Been to WDW, what are the advantages to going to Disneyland Paris

klh999

Mouseketeer
We have been to WDW, 4 times and Disneyland, 3 times. To those of you, that have been to all three, what are the advantages to going to Disneyland Paris? What did you like about DIsneyland Paris better than the other two? We are coming from the US.

Can't help you with the comparison but from others there are a number of areas where DLP is considered to offer different and better options.
Each park will have its' strength.
DLP's is that many of Disney stories originate in European folklore so there is that added "reality" to the park.
The castle is one of the prettiest and with a dragon in the dungeon :teeth:
It is smaller than WDW so can feel intimate with attention to detail.
I'm sure you would have a wonderful visit and the comments in this forum will show our appreciate of DLP. :goodvibes

There have been a few previous threads where US visitors have incorporated a visit to DLP while visiting Paris or Europe. Would depend what the focus of your visit is intended to be and what time you have available. :)

i've heard that DLRP has the best layout.... it's the best organised.... and my best friend who went to both WDW and DLRP last year prefered DLRP... (i like to think it's just cos i was there ;) )

klh999 said:
We have been to WDW, 4 times and Disneyland, 3 times. To those of you, that have been to all three, what are the advantages to going to Disneyland Paris? What did you like about DIsneyland Paris better than the other two? We are coming from the US.

Let me preface this with my info, I went to WDW a lot as a child, I've been to DL twice in the last few years, and I've been to DLP twice and going back in two months :Pinkbounc !!

It's a different park with a very different feel. Disneyland is special because it's the original, it's nice and familiar, but it doesn't have the wow for me. WDW is the world, it's the huge, you can go days and not do the same thing twice. But it's exhausting!

DLP is something special. I think it's a prettier park, the castle is my favorite of the three Magic Kingdoms by far. The rides are different and they have rides they don't have here. The whole complex is more compact, the attention to detail is amazing. I just love it! :cloud9:

We've been to WDW 7 times, Disneyland once and DLP 3 times (we go back on Sunday!!) We absolutely adore WDW and it is certainly much much bigger and certainly hotter than DLP but also much much further away and much much more expensive (for those of us on this side of the pond). In DLP you get a chance to experience another country and another culture (and even practise your French if you want to, though you don't have to speak any French to thoroughly enjoy it). DLP also has so many little special touches - the dragon, the gallery in the castle and Alice's maze (different from the DLC one) to mention just a few and there is a wonderful attention to detail. Because it's not so big you can really spend time appreciating all the theming and incredible details around the park. And everything is within walking distance - you don't have to queue up with hundreds of other people at the end of the day waiting for a bus to take you back to your resort. WDW and DLC are wonderful - but in its own way DLP is too!! You have to appreciate each park on its own merits and I'm sure you'll be glad you visited.

DLP also has so many little special touches

We also have the wonderful arcades running each side of Main Street, which are unique to DLP.

Also Pirates and Space Mountain of our rides are usually considered better versions of their US (particularly WDW) counterparts - so worth trying out, just to make the comparison.

I've been to both parks. I prefer DLRP as it's less travelling(from Scotland).You can walk everywhere so it has a more intimate feeling about the whole place. I also found the food/restaurants had more of a selection of food(ie not just fast food). You can also buy shares (at least 500)and become a member of the shareholders club which has a VIP 'lounge' called Salon Mickey at the entrance to the park so you have your own private entrance into the park.The first time we used this it felt amazing.The park itself has little details which as it's smaller you have time to notice and enjoy.

Hope you have a great visit.

PS Shares are only about £0.10 each and you get a host of discounts for owning them so they're worth investing in.

disneyangel said:
You can also buy shares (at least 500)and become a member of the shareholders club which has a VIP 'lounge' called Salon Mickey at the entrance to the park so you have your own private entrance into the park.The first time we used this it felt amazing.The park itself has little details which as it's smaller you have time to notice and enjoy.

PS Shares are only about £0.10 each and you get a host of discounts for owning them so they're worth investing in.

wher do you get them?

urglewurgle said:
wher do you get them?

I am/was a shareholder but it has recently been delisted from the London stock exchange so may be more difficult/expensive to obtain now. I have a feeling that my shares may have been sold for me as I didn't respond to one of the many letters I received from them

Becks,

As per DisneyDes's reply they've recently been delisted from the London Stock Exchange and are only available from the Paris Stock Exchange, I believe it was a cost cutting exercise to save listing costs.

I used Squaregain (which was them ComDirect) to buy mine when they were listed in London, but I'm pretty sure they can also obtain them from Paris - not sure of the costs though.

The link is www.squaregain.co.uk.

Cheers

klh999 said:
for me,the main advantage is that its close to home( i live in UK).

i think if your keen to visit Europe then Disneyland Paris would be worth a visit( we spend 3 night there when my son was younger) we had a great time,the Magic kingdom and MGM have a lot of similar rides and attration to the ones in florida.(but smaller......... and without guarteed sunshine!). Unless your going to do some of europe other big citiues(Paris, Athens, London) i wouldn't do the journey just for Disneyland :sunny:

Hi

I bought my shares from Squaregain too and they are on Paris exchange. Cost about 10p per share and £12.50 processing/transaction fee.
You have to load up an account first and then use this to buy the shares must be by phone as it's on a foreign exchange.
500 gets you membership with 30€ processing fee for 2 years membership of the shareholders club or 2000 shares gets you completely free membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter