Bee attack experience

DH had 3 stings at one time. They got into his motorcycle jacket while he was riding. Found out he's allergic, now he carries Epipen.

When we go through airport security at times it gets interesting, if we forget to keep it out for viewing. On those occasions we are in a secondary inspection!:scared:

DH was attacked by yellow jackets. They are usually a lot more aggressive than bees. He ran over their inground nest with a lawn mower. We had no idea they were there. He was stung about 6 times, but he's not allergic, so just very irritating. They all paid with their lives:rotfl2: DH sprayed hornet spray into the nest, emptied a whole can.

unfortunately yes. By yellow jackets.

I was pregnant with my DD and doing some gardening. I didn't see their nest in the ground. They swarmed around me and I got up to run away and fell.

I was stung I don't know how many times and had to go to the hospital as directed by my doctor so I and my unborn daughter could be checked out.

We were lucky - both of us were ok other than me being stung alot. I'm glad I turned out not to be severely allergic. It was scary.

Every since then I take the extra time to look around for any kind of bees nests - in the ground or on the plants before I begin gardening.

My dog was digging at something and barking/crying. She was tied up to a run and I went to see what she was doing, turns out it was ground bees. I was stung about 10 times, the dog was stung multiple times, mostly in her mouth and my dad trying to save us had over 50 stings. I was/am allergic and ran away screaming and ended up passing out about 10 feet out. My mom must have grabbed my epi pen and then rushed me to the hospital. All was well but I ended up with a terrible case of cellulitis and my pupperoni was miserable for quite a while. Those ground bees suck!

Did you get attacked? Hope you're okay!!

My dog was digging at something and barking/crying. She was tied up to a run and I went to see what she was doing, turns out it was ground bees. I was stung about 10 times, the dog was stung multiple times, mostly in her mouth and my dad trying to save us had over 50 stings. I was/am allergic and ran away screaming and ended up passing out about 10 feet out. My mom must have grabbed my epi pen and then rushed me to the hospital. All was well but I ended up with a terrible case of cellulitis and my pupperoni was miserable for quite a while. Those ground bees suck!

Did you get attacked? Hope you're okay!!

No, fortunately I haven't

Yellow Jackets again.
The kids and I were walking along a bike and hike trail in the woods. My daughter stepped off the path to pick up a stick that looked like a good walking stick.
She instantly let out a yelp, about a second later, my son who was 10 feet behind her got stung, and then I got it. We ran! The bees chased and stung us until we were clear of the woods, maybe 100 yards or so?? We all got multiple stings, DD and I the most, DS the least.
I knew they were aggressive, but I didn't realize they would chase you! :scared1:

Thankfully, none of us were allergic, but those stings really hurt. We nursed ourselves with ice packs for hours. :rotfl:
And we learned our lesson. STAY ON THE PATH!

My wife was attacked by yellow jackets. She was gardening and disturbed an inground nest. She suffered 30+ stings. We almost had to bring her to the ER.

When I was 10, my friend and I were out walking the neighborhood. We walked to a school that had a creek in the back. My friend found a Baggie on the ground and filled it up with creek water. She then saw a hole in the ground and decided to pour the water into the hole.

All of a sudden bunch of yellow jackets came swarming out of the hole. I took off running and she came running after me (she was always a faster runner than I, but that day I BOOKED!). I looked back at her and she was just covered in bees! Her head, face, arms, chest...all covered. Finally after running a while, they flew off of her.

Amazingly, only two of them stung her! She was very lucky.

My daughter and son were playing in the backyard when they were little. My daughter was about 18 mos & my son almost 3. He came tearing into the house screaming, and it turned out that there were a swarm of bees around my daughter. She was stung in the face, and through her sweatshirt. For a long time after that she was afraid of any swarm - june bugs, flies, etc. We were so lucky that she wasn't allergic!

I was doing a little weed eating for my husband when I hit an inground nest. I was stung mainly on the face, arms and once on my back. I think I had maybe 7 or 8 total. It happened so fast!! I hate those things!!

I went in my backyard shed last year to get out the lawnmower for the first cut of the season. I discovered a bees nest in there after accidentally hitting it when moving a bunch of gardening tools.

Thank goodness I just got a few stings, because it could have been a lot worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter