Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

We have the dvd on playing things almost all of the time......She isnt watching it most of the time but she is obviously listening because she just Giggled!!!!!!!

We have the dvd on playing things almost all of the time......She isnt watching it most of the time but she is obviously listening because she just Giggled!!!!!!!

Mandy, I can't even TELL you how happy that makes me to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :dance3: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :hippie:

I just told my husband and he told me that he is looking forward to telling everyone at his work this!!! He has been keeping them all updated on Becca's progress!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: She giggled! That sounds like a great sign to me! I am so happy for you guys!

a giggle is a wonderful sign!!!:rotfl:

oh I'm just so glad! Father Mike continually asks about Becca and he will be thrilled to hear news of the giggle!

keep it up Becca!!!:cool1:

What a wonderful update:goodvibes

Giggling is great!!! :banana:

Your family remains in my prayers.

Oh, I am so happy for you! Becca will continue to be in my prayers. There are many more giggles to come for you, I am sure.:goodvibes

Wow, I haven't been on-line in a couple of days and what changes!

That is great that she is giggling to the DVD now. :banana:

The latest update from David:
BECCA UPDATE​

Day 15- Giggle

When we got in to see Bic first thing, she was resting quietly and her oxygens were a respectful 77 percent. The nurse said that they didn't have any problems with her during the night and they didn't have to resort to restraining her.

The neuro surgeon stopped by this morning and said that he was really pleased with Bics progress and raised her drain apperatus to 15 cm - so we are getting very close to the magic 20 cm where they will be thinking about removing the drain.

Bic also received another visit from the speech therapist and the therapy dog (black dog is the breed if you are interested). Bic was much more responsive this morning answering questions with a nod or shake of her head. She even formed a few words with her mouth, though I think she was surprised when there was no sound - only whisps of air. She was asked if she would like Ainsley to lie on the bed with her. She said that she would. She put one arm round him and the other under and didn't want him to go.

Later she was asked if she would like to watch a video to which she said yes. She watched it for a short while, then turned away and listened. The suddenly made a noise and Mandy thought she was coughing. Then she did it again and she realized that she was giggling at the movie.

The morning was very tiring for Bic and she was ready for a rest. She slept for much of the afternoon. Later on there was a repeat of yesterday afternoons lower oxygens and a high temperature. They were less pronounced than yesterday, though and her oxygens were only going down to the mid 60's compared with the 50's yesterday.

This evening Bic watched a bit of Wallace and Gromit and had a little giggle for me. It was so nice to hear an emotion from her.

She didn't watch it for long before she turned over and closed her eyes. We are not sure if she is sad because she kept weeping intermittently. We think her emotions are beginning to surface.

Bic hasn't had any pain medication since yesterday evening (oxycoden) and has been doing well on the methadone and neurontin. We don't think she had any Ativan last night.

We think it is the neurontin that is causing the temperature rise and falling oxygen sats simply because they seem to happen after the drug has been given.

This has been Bics best day so far, but it illustrates how far she has got to go before she can leave the hospital.

Bic is now residing at 3TS room 12 (3 tower south).

--------------------------
David​

I'm so happy to hear that she is giggling even more!!!

I know she's got a ways to go, but every step forward is so wonderful to hear!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter