• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Becoming a mom at 35 !!! Update post 123!

I'm 37, and I know a lot of my former high school classmates are currently pregnant or just recently had babies...

Well, I am pregnant!!! That did not take nearly as long as I feared! We had accepted and prepared ourselves for this top be a long process. I am so excited I want to tell everyone! The doctor told me I should wait until 12 weeks before sharing the news because of my age and risk of miscarriage "at my age" but I don't think I can wait that long!! I am nervous and excited! I have an appointment with a midwife the week after next.

Well, I am pregnant!!! That did not take nearly as long as I feared! We had accepted and prepared ourselves for this top be a long process. I am so excited I want to tell everyone! The doctor told me I should wait until 12 weeks before sharing the news because of my age and risk of miscarriage "at my age" but I don't think I can wait that long!! I am nervous and excited! I have an appointment with a midwife the week after next.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Good luck with everything!! I had my one and only at 34. I think it's an awesome age. I'm settled in my career to be secure yet still young enough to do fun things with her!! :thumbsup2 And besides, I got all that partying and drinking out of my system when I didn't have anyone waiting for me at home!!!

Congratulations!
Best of luck on the pregnancy. Of course there are risks, but there's a much greater chance of a wonderful new beginning some time next Spring!:flower3:

Congratulations!!! I had my youngest child and only dd, one month before I turned 35. The pregnancy went great and she is fine. And I have enjoyed every moment of being an "older" mom (all of her friend's parents are 5-10 years younger than me).

Yay!!!!

I had my 1st just a few months before I turned 36. Very easy pregnancy and L&D. See my happy healthy baby below! :)

My OB said the genetic stuff isn't really a concern until over 40, they just offer the extra screening for 35-39 if the women want it.

Mid to late 30's really isn't that old, getting pregnant can be tougher but once you get that possitive test it's pretty much just like any other pregnancy.

My grandmother had my aunt at age 40, my aunt was perfectly healthy as a child and Grandma said having a child at that age helped keep her young at heart (Grandma was a serious person by nature and she would have 'grown old' before her time without my aunt around).

Congratulations! Lots of women are having their babies later in life. You are on the younger end of later. :) Anyway, they do fine and I think you'll be fine too. Enjoy your pregnancy. It seems to go slow while you are in the thick of things, but looking back you'll probably think it went by fast. I know I did.

Be kind to yourself. Don't worry about your age. Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy. Stay healthy and get rest. That's good for any pregnant woman at any age!

Congratulations!!! I had my 2nd child at age 34 1/2 and never thought a thing about it. You are not even close to being too old, so don't worry about the age issue. I did not have to have any special tests, either. I know someone who had 3 kids AFTER the age of 40. Just enjoy your pregnancy.

Congratulations!

My sister-in-law had her boys when she was 38 & 40, and they're both fine (12 & 10 now). :)

Congratulations!!!!!

I'm pregnant with an "oops" baby at 39 right now. :). I feel great...no issues and I'm almost 6 months.
If you have a concern about age-related issues, I highly recommend you look into the materni-t 21 (might be spelled wrong) test. It's a Brand new blood draw that I got at 13 Weeks (I think). It's an amazing new advance in early diagnostics!
It has an accuracy of about 98%, I believe (which is more accurate than an amnio). It tests for the 3 most common age-related chromosomal abnormalities.it doesn't test for neural tube defects like an amnio, though. It's not through FDA approval yet as a diagnostic test, so it's still considered a "screening", like the quad screen, although it actually looks at the baby's DNA in your blood, so it's a "yes" or "no" not a statistic like a screening.

**i promise I don't work for this company...I just am really fascinated by the science.

Have fun and take care!

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! My son was born when I was 41. I seriously think parenting was so much easier because I was older, calmer and more seasoned than really young parents. I had done my partying, had a great career going and there was no stress about parenting versus working or playing, kwim? Personally, I would recommend it. Have fun and relax and enjoy!!!

Congrats! I was newly turned 34 when I conceived ds and had a wonderful pregnancy. I wish the same for you!

I had bleeding at 7 weeks, spotting, and had an U/S...this was right as I was discovering I was pg. I decided to tell family, and gave them the info that things looked ok but that I was spotting. If I had miscarried, I would have been able to have the support of my family and not have to tell them I was pregnant THEN give them the news.

So you do what your heart tells you. :goodvibes

(Turns out the spotting was implantation bleeding which is VERY common!)

Congratulations! The risk of an early m/c is one in four, so that's why people wait until 12 weeks. I told a few close family members, but it's important to remind those you do tell NOT to tell anyone. I know a few people who had early m/c after spilling the beans, and it's much less fun getting that news out.

Haven't read all the posts - but congrats!

My husband was disappointed when I got pregnant our first month of trying at the ripe old age of 34 - gave birth at 35.5 years old. He wanted to 'practice' more, lol. It took twice as long for our second who was born when I just turned 38 (2 months).

Have a healthy pregnancy!

hvaen't read all the responses but CONGRATS!!

My Mom was 35 with my brother & 37 with me. I turned out fine we're still waiting on my brother :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter