti ?
5) Oh well, my (and some of your) opinions don't count.
6) I just wonder if opinions were swayed by
. . . someone who is a senior executive
. . . someone who owns a winery
. . . someone who now sells that wine to BOG

1) I agree about the traditions.
2) They should allow smoking everywhere again instead of just designated areas.
3) Number 6 is a consipracy theory.
4) Why I am using numbers to seperate sentences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter