Been off the DIS for a while. What have I missed?

Oh boy :rotfl:

Too much to explain in one post, that's for sure. Long story short, paper FP (FP-) are on their way out quickly, and FP+ has been rolled out. If you're going to Disney anytime soon, scroll through the first few pages of the theme parks board. You should find some threads that explain FP+. You'll also find some that "debate" FP+.

Subscribing bc I've been off since our '12 trip. (but I have been keeping up with the FP+, MB stuff for the most part)

That FP+ is very bad, and that anything anyone posts here is probably 'rude' to someone, somewhere.

My post count going up... :rotfl:;)

Mainly the whole FastPass Plus and Magic Band implimentation and the speculations of what it will be like once it's fully in place, along with the old paper FP's going away, the new Fantasy Land in MK nearing completion, speculation of new areas at HS, etc...

Dan

As an infrequent WDWinfo follower, here is a question: With the changes to FP, is it a fair statement to say that Disney will be rewarding people who stay on site? Do you get FP perks if you stay onsite? Of every 5 trips to WDW, I may stay in a WDW resort one time...so by doing that, am I losing something that I would have received or benefited from before these recent changes????:offtopic:

:rotfl::rotfl: I just got "back" here a few weeks ago, and I'm STILL trying to catch up!!! It seems like the FP+ stuff changes every-stinkin-day :sad2:. I'm wondering if I should just hide under a rock until our Thanksgiving trip b/c everything will be different by then anyways!!!

Here's where it stands right now (I THINK!!!):

1) IF you are staying on site, you can choose 3 FP+ for each day, up to 60 days in a advance. They have to be at the same park for a particular day.
2) IF you are staying at All Stars or Pop, you no longer have access to FP-, you ONLY have access to FP+.
3) IF you are visiting AK, you no longer have access to FP- (no matter where you are staying). Those visiting AK and staying off-site make FP+ ressies in the morning when they arrive at the park.
4)ALL of the above could be different by tomorrow :crazy2:.

What's the scoop on Camp Minnie Mickey? I heard it's going away? Is this only the character meet & greet areas, or is Festival of Lion King impacted, too?

What's the scoop on Camp Minnie Mickey? I heard it's going away? Is this only the character meet & greet areas, or is Festival of Lion King impacted, too?

Both of those are closing on Sunday and will reopen sometime in late June or early July. I don't know if they've moved the M & G somewhere else in the parks?

As an infrequent WDWinfo follower, here is a question: With the changes to FP, is it a fair statement to say that Disney will be rewarding people who stay on site? Do you get FP perks if you stay onsite? Of every 5 trips to WDW, I may stay in a WDW resort one time...so by doing that, am I losing something that I would have received or benefited from before these recent changes????:offtopic:

Can someone clue me in if I am correct or not??

Thanks....

There are no additional FP+ for staying on site. On site guest are able to pre-book FP+ @60 days, off site likely just same day (for now). No other perks currently, but LOTS of speculation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter