Because nobody understands how great this is...

jpwest

Disney Dad #825
I just have to share with this community because you'll appreciate how I feel.

With free dining in place, I had a great deal of stress about getting reservations locked down. And my family has high expectations for my trip-planning responsibilities. I hit my 180-day mark on Sunday, set a 5am alarm, and went to the ADR site.

Arrival day, going to MK for MVMCP - the only availability was two VERY early dinner time slots at Liberty Tree and Tony's Town Square. Oh well, we can do QS that day and spend more time at the party. Still, a little concerning.

Really want to see Illuminations from La Hacienda... 7:30 on our second night? Yes, please!
We love Ohana, better check a few days later.... 5:00 on the last night? Perfect.
Chef Mickey would be really fun on departure day... 7:00am will work!
Jungle Cruise restaurant looks to be fully booked, no surprise there.
How about dinner at Liberty Tree one of the nights, with Thanksgiving coming up? 6:05, book it!
And finally, how about lunches at Sci-Fi and Be Our Guest? Pretty sure I know which days we'll be at those parks... Done and done!

When all was said and done, I got everything I wanted and a couple of things I hadn't planned on. We'll have to schedule our touring plans accordingly, and will need to exercise some restraint so we don't gain 50 pounds, but I couldn't be happier with my ADRs.

Thanks for letting me share!

I just have to share with this community because you'll appreciate how I feel.

With free dining in place, I had a great deal of stress about getting reservations locked down. And my family has high expectations for my trip-planning responsibilities. I hit my 180-day mark on Sunday, set a 5am alarm, and went to the ADR site.

Arrival day, going to MK for MVMCP - the only availability was two VERY early dinner time slots at Liberty Tree and Tony's Town Square. Oh well, we can do QS that day and spend more time at the party. Still, a little concerning.

Really want to see Illuminations from La Hacienda... 7:30 on our second night? Yes, please!
We love Ohana, better check a few days later.... 5:00 on the last night? Perfect.
Chef Mickey would be really fun on departure day... 7:00am will work!
Jungle Cruise restaurant looks to be fully booked, no surprise there.
How about dinner at Liberty Tree one of the nights, with Thanksgiving coming up? 6:05, book it!
And finally, how about lunches at Sci-Fi and Be Our Guest? Pretty sure I know which days we'll be at those parks... Done and done!

When all was said and done, I got everything I wanted and a couple of things I hadn't planned on. We'll have to schedule our touring plans accordingly, and will need to exercise some restraint so we don't gain 50 pounds, but I couldn't be happier with my ADRs.

Thanks for letting me share!

For a party night just know that it seems they don't release the later reservations right away. At least that is what happened with the Halloween parties.

Skippers Canteen (the Jungle Cruise restaurant) only takes same day reservations so treat it as a QS in your planning and just be on your phone in the morning to book a reservation for later that day.

Sounds like a great plan. Enjoy!

For our party meal, we had a very late, large lunch then snacked out way through the party.

Sounds like a great plan. Enjoy!

For our party meal, we had a very late, large lunch then snacked out way through the party.

And this will work beautifully. We will get through the airport and get to the Contemporary in the early afternoon, and will be starving. We'll fuel up at Contempo Cafe and hit the park.

And this will work beautifully. We will get through the airport and get to the Contemporary in the early afternoon, and will be starving. We'll fuel up at Contempo Cafe and hit the park.

Congrats on your reservations. As a fellow Disney Dad responsible for planning, I understand the pressure. Also, congrats on your positive attitude. You got Ohana, CM and BOG late in your trip - but you got them! Many people end up with similar results and complain that they couldn't get anything they wanted until the last couple days of the trip. The new reality is that the prime TS reservations are 180+6/7. Live with it or complain about it I guess.

Out of curiosity what time do you land at MCO? We will be attending a party on our arrival night in November and I'm still trying to figure out if I've allotted enough time to get to MK around 4pm (we land at 1:04pm).

Yay! I always feel like I accomplished something big when my ADRs are made, and I can just anticipate how much my family will enjoy the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter