Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

Wow!! It sounds like you do need a degree to help get her freshened up!!! Whoa!

I hope all of that helps...sounds like it should!

And glad she is back to her old self some! :) "I am the boss of mum and dad" is hilarious! She gets it, doesn't she! :)

So glad to hear things are going well, except for the sore bottom:guilty: The air bed sounds nice!!! Glad to hear that she's talking alot.

still praying!

I hope they are able to get that CT today (or have already gotten it!) and that it shows no more swelling so she can get that brain drain out! :)

Just wanted you guys to know that I am still praying for you guys. Think of you guys often! :)

The brain shunt is coming out today!!!!:upsidedow

She had a CT early this morning, all her ventricles look fine, the abscess has shrunk just a tiny bit more, still big but shrinking all the while.
The Neuro surgeon wanted to take the Heparin away for the pull, it only needs an hour to get out of her system but he is waiting 4 hours to be on the safe side, it will be withheld for an additional hour after the pull too.

No more brain drain soon.......cant wait!!!

She has two IV's in her left arm, one for antibiotics and one for drawing the labs that they need every 4 hours. The blood one flushes but wont pull so no more blood out of that one. The antibiotic one has lost its vein and all the meds were going into her arm so that IV has had to be pulled. They are now using the blood/labs pull one to administer the meds.

I don't know how they are going to get the 4 hourly blood pulls long term as they are not allowed to use her left arm for any sticks or IV's and she is running out of room on her left arm, she has needle tracks going up this one vein, it looks so bad.

Outside Butt is ok now, just inside her butt is still cramping or something so she is in some pain with that.

PT are still trying to fit her for a chair, they finally got her into a good position in it today, no skootching down, sat straight. The good position revealed that the back on the chair is way too low and consequently so is the head rest. The PT person is going to search out a bigger chair for tomorrow.

Speech is coming along brilliantly. We don't know where she is as far as mouth control. The speech therapist is going to try her with some yogurt in the morning, if that goes well she can then have a swallow test done to see what kind of foods she will be able to manage.

Thats it for now, just waiting for them to come soon to pull out the shunt.

Love
Mandy

Woo Hoo!!!

No more brain drain!!!

:woohoo: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana: :yay: :cheer2:

I am so excited for her!! :)

We will keep on praying!! :) Thank you so much for the update! :)

Hooray! I'm so excited to hear about Becca's progress. I've been following along on schtabs.com

The brain drain is out!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

A few tears and yells when they stitched the hole up, but it is finally out :)

thank You, Lord. Seriously. Thank You!

We are still praying! I am so excited it is out!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Wonderful! What great news. I am so glad to hear of Becca's progress. I have been following on the schtabs site. Still praying.

I don't know how they are going to get the 4 hourly blood pulls long term as they are not allowed to use her left arm for any sticks or IV's and she is running out of room on her left arm, she has needle tracks going up this one vein, it looks so bad.

Maybe her foot? When my DS was in ICU they finally went to his foot or ankle for an IV.

The brain drain is out!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

woohoo! woohoo!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter