Becoming Disney-type Travel Agent? I'm planning FOUR separate friends vacations :)

weHEARTmickey

Dreamin' of Disney.......
Before you gripe at me for wasting my time planning all these trips, you MUST know...this is MY DISNEY THERAPY!!! :banana: That's right, when I'm not planning my own family's trips, I have a need to plan for others. DH mentioned I should get paid to do this! I even held a "WDW Seminar" for a couple of friends a yr or 2 ago. I probably average about 4-5 trips per yr that I plan for others. :rotfl2: What are my options to get paid as an Disney only, online-type travel agent? TIA princess:

If you're the resident Disney expert, rather than becoming a travel agent (for which I believe you'll need to take a course) why don't you teach a course on planning trips to Disney at your local community college/recreation center?

I am planning 3 with a possible 4th trip also for friends and family on top of my own in Feb! Everyone tells me I should be a travel agent, but I think doing it fir a living would take the "fun" right out of it!
My true dream (seriously not joking) would be to become someone that answers the phone or chats with people that have questions!!

I am planning 3 with a possible 4th trip also for friends and family on top of my own in Feb! Everyone tells me I should be a travel agent, but I think doing it fir a living would take the "fun" right out of it!
My true dream (seriously not joking) would be to become someone that answers the phone or chats with people that have questions!!

Sooty - I know this isn't helpful in answering your question.... I am just in a chatty mood :)

I will check into the Dreams Unlimited. Are there any others? I really don't want to drive anywhere, such as the local community college, just b/c we have kids & their schedules keep me busy! It would be great if I could just do something from home. I could put that $$ towards more Disney trips. ;)

I used to work as a TA at AAA. I don't know about Disney but companies like Starwood and Marriott have lots of reservation agents that work from home all over the country. Disney or tour companies that work exclusively with Disney might do the same thing.

I just sent an e-mail to Dreams Unlimited!!! Wish me luck & send me some pixie dust! :laughing: Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm hoping to find a company that is exclusively Disney, b/c I'm SO passionate about it!

Dreams Unlimited is "fully staffed" right now, so they're not an option. :sad1: Do you know of any other REPUTABLE **real** agencies out there? Thanks, Angela :flower3:

I used to work as a TA at AAA. I don't know about Disney but companies like Starwood and Marriott have lots of reservation agents that work from home all over the country. Disney or tour companies that work exclusively with Disney might do the same thing.

How did you get involved with AAA as a TA? I've wanted to do that but have no idea of the qualifications or necessary steps to take.

How did you get involved with AAA as a TA? I've wanted to do that but have no idea of the qualifications or necessary steps to take.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Travel & Tourism. I worked at AAA part time as a receptionist while in college and got hired on full time as a TA when I graduated. Unfortunately, I was laid off due to the economy (and internet!) really affecting travel agencies. They laid off about 90 others at the same time. I'm in a different industry now, but I think it would be hard to get into a travel agency now and really make a career out of it. The people I worked with had 20+ years experience with AAA or other agencies. My best friend's mother owns her own travel agency and works out of her house. She's very successful but it's a difficult start up. It's unfortunately a struggling and disappearing industry. But many community colleges have certificates and associate's degrees you can get in Travel which are very informative and look good on a resume!

I actually did this! I went to a local travel agent in town and just told her that I wanted to know what it would take to become a TA in her agency. I am able to work from home, part time, because I work full time. I would suggest going to a local travel agent in your area and just see what happens! Its is so much fun helping people have fun! I love it!

I actually did this! I went to a local travel agent in town and just told her that I wanted to know what it would take to become a TA in her agency. I am able to work from home, part time, because I work full time. I would suggest going to a local travel agent in your area and just see what happens! Its is so much fun helping people have fun! I love it!

I know this is a fairly old post but I agree w/ the above quote. I was very lucky and found out about an agent w/in an hour of where I live. She signed me on as an outside agent. I was able to take the "disney college of knowlege" courses AND go on the Earmarked Disney Dream cruise this year. I haven't made a ton of money but I LOVE my job. Definitely contact a local agency, tell them of your love & knowlege of Disney, and how family & friends come to you to plan their trips. If one agency tells you no, contact another. Good Luck!!!

Before you gripe at me for wasting my time planning all these trips, you MUST know...this is MY DISNEY THERAPY!!! :banana: That's right, when I'm not planning my own family's trips, I have a need to plan for others. DH mentioned I should get paid to do this! I even held a "WDW Seminar" for a couple of friends a yr or 2 ago. I probably average about 4-5 trips per yr that I plan for others. :rotfl2: What are my options to get paid as an Disney only, online-type travel agent? TIA princess:

Hello..there are bunches of Disney Travel Agencies....

Mousketrips.com actually has a spot to "recruit" new agents...go to their website and click on "join us" in upper right hand corner!

you can try small world vacations, kingdommagictravel.com, themagicforless.com, nevergrowuptravel.com

There are countless more!! just google disney travel agencies, you will find tons! Doesn't hurt to contact them and see what they say!

you will realize on the dis, we all are disney travel agents!!! we are the best ones to plan disney trips, i know i've planned over 20 trips for bosses and families that don't have a clue where to begin. i love it! i have to be planning a disney trip! i want everyone to have a magical time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter