Bed Bugs at Pop Century?!

Bed bugs have almost nothing to do with cleanliness, and almost everything to do with the previous guests. Bed bugs are flat creatures that can squeeze into some very tight spots, between wood slats, electrical outlets, wall panels, and between just about anything you could squeeze a credit card into. They can go over 6 months without feeding. and all it takes is one pregnant female to start an outbreak. Hotels have their methods to find them, but they can't search everything, everyday to find them.

:offtopic:I would be more worried about getting on a ride, a bus seat, a park bench, or a restaurant chair after someone with bed bugs got off. oops, just opened a can of worms with that one.

Stayed at the Yacht Club a few years ago and went to the front desk at 4 am due to dozens of bites on my legs and uncontrollable itching. They sent out the authorities and found nothing. Apparently it was a reaction I was having to the no see ums which cause itching much like bed bugs :oO
Years ago I was at the beach in MS and got little bite marks on my legs, and my mother in law said it was sand mites that you can't see. I thought she was crazy! but they went away after a week and never came back. I was the only one who covered their legs with sand and just sat there.

The way to try and get rid of bed bugs are usually with steam, hot steam! I am sure they also use other things to clean. And they do have bed bug sniffing dogs not sure if Disney will use one but do they have them.... Unfortunately I work in an emergency department and deal with them often....

Ok, I guess I am missing something. What does underwear have to do with bed bugs?
:lmao: :rotfl2: So funny. I was wondering the same thing. :rotfl:

Maybe the underwear is for people checking out after they see the bill and how much the vacation cost? :duck:
:rotfl: :rotfl2: True! Some folks might need diapers, never mind fresh underwear.

Sorry but I think the OP is a troll. At 11 posts and the mention of underwear...sorry, not buying it. Thats just silly. :laughing:

I was just at POP and we talked to the Beagle handler. They have had guests try to claim they had bed bugs but none were found. The legal dept dispatches them to search when someone claims "bedbugs". No positive cases at POP in the last few weeks.

A friend of mine just got back from PC and said there was a wide spread bed bug issue. To the point that they are selling extra underwear and what not at the I'n resort store. Can anyone co firm this?! I'm staying in two weeks and am seriously considering changing resorts.. Like ***

No worries......they are only the underwear-eating bedbugs.

Just leave a sacrificial pair of drawers on the bed before you leave each day, and they will leave the rest of the room alone.

That's why they sell underwear in the shops....it's to donate to the bugs. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter