Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

Yeah...

I am so, so thankful that they found the source of her leg pain! That makes total sense!!!! :)

I do hope that she is getting more on the road to communicating with you guys.

I have been wondering how Mandy is doing. We are praying for all of you.

I will have something special for Becca when I get back from Disney. 2.5 days of my trip will be alone...so I have some missions to accomplish and one is to get some characters to sign a get well card for her to hang in her room. I have the list of her fav characters from The Big Give info we had before. I hope it brightens her day!!

And I have something for you guys, too!

We are still praying!!!!!!!

:) Maroo

I'm so impressed with the way you are coordinating all the assorted treatments Becca is having! That is absolutely the best way to make sure things are being done right.
Your family continues to be in my thoughts.:grouphug:

Gotta say, I *love* your DD's name ;)

Since she's at risk for blood clots, do they have her on a blood thinner? Just curious.

I'm so happy you all got a Wish! I know she'll have a blast, and I'm sure she'll make lots of friends!

It sounds like you and Mandy are doing a masterful job of working with the hospital team, coordinating all their efforts and advocating for Becca. It can't be easy, and I know that it's exhausting.

I pray that Becca's pain becomes more manageable, and that she continues to improve her communication with you.

May God give all of you strength.

Alison

I am so glad to hear Becca got a new bed and room! Let's hope that the new meds and coordination of all her caregivers will help give her some relief from the pain and keep her on the road to recovery. Continuing to send good thoughts and prayers your way.

Teresa - thanks for posting the updates. :) I might not post every day but I check first thing every morning for an update on Becca's condition.

Continued prayers for strength for David and Mandy and healing for our precious girl!

i pray and hope that becca starts to feel a little better soon. i cant even begin to imagine how hard it is for you guys. you are all in my prayers

We are still praying for you guys!!!

:)

I hope Becca has a much better day today! And each day gets better!! :)

Great job on getting her the new bed, and the room with a view!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I'm hoping to hear the new meds are working wonders and she is resting comfortably. She is such a fighter! Praying non-stop for a happy and healthy Becca!

It's so good to hear she is improving. More prayers coming your way. Hope she continues to improve and I hope you guys are keeping strong.

I just starting following this thread but I want you to know that Becca and your family are in my daily thoughts and prayers! Becca is a strong little girl and she will get through this. :hug:

Still praying for you all. Glad to hear about the bed and the room with a view. Hoping she gets some relief in her legs with the new meds.

Hi All!
Mandy here.

I finally have 5 minutes to come online and write a message.

First of all......THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the cards and gifts you have showered on Becca, myself and David, you will never know just how much it means to us because we would never be able to find the words to express our gratitude. Thank you all so much.

The room, floor and ward..... first impressions aside, the new room is good but best of all our nurse is fantastic!! Her name is Robin and we couldnt ask for anyone better. The night staff are obviously not quite as good as they are spread very thinly but they do their best and are always there when Becca needs them.

Bic has been very tired today, I think that the new meds from yesterday are having their effect on her, she is no longer thrashing about like yesterday, she seems instead to be a little bit out of it and sleeping all of the time. The doctors are aware of it though and are keeping their fingers on the pulse so as to say and will fine tune her meds as needed. I am just glad that she is again getting the rest that she needs because again she has hardly had any proper rest since the day before yesterday.
She had a PICC line placed today. They did it early because all her IV sites are now failing and she has to have one anyway so we can administer antibiotics at home.They let me stay in intraventional radiology to watch the catheter go through to her heart, it was neat :)
I suppose I shouldnt say that, but it was :)

Therapy brought their therapy dog in today, had him put his front paws onto the bed so that Becca could stroke him :) They asked her if it was okay first and she gave a thumbs up, when he got his head within reach she was stroking him and fondling his ears, you could tell she really liked it. That was about the only thing she did today, no-one else could get anything else out of her, she just couldnt be bothered and ignored everyone :) :) The dogs name is Ainsley, a black lab/border collie cross and he is sweet.

Oh well, doesnt 10 minutes of freedom just fly by??? Mandy has to go back to the grindstone.......Just kidding, I wanna go get a cup of coffee whilst Bic is still in sleepy-byes land :)

Hopefully I will be able to get online more in the coming days, I have missed you all.

I havent written a full update here, there will be more when David sends his daily report but I am sure you wont mind some repeats :)

BTW.......Can you believe that David writes all of his updates on his little BlackBerry??? His thumbs just fly all over the keyboard.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Love
Mandy

Thanks for the info Mandy. We're all thinking about you and are so excited to get an update from David!! Have yout hought about a caringbridge site? Just a thought.

We can't wait to hear more good news about Becca's progress!! Hugs to you and David!

Therapy brought their therapy dog in today, had him put his front paws onto the bed so that Becca could stroke him :) They asked her if it was okay first and she gave a thumbs up, when he got his head within reach she was stroking him and fondling his ears, you could tell she really liked it. That was about the only thing she did today, no-one else could get anything else out of her, she just couldnt be bothered and ignored everyone :) :) The dogs name is Ainsley, a black lab/border collie cross and he is sweet.

BTW.......Can you believe that David writes all of his updates on his little BlackBerry??? His thumbs just fly all over the keyboard.
Love
Mandy

So cool about the dog!!! It must have been so nice to see Becca enjoying it so much!!!!

And, I have been VERY impressed with David's thumbtyping skills! I am always amazed when I get his updates!!!

It is SOOOO nice to hear from you! :hug:

Hi Mandy!

It is great to hear from you! I am so glad to hear how well Becca responded to the dog therapy. It is amazing how much our furry friends can lift spirits. I am also very impressed with David's blackberry skills. As for the cards and gifts, I think we are all just thrilled to be able to do a tiny bit to help your precious family.

Still sending thoughts and prayers your way!
Jen

Hi All!
Mandy here.

I finally have 5 minutes to come online and write a message.

First of all......THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the cards and gifts you have showered on Becca, myself and David, you will never know just how much it means to us because we would never be able to find the words to express our gratitude. Thank you all so much.

The room, floor and ward..... first impressions aside, the new room is good but best of all our nurse is fantastic!! Her name is Robin and we couldnt ask for anyone better. The night staff are obviously not quite as good as they are spread very thinly but they do their best and are always there when Becca needs them.

Bic has been very tired today, I think that the new meds from yesterday are having their effect on her, she is no longer thrashing about like yesterday, she seems instead to be a little bit out of it and sleeping all of the time. The doctors are aware of it though and are keeping their fingers on the pulse so as to say and will fine tune her meds as needed. I am just glad that she is again getting the rest that she needs because again she has hardly had any proper rest since the day before yesterday.
She had a PICC line placed today. They did it early because all her IV sites are now failing and she has to have one anyway so we can administer antibiotics at home.They let me stay in intraventional radiology to watch the catheter go through to her heart, it was neat :)
I suppose I shouldnt say that, but it was :)

Oh well, doesnt 10 minutes of freedom just fly by??? Mandy has to go back to the grindstone.......Just kidding, I wanna go get a cup of coffee whilst Bic is still in sleepy-byes land :)

Hopefully I will be able to get online more in the coming days, I have missed you all.

I havent written a full update here, there will be more when David sends his daily report but I am sure you wont mind some repeats :)

Love
Mandy

Thank you for updating! The part about the dog was just amazing and it has me in tears. It is so wonderful for the dog to come and lift her spirits. Were you able to get a picture?

Hang in there, we'll keep praying and thank you for keeping us informed.
:grouphug:

I love hearing about the dog! My nephew's dog is a trained therapy dog (she is a golden retriever) and I know it is a lot of work for their family, but it is nice to hear about a dog making a difference in someone's day. I can't believe David does all those updates on his blackberry! I can't even text without major trauma! I think about and pray for your family every day! When we were in Disneyworld last week I just kept thinking about Becca. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter