Been There, Done That, Going Back! Day 12- Typhoon lagoon & Coral Reef

darthtatty

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Day 12
Monday 25th May 2009 – Typhoon lagoon

Cast
Me (Nicky)-34 -The sensible one lol Magic Kingdom fan, love the water rides, doesn’t like the simulation rides.
Matt-37 Major Star Wars fan-loves DHS, likes simulation rides.
Luke-9 huge Star wars fan-Loves DHS and water rides

typhoon_lagoon_200.gif

Well after the past few mornings being very hot, we decided we’d chance Typhoon Lagoon this morning. It was Memorial Day so wasn’t too sure where would be busy.
After having breakfast we caught the bus there. Changing and then used a locker to store our stuff. It was lovely and hot but very busy.
We found some seats first of all to leave our towel and Luke’s chair.
All went on Castaway Creek (where you go round the park on the rubber rings)
BX.jpg

Went round twice, its takes ages but it is just so relaxing. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Then we went in the main wave pool, now last trip Luke loved the wave pool-Matt and I took turns holding him and then all falling over as the big waves crashed down on us. This time he didn’t enjoy it as much, we still stayed in there for a while though.
P7200503.jpg

By this time we were all getting hungry. We decided to leave and eat at Downtown. After we changed we headed to the bus stops but thought it was a bit daft to catch a bus when Downtown was literally across the road. It was a very quick walk, the only thing was there were no pavements and the grass was very long and hard to wheel Luke on. We also had to cross a very busy road (with no crossing)
We made it ok, we were just waiting to be stopped by the Law for Jaywalking lol.
We weren’t the only ones who did the walk as there were a few others doing it too.

At Downtown we went to Cookies Of Dublin and got two kids portions of Shrimp to share, followed by a D’oh bar. Yum Yum Yum!
We caught the bus back to the Hotel to leave our swimming stuff and caught the monorail to Epcot.
When we got there we looked at our leave a legacy tiles again, at this point it stated raining heavily on us. We walked through Innovations and looked at parts of the living seas we missed the other day before our ADR
1887.jpg

Now we’d been here last time and enjoyed it, but the few weeks before we came on holiday I looked at the menu online and couldn’t see anything id like. So I was a bit worried but thought we’d see how things go.
We wore our anniversary badges today and were given some free champagne.
Luckily matt doesn’t drink much so more for me.
Matt got a magical star cocktail
1899.jpg

Matt & I got the sharer appetizer for two. It had a selection of beautifully tasting starters. We both loved this.
It consisted of 2 seared scallops on a bed of cauliflower foam, 2 grilled shrimp with a cucumber salad, Beef tenderloin with creamy polenta and 2 cups of creamy lobster soup.
1897.jpg

Luke- Pizza, he enjoyed it but wasn’t really anything special.
1904.jpg

Matt- can’t find it online but he had smoked chicken on a bed of tiny pasta (had a fancy name but cant remember it) He really enjoyed it and apart from a bit of bone ate it all up.
1905.jpg

Nicky- Pan seared fish of the day (Halibut) on a mushroom risotto, with scallops and white wine. Well what can I say?! This was one of the most delicious meals I’ve ever tasted- It just tasted divine.
The plates they serve the food on are big, so to begin with it doesn’t look like much. They are very good size portions, very filling.

1902.jpg

We then decided to order 3 desserts to share
Matt-Strawberry cheesecake, looked nothing like a cheesecake. Didn’t enjoy so much. Im not really a cheesecake fan.
Luke-chocolate wave, we all had some. It was very yum.
Nicky-baileys and Jack Daniel mousse, I thought this was good.

1918.jpg

1919.jpg

1920.jpg

We enjoyed this meal very much, the food tasted great.
It was good to have a meal and look at the fish tanks
1914.jpg

When we left it was still raining but not much. We headed to find somewhere to sit and watch Illuminations before returning to the hotel

1941.jpg

1945.jpg

ahhhh the chocolate wave- my kind of dessert :goodvibes glad you enjoyed your meal :thumbsup2

Another good day :thumbsup2

great day, those desserts look delicious !

ahhhh the chocolate wave- my kind of dessert :goodvibes glad you enjoyed your meal :thumbsup2

Great day! Those deserts look yummy!

Those desserts look delicious! :thumbsup2

They were very yum, i was quite full up before we had them so couldnt finish Matts cheesecake. The choc wave is def a favourite :thumbsup2

What a lovely relaxing day-the food looked delicous at Coral Reef especially your halibut.x.

Your food pis are great. Really gives a good idea of what to expect for anyone planning on eating there.
Great TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter