Beauty & The Beast show at DHS going bye bye

I looove Indiana Jones and hate dinosaur, but I'm still pretty sure they're the same ride, so I don't think that could happen

I had the same exact thoughts. Dinosaur probably won't be going away anytime soon, but it sure would make me happy to trade it for Indy over at DHS somehow. I like the stunt show, but it's tired and time for a change.

Pretty simple for Disney if they wanted Universal to really drop all the Marvel characters.

Change all the Major character's names and trademarks to have the word Disney, and have all the logos and trademarks contain Disney's logo.

Then force Universal to comply to the new trademarks, when they refuse, the contract is gone.

Disney's Marvel
Disney's Spiderman
Disney's Avengers
Disney's Iron Man

Once the contract is gone, change all the trade marks back to how they were previously.

Done, clean and simple.

I hope Beauty and the Beast is replaced with another stage show.

And in the process, Disney will have also successfully killed a majority of Marvel's goodwill, legacy, and fandom that has enabled the brand and characters to last so many decades.

Could you see the comments having dialog like

"Disney's Spiderman! Look out! Disney's Doc Oc is once again attacking the city! You must save us!"

"What's this? Disney's Mary Jane in trouble? I must go and see her."

"Disney's Peter Parker! Get me those Pictures!" "Sure thing Disney's Mr. Jameson!"

They'd also have to use the same names within the Movie Franchises as well if they want to have any chance of closing any sort of loophole Universal could use by saying "We are simply using the common shorter version of the character's name which is universally recognized as being that person: ex Ben - Benjamin. Will - William"

When the studios first opened it was amazing. The attractions were unique and the feel of a studio was fun. Changes have not been an improvement and nothing new has been a blockbuster. I don't even see why TSM is so popular. I still love the Movie ride but wish they would do something to Backstage. It has so many possibilities but is tired. Idol the show ruined itself with its determination to have a female singer win. They chose boring males in order to have that happen and fans left. It is a half day park at best and totally skipable.

I honestly am of a belief that the ONLY reason that TSM is so popular is because it is one of only 2 "Family" rides within the park. Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and RockNRollercoaster are all popular rides that precludes a lot of people due to the nature of the rides. That leave the Shows, The Backstage tour (which is a joke to most people now), The Great Movie Ride, and TSM as the only things in the park that are much more inclusive to a majority of the park's guests.

If you look at the California version of TSM, where there is a lot more attractions for people to enjoy, you don't have nearly the same type of crazy crowds.

If you look at the California version of TSM, where there is a lot more attractions for people to enjoy, you don't have nearly the same type of crazy crowds.

It's a different kind of crazy. There are no fast passes. The lines are incredibly long most of the day, although the opening of Cars Land last year took away the early morning pressure for TSM. Before that, rope drop at DCA was halfway into the park because EVERYONE was there to get to TSM.

For a good while it was THE ride at DCA. And it's still one of the longest lines, probably second only to RSR, and w/o fast passes.

I am not sad to see the Beauty and the Beast Show go I am more sad, because I had my heart set of having my Wedding Reception on the stage in the Theater of Stars Pavillion as it is a Beauty and the Beast Wedding!! I have been struggling to find a venue that fit my criteria and I thought this was it, but now I am pretty sure it won't be there anymore!! Argg back to the drawing boards LOL

Aw no! I really hope your wedding goes as planned!
Now as for this, I made an opinion once I heard Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast were getting swapped out for Tangled and Princess and the Frog (forgot which show was rumored to go where). Personally, I'll love a Tangled show! Princess and the Frog? It'll have good music for sure but I can't see it having a lasting appeal like the rumored Tangled show. My dilemma: can I have all 3? Little Mermaid is my sister's favorite movie and that'll just break her heart, even if there are more Mermaid experiences in Magic Kingdom and Art of Animation. As for Beauty and the Beast, I feel like the resort's closest to broadway experience will be going. In one way that was an advertising point for MGM. I'm not saying Tangled doesn't have the broadway feel, but the broadway show kind of gave the Beauty and extra umph when it came to a broadway experience in the parks. Plus the show's been on for so long it's going to be a little weird seeing it go. So yeah, I'm torn

I have seen BATB in just about every format available! on ice, broadway, school plays, at WDW.. and I can't seem to get enough of it! without the show, I have no reason to visit DHS! shows are a great, wonderful and magical experience at WDW! if it can't be BATB, let them please replace it with another show (Cinderella or another Disney classic)!!!

And in the process, Disney will have also successfully killed a majority of Marvel's goodwill, legacy, and fandom that has enabled the brand and characters to last so many decades.

Could you see the comments having dialog like

"Disney's Spiderman! Look out! Disney's Doc Oc is once again attacking the city! You must save us!"

"What's this? Disney's Mary Jane in trouble? I must go and see her."

"Disney's Peter Parker! Get me those Pictures!" "Sure thing Disney's Mr. Jameson!"

They'd also have to use the same names within the Movie Franchises as well if they want to have any chance of closing any sort of loophole Universal could use by saying "We are simply using the common shorter version of the character's name which is universally recognized as being that person: ex Ben - Benjamin. Will - William"

You only change the names for a couple years, and in the contract I read that Universal is required to maintain the Trade Marks. Also, once the contract is voided by non-compliance, it also states it's as if the contract never existed, so they would have no problems reverting back to the old names, colours and logos.

Just saying, if Disney really wanted theme park rights East of the Mississippi back, they could achieve it, there is no such thing as a contract that can't be broken.

You only change the names for a couple years, and in the contract I read that Universal is required to maintain the Trade Marks. Also, once the contract is voided by non-compliance, it also states it's as if the contract never existed, so they would have no problems reverting back to the old names, colours and logos.

Just saying, if Disney really wanted theme park rights East of the Mississippi back, they could achieve it, there is no such thing as a contract that can't be broken.

And all I'm saying is that as soon as Disney changes the names to try and make Universal unwilling to continue using the characters, Disney will in effect be subjecting the entirety of Marvel's customers and fandom to the exact same ploy. Any movie, animated show, comic, video game, toy, etc will be required to use the EXACT same 'new' character name.

The same ploy that Disney would be trying to use to scare away Universal, Would also scare away most existing property licensees and a majority of the customers who enjoy Marvel's work. It would also be taking a nice crap on the goodwill and legacy Marvel has built up over the decades. It would basically be a scorched earth type of tactic that would end up removing a large part of the value of the Marvel brands and products in the attempt to gain back that exact item. And not to downgrade Disney's ability to build a brand, but I highly doubt Disney would be able to rebuild the Marvel brand after it virtually destroys it in such a silly move.

(and that won't get into the ill-will the Disney brand could easily suffer from the perception that it's destroying such a beloved item. Even if Marvel manages to recover, Disney may not be able to. [Think of the heat George Lucas has taken due to his continued tinkering with the Star Wars brand, while the Star Wars brand has managed to endure] )

Im going to try to catch this when we go in Nov if its still there then. Ive never seen and would like to before it leaves.

Our family enjoys BaTB as well as AI. No opposed to something new going in. What sucks, if this rumor be true, is that will be two less attractions in an already anemic theme park. I can't see how it's wise to close them down without any type of plan in place or started. You'd be looking at a year or more to get something developed and installed. In the mean time those stages would be vacant while attendance is increasing thus putting more pressure on the other attractions.

Our family enjoys BaTB as well as AI. No opposed to something new going in. What sucks, if this rumor be true, is that will be two less attractions in an already anemic theme park. I can't see how it's wise to close them down without any type of plan in place or started. You'd be looking at a year or more to get something developed and installed. In the mean time those stages would be vacant while attendance is increasing thus putting more pressure on the other attractions.

yup! exactly!!!!!!

I don't really care for the B&TB show. It's pretty boring, and just something you do when waiting on Fastpasses.

I would be rather sad to see American Idol go though, it is a pretty fun time waster. I've been there every time we've gone to MGM. No two shows are alike, so you can never get bored.

Any more news on when this might happen ?

Everything here is always maybe until it's not. Given that there wasn't much in the way of a DHS presentation at D23, and the main reason for the departure of the show relating to rumored expansions, the show may well go on for another year.

I'm speculating just as much as anyone on that.

I kinda want American Idol to stay. It's the only place I can talk about my idol, Kelly Clarkson, with a legit reason in Disney without my mom going absolutely insane. :sad1:

I didn't see this posted here so I thought I would share a story that was given by a very trusted and accurate source over at WDWMagic. Also, American Idol will be saying Adios as well.

Look for the ridiculously long-running Beauty and the Beast stage show to end its run at the Studios following the holiday season. Right now, with no replacement as no show has gotten budget approval and likely won't until the entire Studios Extreme (or Less) Makeover gets decided on.

Also, the fanboi reviled American Idol Experience will be closing down by the end of second quarter 2014 as well with the space repurposed with a new attraction.

These decisions are made and will happen regardless of exactly how much $$$ the BoD gives The Weatherman to fix the Studios park.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/upcoming-dhs-closings.868741/

He also states that The Osbourne Lights will be discontinued at DHS in another thread.

Wow so much closing in one park the only thing I will really miss is Osborne lights. Yes I loved batb but have seen I many times and I guess I can let it go. Never had time to watch the idol show so I guess I never will. Now the thing that I would not like to see them do away with is the art of animation drawing class, it's a family tradition and we always do it. We always see who does the best, I mom usually win. I will miss all they're doing away with.

Here's my take on it. Take it or leave it.
There are several wonderful attractions that simply, as great as they are, are not needed in Hollywood Studios anymore. Beauty & The Beast, Little Mermaid, The Backlot Tour, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and American Idol.

Beauty & the Beast and The Little Mermaid have both finally received their own attractions in the Magic Kingdom. They are also heavily featured in a couple of character dining options, The Castle, Akershus, and more for Belle.
Also, Beauty & The Beast is in the Theatre of the Stars, which could be a space for a new E-ticket on Sunset Blvd, which it'll need to keep the crowds over there when the new Pixar expansion and Star Wars Land drastically switch the dynamic of people in the park. Also, people forget about the David Copperfield restaurant that was never built. There is space behind the theatre as well. Two new attractions on Sunset Boulevard.

The Backlot is taking up a lot of space that could easily be used for a Pixar Place expansion (not Cars Land). The Streets of America can be far better utilized as a future expansion pad.

Indiana Jones is a wonderful show, but personally I feel that if there were two IJ attractions, creating a mini land of some sort, would have a stronger presence in the park. One attraction in the entire WDW resort (aside from one scene in the Great Movie Ride) seems to stand out a little bit more, and it's an old show anyway that has issues during bad weather... The space can be better utilized. Sorry.

American Idol Experience... Do I list to give a reason?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter