Becky & Jason's Fairy Tale wedding 9/3/11 on Long Island - *complete*

Awww I agree! That is so sweet!! :)

Haha.. I think me and DF will do the rocking back and forth, and an occasional twirl... lol our song we chose usually tears me up, so I will probably be buried in his shoulder!

Do you guys have the same musical taste? I know the song we chose we both really enjoy the band- and the song is just sweet. Do you want it Disney related or just something about love and your relationship?

Also doesn't distance totally make you love DF and appreciate him even more? :goodvibes Me and DF have been together almost 7 years and two of those years were long distance, so it's rough- but if you make it work it works! :)

LOL... maybe your DF got the idea for your birthday dance lessons from seeing THIS! :dancer:

DF has very... unusual... musical tastes. The majority of music on his computer is video game soundtracks. And Pink Floyd. So basically it's up to me! :lmao: One of the songs on the list is "Can You Feel the Love Tonight," the Elton John version, which might be my favorite at this point.

Yeah, DF and I have been long distance for awhile... when we were in college at the same time for two years it was amazing to see him every day, but then during breaks and summers we'd be apart (3 hours apart). Plus I went abroad for a semester and that was the ultimate in long distance! But it absolutely makes me love and appreciate him more. Plus it helps that we try to see each other as much as possible, even when we're apart - he flew all the way to England to see me! :love:

And how did you guess? Those are the exact dance moves I want for our first dance! I'm just gonna bring a laptop to the dance studio, show them Mr. Creepo, and ask them to choreograph us something like that :rotfl2:

That is so sweet of DF to go to a dance class!!! At least yours is willing!!

I have a funny story about that... DF and I were at a bridal fair and DF thought it was awesome to enter like every drawing in the place. Well a dance studio was there and we got to talking to the people and they talked DF into entering the drawing. As we walk away DF says out of all the drawings we will end up winning that one because I don't want to win that one. And guess what????? You guessed it we won and now DF refuses to go. I mean seriously you are the one that entered.

So at least your DF is willing to go. I will be swaying back and forth but hey it will work.

Awww I agree! That is so sweet!! :)

Haha.. I think me and DF will do the rocking back and forth, and an occasional twirl... lol our song we chose usually tears me up, so I will probably be buried in his shoulder!

Do you guys have the same musical taste? I know the song we chose we both really enjoy the band- and the song is just sweet. Do you want it Disney related or just something about love and your relationship?

Also doesn't distance totally make you love DF and appreciate him even more? :goodvibes Me and DF have been together almost 7 years and two of those years were long distance, so it's rough- but if you make it work it works! :)

LOL... maybe your DF got the idea for your birthday dance lessons from seeing THIS! :dancer:

DF has very... unusual... musical tastes. The majority of music on his computer is video game soundtracks. And Pink Floyd. So basically it's up to me! :lmao: One of the songs on the list is "Can You Feel the Love Tonight," the Elton John version, which might be my favorite at this point.

Yeah, DF and I have been long distance for awhile... when we were in college at the same time for two years it was amazing to see him every day, but then during breaks and summers we'd be apart (3 hours apart). Plus I went abroad for a semester and that was the ultimate in long distance! But it absolutely makes me love and appreciate him more. Plus it helps that we try to see each other as much as possible, even when we're apart - he flew all the way to England to see me! :love:

And how did you guess? Those are the exact dance moves I want for our first dance! I'm just gonna bring a laptop to the dance studio, show them Mr. Creepo, and ask them to choreograph us something like that :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: Sounds like a good idea we should all do this at our weddings and compare videos, lol!!

Awww, I have loved reading your threads! Love all the pictures and the engagement story is soooo cute! :love:

I cant wait to hear more! :) xxx

hey Becky they have the buttons as a buy it now on ebay now, it's a pretty good price, it ends up being about $7.25 total when you get two and that's with shipping http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-World-Just-Married-Button-Cinderella-BEAUTIFUL-/270702385305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f071e9899#ht_2324wt_905

Just bought them! Haha but I am definitely not telling DF that these same buttons were available for free somewhere, he is already not thrilled about me spending so much money!

So first of all, I had a wonderful weekend with DF. We went out to lunch at the Melting Pot on Saturday, our absolute favorite place to eat! Plus it was "restaurant week" so it was discounted, because that place is expensive! It got me thinking how much I would like to have part of the Bachelorette party there, so hopefully I'll be able to suggest it to my MOH. DF and I also spent Friday night and Saturday night playing board games with friends, and my brother, who attends the same college. We are all huge board game geeks and now that I'm not at college anymore I don't get to play very often, so this was really fun :thumbsup2 We also got to watch Alice in Wonderland, so I'll be updating my Disney blog!

Flowers

I've been thinking a bit about flowers. I decided awhile ago that I want to try and make my own bouquets for myself and the bridesmaids (hopefully they'll be able to help me the night before!). Flowers are pretty but I've never been a huge flower person, and I just can't justify paying so much for a bunch of flowers that are going to die. I'm not going to have flowers anywhere else besides the bouquets and boutonnieres because I have another plan for centerpieces and we're using candles to decorate the church. So we're going to order the flowers wholesale and make our own bouquets and boutonnieres. I was a little worried that it would be difficult, but then I found a step by step video explaining how to make a bouquet, and it really doesn't seem very difficult! I'm going to get some fake flowers to practice with first though.

So I need to decide what type of flowers I'm going with. I know that I want blue and white, and I really really want to have blue roses (I'm a huge fan of the Tennessee Williams play The Glass Menagerie, so if you're familiar with that you'll get the blue roses reference). After doing some exploring these are the options I came up with:

Blue and White Roses:
flowers4.jpg

Blue roses with Baby's Breath:
flowers3.jpg

Blue Roses with White Hydrangeas (the opposite of what this picture shows):
flowers2.jpg

Blue roses with white Lilies:
flowers1.jpg

I'm not sure which to go with. I like the lilies and the all roses, but they all look nice. Just baby's breath might be a bit too plain. I'm also wondering if using all roses would make it easier to put together a bouquet... it might be easier to make it look good. What do you think?

Flowers are pretty but I've never been a huge flower person, and I just can't justify paying so much for a bunch of flowers that are going to die. I'm not going to have flowers anywhere else besides the bouquets and boutonnieres

Haha.. omg this is so me... :lmao: Maybe another reason I am not having bridesmaids? LOL.... Not to mention I love the most simple flower ever- Carnations! :)

I love the blue roses with white lilies! But I do agree, to have all the same flowers might be easier to piece together a bouquet? You could do white and blue roses, and then maybe a lily in the center? I love the contrast of blue and white together!! :)

And YAY for having a good weekend with DF and spending time with family and friends! I miss spending time with my Brother since I moved!

I am glad you and Df had a good weekend! It sounds like you had a lot of fun:thumbsup2. Your ideas look great and don't feel intimidated about making your own bouquets because they are going to look great :). I can't wait to see your mock up it's going to be great and that color combination is going to look magnificent :goodvibes we only used real flowers for the bm and groomsmen as well for the same reason you have lol. So much of wedding budgets are spent on floral it's crazy. I'd much rather have an awesome candy buffet in it's place:goodvibes

I am glad you and Df had a good weekend! It sounds like you had a lot of fun:thumbsup2. Your ideas look great and don't feel intimidated about making your own bouquets because they are going to look great :). I can't wait to see your mock up it's going to be great and that color combination is going to look magnificent :goodvibes we only used real flowers for the bm and groomsmen as well for the same reason you have lol. So much of wedding budgets are spent on floral it's crazy. I'd much rather have an awesome candy buffet in it's place:goodvibes

I know! I was trying to talk up the candy buffet to DF this weekend as well... At first he balked a little because his reaction was, "Something else we need to spend money on?" But I tried to convince him that we are saving so much money on flowers and the DJ we found that we could do it. Plus it's candy so I don't think it will be too hard to convince him :rotfl:

So the bad news is that I have some sort of nasty cold and didn't work today... probably won't work tomorrow either but we'll see. Luckily it doesn't seem like the flu or anything, just a really bad sore throat and a lot of aching body parts and tiredness. I'm thinking I'll take tomorrow to recover as well because it is awfully difficult be a substitute teacher with a sore throat! The good news is that it gives me more time to get stuff done, like homework for my grad classes and... updating my PJ! :woohoo:

Ceremony Music

For the ceremony we are having one of my good friends play harp for us. She plays weddings all of the time and is amazing, so yay :goodvibes I'm really excited about it, I think it's a romantic instrument, perfect for the ceremony, and DF and I both love the way that it sounds. My friend asked me to come up with a list of possible songs that we are considering, and sent us her list of suggestions. We need to pick a song for the Mother's Entrance, Bridesmaids' Processional, Bride's Processional, Lighting of the Unity Candle, and Recessional. We have some songs that we really like, we're just not sure which would go best where. Here are the songs are considering:

What a Wonderful World (Mother's Entrance)
Canon in D (Bridesmaids? Bride? Recessional?)
So This is Love (Bride? Unity Candle?)
Falling Slowly - from the movie Once (Bridesmaids? Unity candle?)
I'm also still considering the traditional Bridal March for when I go down the aisle.

I'm going to ask my friend for advice to see if she has an idea of what would be best where. She may also have other song suggestions for me! She has a CD of harp music I've been listening to on repeat, it's so beautiful :goodvibes

So the bad news is that I have some sort of nasty cold and didn't work today... probably won't work tomorrow either but we'll see. Luckily it doesn't seem like the flu or anything, just a really bad sore throat and a lot of aching body parts and tiredness. I'm thinking I'll take tomorrow to recover as well because it is awfully difficult be a substitute teacher with a sore throat! The good news is that it gives me more time to get stuff done, like homework for my grad classes and... updating my PJ! :woohoo:

Ceremony Music

For the ceremony we are having one of my good friends play harp for us. She plays weddings all of the time and is amazing, so yay :goodvibes I'm really excited about it, I think it's a romantic instrument, perfect for the ceremony, and DF and I both love the way that it sounds. My friend asked me to come up with a list of possible songs that we are considering, and sent us her list of suggestions. We need to pick a song for the Mother's Entrance, Bridesmaids' Processional, Bride's Processional, Lighting of the Unity Candle, and Recessional. We have some songs that we really like, we're just not sure which would go best where. Here are the songs are considering:

I'm also still considering the traditional Bridal March for when I go down the aisle.

I'm going to ask my friend for advice to see if she has an idea of what would be best where. She may also have other song suggestions for me! She has a CD of harp music I've been listening to on repeat, it's so beautiful :goodvibes

I would LOVE to have a harpist at ours! I saw one at one of the wedding shows we went to, but she is the only harpist in MB, and she is EXPENSIVE :scared1: JUST for the ceremony- so like... 4 songs? She wanted $500!! It was beautiful and she even knew all of my Disney songs, but I just can't justify that much money!! Considering we have our DJ for 4 hours for less than that!!

SO props to you for having a Harpist friend!!! :thumbsup2

I have always been partial to Canon D for my entrance. You do want to make sure you have a different song than you bridesmaids so you stand out for sure! :) Does your Harpist know any Disney songs?

I would LOVE to have a harpist at ours! I saw one at one of the wedding shows we went to, but she is the only harpist in MB, and she is EXPENSIVE :scared1: JUST for the ceremony- so like... 4 songs? She wanted $500!! It was beautiful and she even knew all of my Disney songs, but I just can't justify that much money!! Considering we have our DJ for 4 hours for less than that!!

SO props to you for having a Harpist friend!!! :thumbsup2

I have always been partial to Canon D for my entrance. You do want to make sure you have a different song than you bridesmaids so you stand out for sure! :) Does your Harpist know any Disney songs?

Yeah, that is expensive. My friend normally charges half of that but she charged me a small amount as part of her "friends and family" discount. And it sounds like you found a really good deal on a DJ! I thought I lucked out finding one for $500... of course, I am on Long Island, where everything concerning weddings is ridiculously expensive... most of the other DJs I looked at were over $1000!

I'm not sure if she knows any Disney songs (I just emailed and asked!), but she is definitely willing to learn any songs I might want. I think So This Is Love would sound beautiful on harp... I will see what else she thinks might work :goodvibes

Oh my, you have me swooning...I LOVE the harp. :lovestruc
That's so cool that you get to have one and that it's your friend that plays!

I know! I was trying to talk up the candy buffet to DF this weekend as well... At first he balked a little because his reaction was, "Something else we need to spend money on?" But I tried to convince him that we are saving so much money on flowers and the DJ we found that we could do it. Plus it's candy so I don't think it will be too hard to convince him :rotfl:

That's telling him girl:thumbsup2

Ceremony Music

OMG! You are using "Falling Slowly" :cutie: You know I love that one :goodvibes I love the harp that is going to be absolutely beautiful on your day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter