beds at pop century

brauergirls

Earning My Ears
For those of you who have stayed at pop century, how are the beds?

I've read about people bringing mattress toppers, etc.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, please update me on the thermostat issue in the rooms. I will be going at the end of June. I would like to be able to adjust myself it need to.

I have stayed at POP twice and going again this Sept, when we were there back in 2004 2005 both times the beds were just fine, but i feel that you are so doggone tired from being at the parks any bed would do.

But seriously to me the beds were fine, but not sure about the thermostat issue, i know a lot of people complain about the room being hot, but we were always fine.

Brooke

I think the beds at POP are a little uncomfortable, but we are returning for our 4th time in September, so they aren't bad enough to keep us away. I don't think they are any worse than some other hotels I have stayed in.

I have never had a problem with the thermostat in the room. I have been able to adjust the temperature higher and lower, depending on the weather.

My family and I have stayed there before and had no trouble with the beds. At the end of a long, fun, emotional day, we would have slept on anything! But seriously the beds were fine! You can adjust the tempertaure to your liking, I just remember not being able to turn it down past 55 or 60 degrees, not that I wanted it that cold, but I wanted to know how cold it would let you go! Happy Planning! :tinker:

We didnt have problem with the beds or thermostat. Everything was fine with our room. We are staying there again in Jan.

I have a really bad back and I hate hotel beds. I usually bring an airmatress becuase I ache so bad. I loved the Pop bed. It was very comfy for me. No everyone is different, but I have a really expensive mattress at home and this one stil lfelt Ok. It wasn't too firm, but not too soft either.

I like the beds there better than Shades of Green (I remember staying at both one trip and feeling the Pop was better). I like the beds.

I never once found the room to be too hot and it was 100 degrees outside. I was, however, too cold a couple of nights. Now, I'm from Canada and up here we like to keep our cold OUTside so my opinion of a comfortable room temperature may differ from yours.

The beds were beds, just regular bed. Nothing special but nothing worth complaining about either.

We didn't have a problem with them either, probably because we were super tired when it was time to use them and we could have slept anywhere! :)

However, in case you don't already know, they're just doubles and not queens.

I can sleep on the floor.. but... that said...

I found the beds better than some hotels I stayed in.. including the "Sleep Inn" in Florence, SC the night before on the way down. THAT was a bad bed.

One of my travel mates wasn't enamored of the bed, but he slept fine on it.

We managed to adjust the thermostat up and down just fine. If we were ever uncomfortable.. it was comfy in just a few minutes.

Knox

The beds at Pop seem like the beds at most resorts Ive stayed at. A few years ago we were at AS Music and one of the beds we had was awful, I made a phone call to mousekeeping and a few minutes later a guy knocks on the door with a brand new mattress! :lmao:

I slept great that week!

I never once found the room to be too hot and it was 100 degrees outside. I was, however, too cold a couple of nights. Now, I'm from Canada and up here we like to keep our cold OUTside so my opinion of a comfortable room temperature may differ from yours.

The beds were beds, just regular bed. Nothing special but nothing worth complaining about either.

I have to concur with you on the keeping the cold out. Gosh, I hate the cold and a couple of nights last October / first couple of weeks in Nov. on Florida . I turned the heat on and was shivering under the blankets! Imagine outside all day in shorts and swimming too and freezing at night! Kinds reminded me of some summer nights here in Canada! Hot, hot days and cool, cold evenings!

Charleyann

I found the beds a little hard, but like one poster stated you are so tired when you return to the hotel that I could even sleep on a bed of nails. :lmao: As far as the thermostat issues, my husband likes it cold and I never heard him complain about the room being to warm.

I stayed for 2 weeks in 2005 at POP, the beds were so hard it was like sleeping on concerte. I must say, we joked about the floor having more give:rotfl: I hope they have changed! As for the room temp, we never had a problem with it, although it was a COLD January when we were there.

The beds were fine. I got a good night sleep every night. We did not have a problem with the therostat either, but we were able to adjust it to how we wanted it. The only time we would change it was if we were coming from the pool so that it wouldn't be so cold (from the air conditioning) when we were walking back wet.

POP's beds are the pits! My DH had to take a pain pill every morning just to roll out of it! :eek: Seriously, they are as hard as concrete as a PP said. The worst!

On the other hand, if you like a very firm mattress, then this is the one for you.

I thought the beds were fine. No problem sleeping nights, but we were out and about all day and very tired when we returned to hotel --- I guess we could would sleep on anything. And never a problem with the thermostat. We could adjust if we needed to.

I hated the beds at Pop. Felt like a trampoline with a sheet on top. Hard and bouncy. Hated it.

I have a Tempur Pedic mattress at home, though. Maybe that has something to do with my opinion. ;)

However, I just stayed at WL and LOVED that bed...well, for a hotel bed that is. It was soft, not too firm, and I slept well in it.

The Pop bed made my shoulders and hips hurt really bad. I'm a side sleeper...

Worse than the beds, though, are the pillows at Pop. Bring your own!

I've stayed at Pop on 4 different vacations. every time the beds were ok EXCEPT the last time I stayed there back in Oct. I could feel wires poking through. I flipped the mattress and it was better although I had to make the bed back up. :mad:

the thermostat was fine. it got very cold and we had to keep it turned down because it stayed so cold. esp. at night.

will be back there in a couple of weeks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter