Bed Bugs at Candy Cane Inn recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, I am here to say that there is nothing to worry about. Unfortunately on the internet, anyone can post anything. But, it is not always true.

I have been the Front Office Manager at the Candy Cane Inn for three years now. I can assure you all that bed bugs have not been an issue for us, for one simple reason. We do not ignore any issues we find or that are reported to us.

We are a hotel that has been in the city of Anaheim for 54 years. We are owned by a single owner and we are the ONLY hotel he owns.

If you have ever been to our hotel, you will see that even during this tough economic time that we are in, we continue to invest in our hotel upgrading and renovating the property to better serve our guests.

Anyone who has questions or concerns about staying with us can feel free to contact me directly at 714-774-5284.

Thank you all for being loyal disboard readers and for your comments about the Candy Cane Inn!

-- Chris - Front Office Manager

Ok, everyone calm down. I called the CCI and asked for the manager. I spoke to the nicest man, Chris. He was very helpful in explaining the situation to me. He said he had just received 5 phone calls as of today about this thread. He has joined to DIS now to monitor and reply to this and any other situations that may pop up.

First and foremost... there isn't a widespread bedbug epidemic at the CCI. He is aware of this traveler's experience and they are dealing with it. He also added that they have a routine top to bottom inspection of their rooms, done by both housekeeping and engineering.

Any singular case of bedbugs will be dealt with swiftly before any chance of spreading. Mattresses will be tossed along with and other effected materials.

He added that the owner of the CCI would never sell the guests short by getting by with the bare minimum treatment of rooms. Whatever needs to be done to fix this and any other situation will be done.

Hope this helps. And, thank you to Chris for making me feel 100% excited about our summer trip to the CCI!!

THANKS CHRIS and THANKS TINK!!!! :thumbsup2

Oh and :welcome: Chris to the DIS!!!! Come back often!!! :cool1:

You are most welcome! It was a pleasure to speak to you! See you this summer and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

I want to thank you for taking the time to address this. I cannot say enough good things about CCI and I tell everyone who listens how much we have loved our stays there. This problem can pop up anywhere anytime so I care more about how a place stays on top of it rather than changing hotels. :thumbsup2

Yes, thanks Chris for joining the Disboards to address this issue! We've stayed at the CCI several times and love it. We'll be there again at the end of April and I'm glad that I don't have to worry about a bed bug issue. I hope you'll come back and post often to help answer any questions that come up about CCI. :)

Thanks Chris - we will be there in 2 weeks so naturally I was very concerned about it.

We will be staying at the CCI starting April 3. I am so impressed that Chris came on here to address our concerns. Having not stayed at the CCI before, I feel really good about our choice of hotel now. Thanks, Chris, for being so proactive! I am looking forward to our stay at your hotel.

Having looked at the Bed bugs registry site, yes there are several hotels in Anaheim with reports - Ok you can't validate anything but the reports on CCI are the most recent - 3 this month. It's commendable that Chris is keeping tabs on this but still, as I am due to visit very very soon, I must admit I am still extremely worried - will all the rooms now be checked thoroughly at the CCI or just the ones where people have bothered to report an issue? Guests may have been bitten but not bothered to report - I wouldnt have known much about bedbugs without reading threads like this - maybe ignorance was bliss.

The fact that the OP's friend came back with bites just a week ago gives me the creeps.

Thank you to those who have had their faith restored in the Candy Cane Inn. Of course there will always be sceptics and I understand that.

When it comes down to it you have to trust and believe that we at the Candy Cane Inn do our best to provide quality accomodations for our guests. Are we 100% perfect? No, no one can be. But, we do our best to be as close to perfect as possible.

During those rare occasions where we do fail, we are in the business of guest satisfaction and we will do anything and everything to make things right.

We take pride in our little hotel. That is why we have been in business for 54 years. The only way you will know for sure that the Candy Cane Inn is a quality hotel is to come try it for yourself.

If you are not satisfied with your stay or if there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me or my staff know. We will do what we can to ensure you will be a loyal Candy Cane Inn guest.

Thank you for reading this.

-- Chris

It says a lot for a manager to show this much interest in their hotel and the safety/happiness of their guests. Being a local, I will definitely be recommending this hotel to all family members/friends who come to Disney from here on out. :)

I want to thank you for taking the time to address this. I cannot say enough good things about CCI and I tell everyone who listens how much we have loved our stays there. This problem can pop up anywhere anytime so I care more about how a place stays on top of it rather than changing hotels. :thumbsup2

I am excited to be trying CCI for the first time during the D23 in August!

According to manager Chris, there is not.

Or, he's saying IF there are they will take care of it. If you suspect bed bugs in your room at any hotel, it's important to tell them. I'm sure most hotels would like to make sure they do not spread!

I am thrilled to see the CCI Manager post here. I did that that one horrible experience at CCI. It was sometime in later 2006 when my sister and I took our trip. I also stated I liked CCI very much. The best thing about this Big Bug issue is ----- I want to try CCI again. It appears they are blessed with a very thoughtful Manager now.

I would like to take a moment and say my post was/is true. But like Chris said things can happen. I know should I ever have an issue I/we have a friend looking out for us at CCI.

Thanks again Chris

Happy 2 B Me

I spoke with the manager this afternoon, he called me on his day off, and he made me feel very comfortable about staying there. They are very on top of it at the Candy Cane. I can't wait until next Saturday!

I spoke with the manager this afternoon, he called me on his day off, and he made me feel very comfortable about staying there. They are very on top of it at the Candy Cane. I can't wait until next Saturday!

Wow, that's awesome! :thumbsup2

It looks like at least three Dis'ers will be staying at the CCI next weekend.
My Family and a friend will be there starting Saturday for 5 nights. this will be our 4th stay at the CCI. We have always had nothing to say but great things for this place. if we ever have any questions or problems which have been few for us, we just ask the front desk and have always been happy.

Unless we stay onsite (we are DVC members) we try to stay at CCI.

Excited about this trip pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter