Bed comfort

Pineapple Princess

Mouseketeer
My dh and I were quite excited to go to SSR and have a one bedroom for our last trip. What totally unexcited us was how uncomfortable the bed was. My MIL who was on the pull out couch said the same thing about hers. She said she figured they skimped on the beds because everyone would be so tired after being in the parks all day that they wouldn't complain.

Looking back I remember bad beds at each of the DVC resorts where we have stayed. Some are a little less uncomfortable than others, but none of them near how comfortable other hotel beds are. For the cash price for these places I find it unacceptable.

I think next time I will bring my own bed topper or the mats we use when camping. Please tell me I am not the only one that feels this way.

Its funny you say this, we have found the beds at OKW and VWL to be more comfortable these days than before they were replaced. We are considering buying one through the Disney Resorts website that are used at the DVC resorts.

But as I get older, I find a stiffer mattress to suit me better. The king size mattress used at 1 beds are $1500.00 so not cheap.

Im not sure if SSR has upgraded to the new mattress yet or not, maybe an SSR owner can verify, but this may explain.

:) DH and I sleep well at AKV. When I have trouble sleeping I pop in Advil 600mg (3-200mg tabs) and drift off. Could it be that you are too tired and sore from a long day and just need a little something to help? I find the beds comfy unless I am sore then nothing helps...DH and I sleep on an 18" all foam Englander Mattress at home...and even on it sometimes I have to pull out the Advil....Just a thought. I always sleep in the bed and DH always sleeps on the pull out. He never complains either and we are both pooh sized and use CPAPs.

We take my MIL with us and she has her own studio and states she sleeps well also. We just returned Friday and she didn't have any problems. She is a youthful 70.

:) DH and I sleep well at AKV. When I have trouble sleeping I pop in Advil 600mg (3-200mg tabs) and drift off. Could it be that you are too tired and sore from a long day and just need a little something to help? I find the beds comfy unless I am sore then nothing helps...DH and I sleep on an 18" all foam Englander Mattress at home...and even on it sometimes I have to pull out the Advil....Just a thought. I always sleep in the bed and DH always sleeps on the pull out. He never complains either and we are both pooh sized and use CPAPs.

We take my MIL with us and she has her own studio and states she sleeps well also. We just returned Friday and she didn't have any problems. She is a youthful 70.

The bed was actually the most uncomfortable the first night there when we didn't go into a park at all. It felt so hard that I think that the floor might actually be softer.
Maybe it is just us?:confused3

None of the beds are a good as mine at home, but they have all been better than other hotels that we use outside of WDW (like driving down or taking other trips). We sleep fine at WDW in the villas.

The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at WDW was a deluxe savannah view studio(Zebra Trail) @ AKV in Jambo House. I did not want to leave that bed! :thumbsup2

I am sorry you didn't like the beds. A good night's sleep is so important on vacation. We actually like the beds so much we purchased one. They are made by Sealy and available through special order. We just got back from two weeks at WDW (VWL & OKW) and it was so nice to come home to that mattress.

I also have no problem with the pull-outs and have slept on them many times. The mattresses are on the firm side (both the beds and the pull-outs) so perhaps you prefer something softer.

My dh and I were quite excited to go to SSR and have a one bedroom for our last trip. What totally unexcited us was how uncomfortable the bed was. My MIL who was on the pull out couch said the same thing about hers. She said she figured they skimped on the beds because everyone would be so tired after being in the parks all day that they wouldn't complain.

Looking back I remember bad beds at each of the DVC resorts where we have stayed. Some are a little less uncomfortable than others, but none of them near how comfortable other hotel beds are. For the cash price for these places I find it unacceptable.

I think next time I will bring my own bed topper or the mats we use when camping. Please tell me I am not the only one that feels this way.

Two weeks ago, I slept in 3 different villas at BCV. Unfortunately the beds in all 3 had very hard, uncomfortable mattresses. However, I heard that the BCV mattresses were being changed out, so I guessed (and hoped) that I was unlucky enough to be in 3 of the villas with "old" mattresses. My mattress in AKV-Jambo was better last week, not great, but certainly an improvement over BCV.

Bed opinions vary by person. I actually sleep very well while at DVC...especially SSR.

The bed and bedding at BLT were wonderful! My most comfortable DVC sleep by far :cloud9:

The only bed that I thought was hard was in a studio at OKW. I've most recently slept in a king at BCV, dedicated 2 bedroom, and had good sleep each night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter