Becky and Jeff- 2/8/10 BW Croquet Lawn/LSS/UK Lochside- TR- Update 8/8 dessert party

I kind of stumbled on my dress last year. I was looking around online and trying to figure out what i wanted. I did the huge big poofy white dress for our wedding 10 years ago...and knew that i did not want the same thing this time. I had tried on a few dresses and was looking an simple plain white sheath dresses. Went to David's and the associate made me try on this lacy trumpet thing that was on the manniquin. I told her i didn't like it, but she said it looks better in person. So i tried it on, and bought it!! I LOVE my dress!! It's so perfect for the beach wedding. You just have to go in with an open mind and try on lots of dresses until you find a style you like, then find a dress in that style!

GOOD LUCK!

Also, a great tip I learned is to look at BM dresses too... sometimes you can order it in white or ivory (or green :) ) as well and save a bundle!

Cake Server​

My package came from ebay!

DSC_8924.jpg

DSC_8925.jpg

DSC_8926.jpg

DSC_8927.jpg

The knives are in great shape, authentic baklelight handles :lovestruc
I'm not sure if I will use the server as it isn't angled like most are these days. But the knife is one big mean knife :smooth:

I may spruce them up a bit, and add some green and blue and maybe a charm or something, but I kinda like them the way they are, there is a great detail on the handle of the big knife. Overall I think they make a great art deco touch!

These are awesome!
JMO I'd leave them the way they are. I think the color and grain of the finish gives them character

Thanks ladies! I think I will leave them as is :thumbsup2
I just sent an e-mail to my mom asking about her cake set because she told me she still has it, I may borrow her server if it seams more functional than the one I got.

So I just heard back from Cathy. I had asked a few questions and she gave me a lot of good answers.

She's has me down for Deck 7, so as long as the weather is good :flower: we are all set.

Also after seeing a photo Tanya posted that Cathy sent her I got to wondering about cakes. The photo had a kind of polka dot cake in it. I did a really quick search for 'green dot cake' and found this:

0705_green_dot_couple.jpg

and sent it to Cathy. she is forwarding it to the pastry chef to see what they can do ::fingers crossed:: It comes up on a company's buttercreme gallery, so it's not a fondant cake. I just want dots gosh darn it, and some green, and no icing flowers!
now I just need to find a cake topper I like. I keep coming up empty. I don't really know what I want.
I however am not too fond of the cartoonish couple on top of the cake pictured above. I don't think I want a bride and groom :confused3

Ohhh, this is all so exciting! Your wedding is coming together quick huh! It will be here before you know it... and in the meantime you have your cruise coming up right!

I love the cake, so pretty, an since it is buttercream you will be able to eat all of it, not like the fondant cakes where you just use the fondant for show... kind of a waste if you ask me, but I guess hundreds or thousands of dollars on sugar flour and water is kind of a awaste as well :rotfl2: . The green and the dots are very nice and fun, perfect for your theme!

Oh and I agree, leave the cake set the way it is, I love the grain handles, they look great :thumbsup2

I love that cake!! It's so cute! But I agree, nix the people on top!

It's funny - I now associate you with green! I wore a green shirt and green Converse All Stars today and I thought of you! :thumbsup2 But people on this board associate me with snow - so it was only a matter of time until I did it to another bride! :goodvibes

Thanks!
I do have a cruise coming up! less then 2 days!!!

So for our last 2 cruises I've made us some fun magnets for our doors

Let me scrounge up our old ones.........

door-magnetjeff.gif

doormagnet1copy.jpg

And here is one I just made for this cruise:

cruisemagnet.jpg

Love them! I am so excited to hear about your cruise, I have never been and I do want to, but I have a slight fear of boats.... hmmm I guess I better work on that lol!

I like the cake. It's cute and totally seems like you.

By the way, you didn't happen to be at pei wei tonight did you!? In a GREEN tank top?

I love the polkadots!!!! I too am torn about a cake topper - I thought I had it all figured out. Now that I know we have to cut the cake on board I am wondering if we should change.

I found this website with lots of dot cakes. Most of them I fear are too complicated for the DCL pastry chefs - but it might give you some ideas as far as toppers go. Sorry its a really really loooooong link.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...art+deco+wedding+cake+toppers&hl=en&sa=N&um=1

I was watching the food network today and there was a disneyland ride cake challenge. I saw a really really cool pirate cake that was taken from a statue that was the size of a cake topper. If it were me I would want something sort of disney to be part of the cake even if it isn't mickey and minnie related or even part of the cake topper. Could they make a couple of your dots hidden mickeys??? Could you ask someone at disney a ways in advance to create a cake topper for you out of like not modelling clay but I feel like there is something edible that is similar. I think it would be really cool if they could do some characters or the boat or something and make it in colors to match the green icing on the cake.

Keep us posted.

OMG I totally was! :lmao: In my defense the green tank top I bought at the Wilderness Lodge the night we got engaged lol I was totally scanning the crowd for the other Stacey and Wayne. Where were you? Jeff's family had just gotten into town. If you'd come to say hi then you totally would have gotten my leftovers as I can't eat them before the cruise tomorrow lol

I knew I should of asked if it was you! I was standing at the register for a while, in a pink shirt. You looked right at me at one point, and I was afraid you were wondering why I kept looking at you! I told my mom "I think that is one of the girls from the boards, and she is wearing a green top and she loves green. She's getting married on the DCL" My mom just thought I was crazy and my dad didn't believe me either!

Have fun on your cruise!!!!:boat:

I'm so jealous. My mom and I are cruise addicts and we haven't been on one in a year, we have been looking for a cheap one for over spring break! Eat something good for me!

have a great time on your cruise! Good luck with the cake!! Let us know what Cathy says!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter