Bed Bugs

CdnBuzzFan

DIS Veteran
I got back on Saturday from a disney vacation at Pop Century. My legs are covered in bites from bed bugs. I only noticed them on Friday afternoon and mentioned it briefly to the concierge on my way out to catch the magical express to the airport early saturday morning. I would like to follow up with disney on this but i really dont know where to begin. Does anyone have any heplful suggestions you would be willing to share with me?

I got back on Saturday from a disney vacation at Pop Century. My legs are covered in bites from bed bugs. I only noticed them on Friday afternoon and mentioned it briefly to the concierge on my way out to catch the magical express to the airport early saturday morning. I would like to follow up with disney on this but i really dont know where to begin. Does anyone have any heplful suggestions you would be willing to share with me?

Was it just you, or were others in your group bitten too? Did you check your luggage to make sure you didn't bring hitchikers home??

It was just me. My son doesnt have any bites. And so far, i havent seen any bugs in the suitcase but im actually afraid to look.

If you think you were bit by Bed bugs please keep your luggage and anything that was in that room quarantined until you can get a professional bug guy to look through it. Otherwise you will have a nightmare on your hands if you did bring some home.

It was just me. My son doesnt have any bites. And so far, i havent seen any bugs in the suitcase but im actually afraid to look.

Yikes...please make sure you look super closer, not just for the bugs but for their "droppings". You can google how to tell if bed bugs have been there and see examples of what to look for. If you've already brought the luggage into your house, you may have a problem on your hands. If you haven't...don't bring anything in until you can inspect EVERYTHING.

It has to be bed bugs because i didnt feel anything bite me during the day and you dont feel bed bugs bite. My legs also look like images
How do you know they are bed bugs? Did you check your bed?
ive seen on the internte

Id like to know how to follow up on this with disney. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do that?

It has to be bed bugs because i didnt feel anything bite me during the day and you dont feel bed bugs bite. My legs also look like images

ive seen on the internte

They could be Noseeum bites. I've received mysterious bites at Disney many times and usually don't see or feel them.

Not sure what you are expecting to happen since you have no proof that bed bugs are the culprit. All I can suggest is to email them the room number and ask to examine for future guests. However, I doubt they are going to report anything back to you.

I would honestly be more worried about what may have come home with me VS contacting Disney at this point. I understand being afraid to look but I really hope you haven't brought your suitcases in the house before checking them.

Chances are if you are only got bit on the legs then they might not be bed bugs. It may be fleas or as someone mentioned, Noseeums. Bed bugs will bite all over your body, not just your lower legs.

Good Luck!!

For anyone reading this thread: in the future this must be handled immediately at the resort. When you noticed them on Friday you needed to contact management. Disney has a protocol for bed bugs and would have inspected immediately and you could have had your luggage/items treated. Not trying to be adversarial but there is little Disney can do now that you have checked out and someone else is in the room.

You need to quarantine your luggage and place all your items in plastic bags. Contact a pest management co. with experience with bed bugs if you find evidence of bed bugs.

We got bed bugs at Disney. My daughter and I only had bites on our legs. Disney checked the room and found bed bugs. So it definitely could be. I agree with the others. At this point, you need to take precautions and bring nothing into your home. I'd call Disney to alert them to check the room. Once they do that, you'll know more. But you're better off to take care of yourself now that you are home. Good luck.

For anyone reading this thread: in the future this must be handled immediately at the resort. When you noticed them on Friday you needed to contact management. Disney has a protocol for bed bugs and would have inspected immediately and you could have had your luggage/items treated. Not trying to be adversarial but there is little Disney can do now that you have checked out and someone else is in the room.

You need to quarantine your luggage and place all your items in plastic bags. Contact a pest management co. with experience with bed bugs if you find evidence of bed bugs.

Exactly, which was my point in asking was she sure it was bed bugs. You don't go home and then decide. You have to take action then, immediately for the sake of yourself and others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter