• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Been there, done that....NEVER again?"

Soarin' - not because it's not awesome, because it is. But more because, unless I'm in the row that stays closest to the ground, I simply can't take the height anymore. My last ride on it this past April, we were in the very top row and I swore I was going to fall out.

I know it's impossible to fall out (unless I wasn't buckled in), but I couldn't get the feeling out of my head that I was going to fall right out of it. I hung on for dear life and decided that at three tries, I'm done.

And...I hate to say it because I loved it so much years ago on my first three visits - I have to say, the entire Studios park. It's just not seemed to catch up with progress, so things seem dated in a sense. In another sense, it's not the old Hollywood vibe that it used to be in its early years. It's still great, except I really feel like I've seen it all when I go back. It doesn't seem to have the same thrill for me like MK and Epcot do even though I've seen them repeatedly.

Tower of Terror!!!! :scared1: :lmao:

It's a great ride, but holy cow! My DH laughed through the whole thing, and when we got off, I said, "Never, ever again!" He just kept laughing.

BWAHAHAHA My 3 yo son called it BORING!!!! :rotfl2: Mama was more like:scared1:

I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and say Stiches Great Escape as well. We went on b/c it was hot and there was no line, but it was just a crappy ride. I wasn't interested in going on and now I know why it gets such flak.

I know I may get flamed for this :duck: but I wouldn't stay at a value resort again. I missed the amenities of the deluxe too much! IMO, I would rather save up longer and be able to splurge on the deluxe.

Every year, we usually stay at BC and eat at Beaches and Cream for a dinner one night. A cheap TS meal with some yummy burgers and onion rings. However, out 4th trip they sat our family of 5 at one of their tiny tables for a dinner, we could barely fit all our plates on one table :confused:. Then the next time, because we requested a booth, we had to wait an hour, and we all just had a feeling of, "we've had enough of this place" We like the food, we like the service, but waiting an hour for a burger is not something I want to spend my time in disney doing. There are a lot of nice restaurants we can try, we will save beaches and cream for a no way jose only! :cool1:

ASSports and POR - just did not like either one.

Hoop De Do - Too corny. And for me that's saying a lot.

Carousel of Progress - one hour of my life I will never get back. Felt like three hours.

At Disney for me I would most likely never sit through the Finding Nemo show again.

But my one NEVER EVER again would be the Harry Potter ride at US/IOA. Holy crow, threw me one way, sideways, backwards, etc. I walked straight off and to the cashier in the gift shop and told him to hand over all the Dramimine he had.

Never is a strong word...

One thing I never had the desire to do after reading and hearing nothing but awful reviews was Stitch at MK. And I probably never will.

And then I didn't enjoy the Finding Nemo Show and haven't had the desire to do it again, but if I was on vacation with someone who wanted to see it, then I would watch it again. I do think I might have a bias against it since it replaced one of my all-time favorite shows, Tarzan Rocks.

Indiana Jones is one I miss now. Just too long and too old.

Also Mission to Mars, that ride made me feel so ill afterwards!

- The Country Bear Jamboree.. awful.. really awful
- Tony's
- Crystal Palace
- DH did not like Saratoga Springs resort

Pirate's League. My 2 DD's wanted to do a boy's look, which I was not thrilled with but I wasn't going to make it a battle . . . But had kids asking their parents the rest of the day if my DD's were boys or girls.

OKW (boring, sporadic service)
Any value resort (too loud)
CRT (one time thing)
MNSCHP (not sure it was worth the extra money)
July visits (crowds, tour groups, need I say more?)
Prime Time Café (gave it three tries)
Captain EO (didn’t like it when it was new either)
All World Showcase restaurants (did them all once or twice and find the food mediocre)
Disney Buses
Country Bear Jamboree
Hoop Di Do Revue
Prince Caspian
Lights Motor Action Stunt Show (one time show)
Indiana Jones (one time show)
Sounds Dangerous (what a waste)

Sounds like a long list, but with the hundreds of things to do, it’s relatively short. Now if you asked me what I like to do........;)

Soarin' gave me a panic attack

Akershus- liked it, but the food was just meh for me, but everyone else loved it

Kali River Rapids- Somehow I am always that person, you know the one, the one who ends up getting soaked. Thats me. All the Time. I give up unless I accept my fate and one day wear a bathing suit. Knowing my (nonexistent) luck, that would be the one time i would come off bone dry :sad2:

but, I would do them again if a friend or travel partner wanted to.

Only thing I would never do again is food from Yak and Yeti CS and Cosmic Rays :sick:

Fantasmic- Too weird. Not worth the long, long wait.

Expedition Everest- Got off ride shaking so bad I had to sit for awhile to calm down.

Monster's Inc- Cute but I don't feel it's enough to do again.

DH & I did the non-spinning version of Mission: Space and neither of us were impressed. I have migraines though and I was afraid the other version would make me sick. So will probably skip it in the future.

Both of us were underwhelmed by EE - but we might give it another try in the future.

We do love a lot of things that other people listed. CBR was a great resort. 50's Prime Time is my DH's favorite restaurant and we enjoyed Sci-Fi too. :goodvibes

Likely won't do: Stitch, Jungle Cruise, Captain EO, Tiki Room

Won't eat at Sci-Fi or Yak & Yeti again

won't stay at Old Key West again. Ever.

Nine Dragons - food awful, service not much better
Ohana - we've been a couple of time, 1st time nice visit, 2nd time better visit, 3rd time was NOT a charm!!!!
POR - went last year after the refurb; we just don't get the attraction to all those who go there
Lights Motor Action - eh, just don't care to sit in the heat of the day to watch it, and when the fire starts, it's hotter!!!
Capt. EO - please it is so old, and really come on, Michael Jackson has been dead long enough now that we can let that tribute go. Bring on something else!!!
And I prefer the old Figment!!!

Hollywood and Vine - bad food, bad service and the chef was not helpful with food allergies.
Coral Reef - It wasn't bad just not great. There are so many other places I want to try, my family will probably never go back.

We wouldn't ever stay at the Polynesian either. I thought dinner at 'Ohana was pretty good, but we don't like the atmosphere of the resort at all.

We didn't enjoy lunch at Tusker House. It was loud, hot, and the food wasn't great. It's one we crossed off our list for the future.
. Not a fan of the Poly or Contempoary. We stayed at the Poly two years ago and the room reminded me of a Motel 6. Never again.

For me there is NOTHING at Disney that I wouldn't do again. I definitely prefer some things over others, but everything at Disney is so magical. I just immerse myself in the moment and find something to smile about.

Tony's is horrible.

Artist's Point and Ohana are the two most overrated restaurants at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter