• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bed rails on a sleep sofa?

travelgirl06

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this is a silly question... I was assuming we'd be using the pack and play for our trip in August, but as DD has started climbing out of her crib we've moved her to a toddler bed at home.

Do the bed rails work on the sleeper sofa? If not, what do people usually do to keep their toddlers in the bed? I'm sure if need be we will get creative and come up with something, but having a plan in advance is ideal:thumbsup2

We are in a studio at BWV, if it makes a difference in terms of what's in the room.

Forgive me if this is a silly question... I was assuming we'd be using the pack and play for our trip in August, but as DD has started climbing out of her crib we've moved her to a toddler bed at home.

Do the bed rails work on the sleeper sofa? If not, what do people usually do to keep their toddlers in the bed? I'm sure if need be we will get creative and come up with something, but having a plan in advance is ideal:thumbsup2

We are in a studio at BWV, if it makes a difference in terms of what's in the room.

They don't work very well on the sleeper sofas. Put a pool noodle under the sheet along side the edge of the bed. It will keep the little ones from rolling out.

Checking in, in 3 weeks, with our 2yr old and wondering the same about the bed rails on the sofa bed. Going to give the bed rails a try and see. Fingers crossed.

Checking in, in 3 weeks, with our 2yr old and wondering the same about the bed rails on the sofa bed. Going to give the bed rails a try and see. Fingers crossed.

There are at least two different types of sleeper sofa, maybe three. The bed rails don't work well on most of them because the mattress isn't a true mattress. Many have a three section pad. Some have a "mattress-ish" mattress.

Yep, BLT had a three section mattress, daughter (31) said she didn't notice while sleeping...except nephew kept claiming more, more, more space (4yr old)! :love:

I ran across this issue on our last trip. I thought I would just get the bed rails and put it under the chair sleeper. The mattress was sewn to the bed part, so the rails couldn't slide under the mattress.

I tried putting my daughter on the sleep sofa with pillows propped up everywhere but she was just too scared.

In the end, she slept with us!

I ran across this issue on our last trip. I thought I would just get the bed rails and put it under the chair sleeper. The mattress was sewn to the bed part, so the rails couldn't slide under the mattress.

I tried putting my daughter on the sleep sofa with pillows propped up everywhere but she was just too scared.

In the end, she slept with us!

Try the noodle trick. I've heard it works great to keep little kids from falling out of bed.

And where are folks finding these pool noodles? Sure not going to fit one into my checked luggage...

And where are folks finding these pool noodles? Sure not going to fit one into my checked luggage...

They sell them in the resort stores or you can pick them up at Walmart or Target. If you make a grocery stop, you can pick them up there. If you have a company pick up and deliver your groceries, include a couple of pool noodles in your order.

We just stayed a bwv. We put our three year old on the day bed and the rails from housekeeping worked on it. You only get a daybed if you have a dedicated studio and not a lock off.

We just stayed a bwv. We put our three year old on the day bed and the rails from housekeeping worked on it. You only get a daybed if you have a dedicated studio and not a lock off.

Good to know, maybe I'll request a dedicated studio...but I'll pack some pool noodles too! Thanks everyone for the great tips! She rolls around a lot in her toddler bed, so we need something:thumbsup2:

Good to know, maybe I'll request a dedicated studio...but I'll pack some pool noodles too! Thanks everyone for the great tips! She rolls around a lot in her toddler bed, so we need something:thumbsup2:

Dedicated studio (used to be called Studio Plus) is no longer a request. You either get it or not. The "day bed" looks like a deacon's bench with a crib sized mattress on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter