Bedwetting accidents?

jennyjinx3

DIS Veteran
Hi

In the rare case that our youngest has a night time bed wetting accident (happens at home occasionally) what should we do? We are bringing a waterproof pad to underneath her so not to hurt the mattress.

At home we usually change her sheets then and there if an accident occurs, so just wondering about what to do. Thx for any help. She won't wear a pull up at night. :flower3:

talk to your room steward and ask him to leave an extra set of sheets with you

I know you said she won't wear a pull up but honestly, just tell her that you're on vacation and it won't kill her to wear a pull up during the duration of it. Much less hassle for everyone. My almost 9 year old still has accidents and the pull ups are so much less of a headache on vacations for us knowing that she is covered in case of an oops.

I know you said she won't wear a pull up but honestly, just tell her that you're on vacation and it won't kill her to wear a pull up during the duration of it. Much less hassle for everyone. My almost 9 year old still has accidents and the pull ups are so much less of a headache on vacations for us knowing that she is covered in case of an oops.

This is true, I would just hate for her to think it is okay to do it in a pull up and then come home and have issues. Although she is asleep when it occurs so it's not a conscious decision. I may sleep better if she uses one .;)

I pack a couple of UnderJams for DD5 when we travel. We don't always use them, but it's nice to know they are in the suitcase just in case.

This is true, I would just hate for her to think it is okay to do it in a pull up and then come home and have issues. Although she is asleep when it occurs so it's not a conscious decision. I may sleep better if she uses one .;)

Oh my 8 year old knows I don't like her using pull ups but her Ped is giving her until her 9th birthday before we try medicines to keep her from night wetting. She is so embarrassed, poor thing :(

Oh my 8 year old knows I don't like her using pull ups but her Ped is giving her until her 9th birthday before we try medicines to keep her from night wetting. She is so embarrassed, poor thing :(

Awww poor things. They hate it too. :guilty: Thanks for the advice.:)

My DD had an accident when she was four years old on our first cruise. No biggie the cabin steward changed the sheets. She's six now but I do still travel with a GoodNights mattress pad that is disposable and sticks right on top of the bed sheets. When you're on vacation and the kiddos are drinking more pop than normal, up later, etc. accidents happen!

I'm not trying to turn this into a bed wetting thread but I wanted to pass along what finally worked for my 7 year old daughter. I ordered a Malem bed wetting alarm and it worked within a week. I ordered from EBay and paid around $50. It was worth every penny! I know all kids are different but thought I'd pass my experience along. Good luck. I know it's frustrating for all involved.

They had waterproof sheets when we told our room steward that our 4 yr old May have an accident. Turns out he didn't once the whole cruise but they did provide them.

I'm not trying to turn this into a bed wetting thread but I wanted to pass along what finally worked for my 7 year old daughter. I ordered a Malem bed wetting alarm and it worked within a week. I ordered from EBay and paid around $50. It was worth every penny! I know all kids are different but thought I'd pass my experience along. Good luck. I know it's frustrating for all involved.

I second this recommendation. :thumbsup2 It also worked for my son in about a week and was almost unbelievable how quick and easy it was, and I don't recall a single accident afterwards. Seems like he was also about 7, so that might be the good age for it.

There is nothing to be ashamed about....the bladder is immature...period. Bring a plastic mattress cover and ask for an extra set of sheets. The less you make of it, the less stressful it is.

Our dd is 10 and still occasionally has an accident. Now, when we are on vacation, I try to limit her liquids after dinner, but I also will wake her when we are going to bed to try just one more time. She's never had an accident on the ship.

My older ds has accidents. We've tried everything from alarms to meds. The urologist says that pull ups don't really encourage the training of the bladder. She suggested we go to a medical store or a store that sells hospital supplies and they sell pads that are cloth with a water proof backing and are washable. We brought 3 for a seven night cruise with the intention of washing them if need be. Luckily he didn't wet. But they fold up much smaller than a full mattress cover. And it's nothing to be ashamed of.

DS has same problem. There are disposable pads too!! I think Good Nights makes them and they're sold next to all the pull ups!! They were perfect for us! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter