Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

We are all just praying so hard for Becca, I just called Jeff at work to read him your latest update. Give Becca's hand a squeeze for us. Hugs.

Praying for strength for you and your DH and healing for your Becca. I am praying that her bright smile will return soon. I really loved the pictures of her with her gifts. She has such a warm spirit it just glows out of her through her smile! I am glad to hear that they are helping her with her pain.
:grouphug:

Quick update.

Things are holding steady.
We have not been with Becca that much today. After seeing how much our presence seemed to aggravate her this morning we have been visiting her aproximately for an hour every 3 hours.
She has been prescribed Morphine for her pain and so was much more settled at the times we saw her. We kept visiting more for us than for her, it was nice to see her sleeping and not in obvious pain.
I dont think much else will happen medically over the weekend, they are testing her bloods,urine and brain drainage all of the time to make sure nothing changes for the worse, she is still the same as before in status only now she isnt in as much pain.
We are in for the long haul here but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later that we see light at the end of the tunnel. This is horrible, it is horrible seeing your child do things that you have never ever seen them do before, writhing and arching and grunting......No words, no smile, no recognition.

Thanks all for your much needed prayers, till tomorrow......we are going to settle down for the night.

Love
Mandy and David.

Prayers. Give her our love.

I pray that God will make Becca every wit whole, mind, body, soul and spirit, in the name of Jesus, the Great Physician.

Lord, You are such a good God. And we know that You give good gifts to your children.

Lord, we just ask that you will be with Becca tonight. Specifically that she would not be in much pain. That she would rest peacefully. Lord, I pray that the antibiotics will do their job in getting rid of all infection! And I pray that she would rebound quickly...with lots of strength and flash that Becca smile that we all have come to love.

Lord, I also pray for Becca's Mom and Dad. How difficult this has been for them. Lord, I pray that they would be able to get a very good nights sleep. I pray that they would sense Your Presence. I pray You would give them peace.

Lord, this is such a hard situation. I am so thankful that they started prescribing pain medicine for Becca. That will make everything better!

We love you. In Your Son's Precious Name - Amen

I just felt like I should really be specific tonight. We love you guys. And we are praying...persistently.

Mandy, David, Becca, my entire family is praying for you guys! I am so glad they were able to give her more pain meds. I hope that helps you all get through this. Seeing your baby in such pain must be almost unbearable. We are all here for you, praying our hearts out fot you guys. Thank you for your continued updates. I know it can't be easy for you to do, we appreciate it so much though. :grouphug: I hope you all get some rest tonight.

I wish I could offer words of comfort. I will be praying for you and your husband and Becca.

Father in heaven, We commend Becca into your loving care. Relieve her pain, guard her from all danger, and restore her. Please watch over her parents and give them strength. In Jesus name. Amen.

Thank you all so much for your continued support.
It means a lot to us. Being 90 miles away from home is hard, our main source of support at home is our adopted family her in the US, Becca's adopted Grandma and Grandpa. They are getting on in years and so we are holding off on them visiting until Becca is a tiny bit more stablized, it would upset them both greatly to see Becca like she is. So.......the support pouring out on these boards and in emails from our family in England we are taking great support.

Becca is around the same today. They are keeping her doped up on pain meds. Luckily she goes well beyond her prescribed time for the meds, she is allowed them every 2 hours but tends to go about 3.5 to 4 hours before needing more.
They are taking her catheter out today and her arterial line. They are trying to eliminate areas where infection could get into her body and the arterial line and the catheter are 2 lines that she doesnt need so desperately at the moment.
They are going to put a tube down into her duodenum today to feed her. They dont want to put it into her stomach for fear of her vomiting and aspirating into her lungs, but they feel that she has gone too long without food and so they have to put the feed line in. When the line goes in she with probably have to have a nurses assistant at her bedside all of the time to make sure she doesnt pull it out. She does have someone there for most of the time but if there is a tube in she has to have someone there every minute.
Even though she is not really there she is still being very stubborn. Everytime she comes around just the tiniest bit she is trying to pull the nasal canulla giving her oxygen away, whoa betide they put a mask on, she gets really mad then! Once the morphine goes in she settles and no longer tries to pull things out but you can see their quandary with her feeding tube and the risk of her pulling that out. Food in her lungs is one more big complication we dont need.

They grew a culture on the bacteria that came out of the abcess, it was strep and so they will try and put a regime of antibiotics to those cultures to see which set of antibiotics will fight it best. When they find this out they will be able to narrow the range of antibiotics they are giving her. At the moment she is on a really broad range. She still has a risk of Ventrical meningitis and so this stage is critical.
Becca still has the drain in her brain. I would say it is very productive, she is draining more blood and liquid now than she was doing in the hours immediately after the surgery. We do not know what this means, we wont really know until she goes for another CT scan either tomorrow or the next day.
Things are holding steady, no better but no worse.

I will update more as we find out.

Love
Mandy and David

Mandy, I'm so sorry you guys are alone physically out there, but know that we are all there with you in spirit. We love you very much and are praying for you constantly! I hope they can keep Becca's pain under control and get rid of the infection. The day we see that wonerful Becca smile again will be a day of celebration! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: You are all loved very much Mandy!!! :grouphug:

Mandy,

We are praying for you guys!! Thank you for the updates. It helps so much in knowing specific things to pray. I am checking back constantly. I am writing from my iPhone. I am persistently praying.

I am so thankful they have her pain under control. And I am glad she is being a little fiesty! A good sign, I think.

We are here for you and your situation is being shared with many others you can't see. Just know we care. And are here for you. And we will keep the encouragement coming!!

Mandy, prayers are being said for Becca all over this country!

Mary is right, it helps to know specifics to pray for. Our God is an awesome God and knows her needs, but rather than a general "heal Becca" we can ask for specifics and then praise Him when we see them happen :)

Davis Park Church of Christ in Modesto, California will be praying today for Becca's healing and for David's and your peace!

I'm so sorry to hear that things have not gotten better, but glad to see they are not worse. We all think about you all day and are all wishing Becca is better soon.

Mandy, I am praying for Becca, you and your family. Is there anything you need? I am only a few hours away so if you need ANYTHING at all please do not hesitate to ask.

Becky

we are all certainly still praying for your beautiful little girl, and we all appreciate the updates.
it means so much to me because even though we read about you guys on the computer i feel like we know you guys. so here is a virtual hug:grouphug: and many many prayers

footprints200620-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter