Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

I was really praying hard for good news today. Thank you for that wonderful update. I will pray that it will just keep on getting better and better. My mom is praying for her too. God bless you and your family.

Oh I am so happy to hear this update. I hope Becca continues to recover quickly! What a fighter she is. Praying that she is out of the PICU as soon as possible.

I Becca will probably start doing other things like scratching an itch... that's the next step... that's when you know she is aware. I know that will happen...I just know it. Becca is a strong girl just like my Asia and I am so happy that they actually met each other.

What an amazing story, thank you so much for sharing that with us. :hug:

Thank you for the update. It's good to hear she is improving. My prayers are still with your family.:grouphug:

I'm so glad to hear of this progress! You can do it, Becca! Still praying for you all!

I am so happy to hear that Becca seems to be improving! We will continue to send good thoughts and prayers your way!

I'm thrilled to hear that Becca is improving!! I got goosebumps reading the last update!! Everyone is praying so hard for her and all of you.

Go BECCA!!!:cheer2: YOU CAN DO IT!!!:cheer2:

BECCA UPDATE
From David:

Day 8- Relaxed

Bic received a massage today lasting 30 minutes. She appeared to enjoy this with hardly any change in her oxygen sats. She even had some physical therapy.

The nurse reported that she had a 'conversation' with Bic at one point when she was awake. She asked questions and got head shakes and nods in reply. The nurse was so excited at the progress and couldn't wait to tell Mandy the news.

This morning, she was almost going all the way to the time that she could have more sedatives (4 hours), but by this afternoon, she was going over 11 hours. Her dose has been cut from the initial 2 ml (?) To. 1.5.

Another highlight for the day is that her nasal canula was turned off and her oxygen mask has been cut from 100 to 50 percent oxygen. Her oxygens have kept where we want them, mainly in the 70's and sometimes in the 80's. She has only desaturated a couple of times today and then only down into the 60's, so she is doing well on the medicines she is now getting.

Thank you SOOOOO much for the update. Happy tears this morning! Sounds like the old Becca is on her way back! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I don't know what I am most excited about...the O2 sats I have been praying for for days...or the conversation she had with the nurse...or that her left side is responding?!

I am so excited!

Thank you for the awesome news!

Praise God! So many good things happening for Becca! I know He is answering our prayers, and expect to see steady progress for her.:grouphug:

Thank you SOOOOO much for the update. Happy tears this morning! Sounds like the old Becca is on her way back! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I don't know what I am most excited about...the O2 sats I have been praying for for days...or the conversation she had with the nurse...or that her left side is responding?!

I am so excited!

Thank you for the awesome news!

Crying happy tears here :lovestruc
keep it up Becca

BECCA UPDATE

Day 9- Cry

Today has been fairly quiet. Bic (Becca) has been stable, despite not having her sedative all day since her last dose yesterday at 11pm. That's not to say that she has been happy, because she hasn't.

The pain killer has been giving Bic about 2 hours of rest and for the remaining 2 hours, she has been agitated. Her oxygen sats have stayed mainly good thoughout and they have even removed the nasal canular, leaving here with a tent mask on 50 percent oxygen. During her restless moments, her head has been to and froe and she had been pulling the mask from her face.

This evening, the nurse finally gave in and let Bic have 1.5 mg of sedative. That knocked her out within minutes probably for the whole night.

During the day, the nurse decided to. Clean Bic's mouth and brush her teeth. It was then that she gave out a big cry because she wasn't happy. Another nurse came running in thinking there was a problem as she has not been so vocal since she came to PICU.

Bic is now looking at us and has been for a few days, but there is no expression of recognition. When we talk to her she often turns away as if to say she isn't interested unless we can do something to make things better right now.

Physical therapy were round this morning and Bic was okay with that - she didn't put up a struggle.

We are expecting more of the same tomorrow and the way things are going, she should be moving to a regular ward on Monday.

Today has been fairly quiet. Bic has been stable, despite not having her sedative all day since her last dose yesterday at 11pm. That's not to say that she has been happy, because she hasn't.

The pain killer has been giving Bic about 2 hours of rest and for the remaining 2 hours, she has been agitated. Her oxygen sats have stayed mainly good thoughout and they have even removed the nasal canular, leaving here with a tent mask on 50 percent oxygen. During her restless moments, her head has been to and froe and she had been pulling the mask from her face.

This evening, the nurse finally gave in and let Bic have 1.5 mg of sedative. That knocked her out within minutes probably for the whole night.

During the day, the nurse decided to. Clean Bic's mouth and brush her teeth. It was then that she gave out a big cry because she wasn't happy. Another nurse came running in thinking there was a problem as she has not been so vocal since she came to PICU.

Bic is now looking at us and has been for a few days, but there is no expression of recognition. When we talk to her she often turns away as if to say she isn't interested unless we can do something to make things better right now.

Physical therapy were round this morning and Bic was okay with that - she didn't put up a struggle.

We are expecting more of the same tomorrow and the way things are going, she should be moving to a regular ward on Monday.

One final word, I think she is constipated again and I'm sure that is contributing to her restlessness when she comes round from her drug induced sleeps.

--------------------------
David

Hugs.. I have been praying for Becca. Nick has been ill so not posting a whole lot, but Becca is still close to our hearts and thoughts.

Aw... Poor Becca! Now I gotta start praying those nurses will give her what it takes to make that sweet baby comfortable! And this has to be awful for Mandy and David!

We are still praying for you guys!! Hang in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter