Beauty and the Beast stage show

TukityTukers

Earning My Ears
I'm having one heck of a time finding reviews on this show. Is it any good? Worth seeing? Any comparisons to the Aladdin show at DCA?

There's video on YouTube. It's OK -- it's a brief retelling of the movie with the songs you love. Nothing spectacular, but it's decent.

Personally I think it is GREAT :thumbsup2

I'm 46 and one of my personal highlights of HS is taking my 3 yr old daughter to see this. This past week we saw it twice while my Wife and two other daughters rode TOT and RRC. We got there 30 min early both times and sat in front in dead-center....it was great. After the show while we waited for the crowds to clear out we chatted with the CMs who really got a kick out of my daughter.

This is always a must do for us...I think it's great and my 23 yr old always has to see it when we go...I would definately go see it.

Absolutely, go. Been to the Broadway show twice! Still enjoy this one, too! Never missed it anytime we have gone since it opened. Might be a little biased, if you look at my pictureprincess:

I also really enjoy it. However, it's an unfair comparison to hold it up to Aladdin. The idea is the same,but the facility at DL is SO superior. The flying over the stage, the performers in the audience...The shows most like Aladdin are Finding Nemo and Festival of the Lion King. Still, definitely see Beauty and the Beast, especially if you like the movie.

I personally absolutely LOVE the Beauty and the Beast show! It is a must see for me every time. And I work in theatre. I have seen the Broadway show, a touring company, and many community/high school productions of Beauty and the Beast and this will always be one of my Favs! Although I am a big Beauty and the Beast fan to begin with.
One of my dream jobs would be to work with this show at Disney!

We see it every day that we're in DHS.

I love it as well. I think the costumes are awesome and the people singing are very talented. I don't go a trip without seeing it.

I love this show and go every time we visit Hollywood Studios for sentimental reasons. My daughter's favorite movie was Beauty and the Beast and so when she passed away in 2008 (car accident) I now make a point to go every time we are at Disney.

I remember seeing it twice. In 1999, I recall the Beast rising in the air near the end as he transforms. In 2008, he transformed on the stage.

Which way is the way it is now normally shown? I'll be mad if it's rising in the air and 2008 was a day something wasn't working correctly. I didn't bother going to see it last year.

I love this show and go every time we visit Hollywood Studios for sentimental reasons. My daughter's favorite movie was Beauty and the Beast and so when she passed away in 2008 (car accident) I now make a point to go every time we are at Disney.

My heart is beyond broken.....can't even beGIN to imagine the pain.

Last Monday when we were at HS a man died of a heart attack outside the Indiana Jones show....I wasn't more than 50 ft away as they attempted cpr and I couldn't help but wonder what his family must have been going through. Can you IMAGINE going to WDW for the purpose of having the time of your life only to return home with that kind of memory!?!

Gotta admit, I'll probably think of this thread each and everytime I see that play.

I remember seeing it twice. In 1999, I recall the Beast rising in the air near the end as he transforms. In 2008, he transformed on the stage.

Which way is the way it is now normally shown? I'll be mad if it's rising in the air and 2008 was a day something wasn't working correctly. I didn't bother going to see it last year.

Not sure about the "rising in the air" part but everytime I've seen it after Belle says she loves him smoke starts covering the stage and the two dudes with the cape come out he changes (or they switch, whichever way you want to word it) behind while they are in front.

Then it has changed since I first saw it back in 1999. The Beast was definately in the air when he transformed into the prince.

We had been to DHS 9 times before we saw B&B. No particular reason why we had avoided it. Finally saw it in April. I enjoyed it but I would rate Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo higher.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I love this show. The last time I saw it there was a woman and a man interpreting the show in American Sign Language -- that was so beautiful! I watched them the entire show. :lovestruc

I really enjoyed the show and thought it was great. It is in an outdoor theater but it wasn't terribly hot. Both my daughter's enjoyed it, even my fussy 1 year old!

It's a good show - but not on the top of my DHS list.

If you have time, fit it in - but if your days are packed, I would skip it.

Not worth missing Light's Motor, Action or the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular for.

It really is just the story of Beauty and The Beast. No spectacular affects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter