Beauty and the Beach ~ Deluxe Edition

Packing list looks good! I saw your question over on my PTR about the Guide to the Magic. I just bought one for Chelsea and Connor to share -- they did fine with that at the time! :thumbsup2

chargers/batteries! Make sure you have all that electronic stuff!! Kipp picked the local Chinese place for his bday dinner tonight too!! Ha!!!!! How funny!! It is sooo windy here too...what is the deal? I haven't watched the news,but Meghan said it was so windy in Buffalo she thought the house was gonna blow over!!!!! WOW....
you may want to bring some chapstick too---and those sunblock sticks for the girls' faces....pony tail holders...that hair gets sticky in the summer with all the humidity..... I know you said you don't really like flip flops, but have you tried the Crocs flip flops? Remember I had those pink and green ones like Sarah had? I wore those 3 times to Disney!!! They really do support your feet well---I am a tennis shoe girl for extreme walking, but my feet got so hot and tired I just bailed out and stuck with the Crocs...this last trip I got a pair that were less 'bright'! I had the brown with light pink...you are gonna hate those tennis shoes by the time the weeks over....bathing suits..I am looking at Lands End...some are reeeaaaally cute!!!ok....nighty night!!

Oh yes! DH is usually in charge of the electronics, but I put it on the list anyway so I can double check! I never go anywhere without chapstick with SPF! I have one pair of sandals that I like for walking and will most likely switch off with sneakers. Unless I find another pair between now and July! I just can't stand that thing between the toes!!! Maybe another type would work for me. Ponys and headbands are a must! They use them most days even when it's cool, so I know those will come with us!

Packing list looks good! I saw your question over on my PTR about the Guide to the Magic. I just bought one for Chelsea and Connor to share -- they did fine with that at the time! :thumbsup2

Excellent!! Thanks! I'll put that book on my shopping list! Oh, another list to make!! Yipee!

WOOOT! Finally found my way over here Sheree!!! YAY!!!!!!

Got to love a good packing list!!!

WOOT...yay for losing weight that is fantastic! I'm finally back into the swing of things and have been working out and watching what I eat! It's not easy so WTG!!!

WOOT...yay for losing weight that is fantastic! I'm finally back into the swing of things and have been working out and watching what I eat! It's not easy so WTG!!!

Jen!!! How have you been?!!!! Have you made any decisions about the move? How did the interviews go?I have missed hearing from you..all us Snowbirdies are still hangin' around the Community board if you want to come visit sometime!!!!....Now, back to "The Beautyand the Beach"....:happytv:

Have you ever went to Disney in the summer Sheree? I have not so not sure exactly how "hot" hot really is. Maybe some of those misting fans? Can you pre-order a case of water to keep in our room? We did that in December from Costco and got a really great deal!

I have been in the summer --June and the end of July...plus where I live isn't too much cooler! Hot really means HOT!! Add in the humidity and it's a tiring day! Stay out of the heat in the middle of the day...and drink tons of water...the early part of the day and later in the evening are better...but from right before noon til after 3 is really killer...especially if you have no cloud coverage...

HI Jen!!! glad you made it! There will be plenty more lists to come in this PTR!!
Hope all your crazy moving stuff is going well.

Jen!!! How have you been?!!!! Have you made any decisions about the move? How did the interviews go?I have missed hearing from you..all us Snowbirdies are still hangin' around the Community board if you want to come visit sometime!!!!....Now, back to "The Beautyand the Beach"....:happytv:
Yeah, Jen - keep us posted!

Have you ever went to Disney in the summer Sheree? I have not so not sure exactly how "hot" hot really is. Maybe some of those misting fans? Can you pre-order a case of water to keep in our room? We did that in December from Costco and got a really great deal!
I was there once in summer - June - my first trip to WDW. I thought everyone was crazy to go in summer. I still kind of think that! I know for sure I'm going to get my hair cut short before we go! Otherwise it will be all wild with the humidity.
I will definitely think about ordering water. Even if we're on DxDP, I hate to use all my snack credits for water.
I have been in the summer --June and the end of July...plus where I live isn't too much cooler! Hot really means HOT!! Add in the humidity and it's a tiring day! Stay out of the heat in the middle of the day...and drink tons of water...the early part of the day and later in the evening are better...but from right before noon til after 3 is really killer...especially if you have no cloud coverage...
Oh I totally plan on melting!!! LOL I only think there is one day we are not going back to the hotel during afternoon hours and we will definitely find indoor things to do! I hope to enjoy the later hours in the parks too.

I'm here!!

Your plans look great!!

I'm so bummed though! We're gonna miss each other by 2 days looks like. If y'all end up going back for a day the next week you'll have to let me know and maybe we'll still be there!! :goodvibes

It'll be here before we know it!

I'm here!!

Your plans look great!!

I'm so bummed though! We're gonna miss each other by 2 days looks like. If y'all end up going back for a day the next week you'll have to let me know and maybe we'll still be there!! :goodvibes

It'll be here before we know it!

Yeah! I'll keep in touch and maybe we can meet up. We'll have to exchange contact info before then!

Well, I didn't get in the hot tub today (yet). It's been rainy on and off today. I did get almost all the stuff done I had planned. Went shopping, got the dog's flea/tick meds, got DH's b-day presents, groceries and got a cute doormat for the back door (by the hot tub - it is shaped like flip flops!). I just ironed on a bunch of Sarah's Brownie badges (I've been a little lax with that). Then I found two more! Next I have to prepare her sash for Juniors since she's bridging tomorrow morning! But I have to wait until she goes to bed, since the sash is a surprise.
We're watching Monsters v. Aliens now. Might get in the hot tub later.
The first night, Wednesday, we all were in it at various times. DH and I went back in after the kids went to bed and it was dark outside. SO COOL!!!

The next list - things I need to do before the trip:
1. Add the DxDP

2. Book rental car - I've been watching for deals and coupons. We want to use Alamo since we can pick up a car at the Dolphon and then take it to the beach and drop it back off at the airport.

3. Buy the kids Guide to the Magic

4. Maybe make a room request for the Beach Club. We have a standard room booked, so we probably won't have much of a view. But I think I may request a room with a full balcony anyway.

5. Still thinking about doing a Garden Grocer order. I think a case of water is a bit pricey, but not sure whether I should get that and some other things. Not much food, but things like sunblock etc. just so I don't have to pack them. DH says we don't need the water, but I respectfully disagree. I know we'll have 8 snack credits a day with DxDP, but I don't want to use them on water! And I know we will NEED water! We certainly won't need food items!

6. Call Delta about possibly changing our return flight. They did just notify me of a change, it was only 5 minutes earlier. But the flight leaves MCO at 7:55 AM!!!!! I'm NOT excited about that! We booked it knowing that, but I'm thinking now that it will really suck to have to leave Cocoa Beach at 5 a.m.! There is a flight at 11, so I'm going to check and see how much they would charge to switch to that one.

7. Go through kids clothes and see what fits, what to pack. I saw some cute stuff at Old Navy today - loose fitting tanks that looked like they'd be cool and comfy.

8. Go through my clothes and see what fits, what to pack!! HA! I have bought a few tanks. I think I'd like another swim suit. Saw some cute ones at the Lands End Inlet - not very cheap though!

9. Make sure to have some books for the beach part of the vacation. Paperbacks. Don't want to take library books in case I lose them, so I'll have to hit some garage sales or book sales. My kids' school has a fundraiser at Borders right before school gets out and we get 15% off. I have to support my school right?
I put together a list of books about Disney, Walt and the company that I'm going to see if I can find. There was a thread about them, and I'd like to read more.

So that's what I've got so far. I'm sure it will get longer and more detailed as we get closer.
I've also got to tell you all about my plans for the rest of our days. I think I only posted about our arrival day.

Oh, I would like to know which Disney books you end up with -- maybe some of those titles will make their way into my beach bag! :goodvibes

Oh, I would like to know which Disney books you end up with -- maybe some of those titles will make their way into my beach bag! :goodvibes

I will be sure to let you know. Right now I'm reading The Man Behind the Magic by Kathryn and Richard Greene. It's okay. I found it at the library.
Here are the other ones I'm going to look for that have been mentioned on the boards:
Walt Disney by Neal Gabler (lots of people recommended)
Spinning Disney's World by Charles Ridgeway
Designing Disney by ??
Disney War: Building a Company Roy O. DIsney and the Xcreation of an Entertainment Empire by Bob Thomas
Disney's World by Leonard Mosley
WD Imagineering by the Imagineers

Older ones that were mentioned:
Disney A to Z by Dave Smith

Realityland by David Koenig
Someone also mentioned The Mystery at Disney World by Carole Marsh, but I haven't been able to get that at my library.

So I'm going to start looking for some of these. If I get any and get them read I will do a little review for you here! Then you can decide if you want them! I'm also thinking I might read the Kingdom Keepers.

I don't blame you for not wanting to use snack credits for water. Order the water and pay for it with your grocery money (not vacation money). :thumbsup2 If you end up having leftover credits, you can get stuff to bring home!

Hey Sheree!! Sorry I'm so late to the party!!!! Love your lists!!!! I can't wait to see your Beach Club pictures...that is where I want to buy DVC resale some day!!!!!

I'm here and caught up! Sounds like a great trip. :goodvibes
Yay! I'm certainly not going too fast these days!!

I don't blame you for not wanting to use snack credits for water. Order the water and pay for it with your grocery money (not vacation money). :thumbsup2 If you end up having leftover credits, you can get stuff to bring home!
I figured that would work out! We might stick around longer on our last Sunday just because we can! We can't check into the condo at the beach until late afternoon. So we might use up those snack credits. If not, we'll get treats to take to the condo. Even if we have extra water we will take it with us to the beach.
Hey Sheree!! Sorry I'm so late to the party!!!! Love your lists!!!! I can't wait to see your Beach Club pictures...that is where I want to buy DVC resale some day!!!!!
Glad you made it over Jen!! You didn't miss too much!
I'd like to have DVC at BC too!!! I will probably want it even more after this trip! HA!
I'm on board!!
:welcome: I'm happy you're here!

Well, I did a little more shopping today. Found some shorts for Sarah and a cute ruffle tank for each of the girls at ON. There weren't hardly any flip flops left by the time we got there. Saw a pair randomly laying near the clothes and they almost fit Sarah - but they're a size 5! She usually wears about a 1! Close enough! For a dollar, she can grow into them! We found $2 flips at walmart. I really can't stand shopping there, but I've been on a mission to find these Keen lookalike sandals for Paige. Sarah got some at Payless and they don't ever have Paige's size. I may order on line. Anyway, we were right by Walmart, so I thought, ok, I'll suck it up and go in there. On a Saturday afternoon no less! OMG! ICK!!! Now I remember why I don't shop there. Paige even said it smelled bad!! :laughing:
Then we went to Target. No shoes there either. But got Sarah one more pair of shorts, a nice lighter weight denim. They are longer, which is what they want them to wear to school.

We had a late start to our shopping today because Sarah's Brownie troop was bridging to Junior Girl Scout. They had a cute ceremony with about 5 other troops in the area. We got to the church where it was scheduled at around 10:15. No one from the church was there to let us in! We waited around and decided we'd set up outside. It was chilly and cloudy, looking like it might rain! We even called the pastoral emergency number and left a message for the priest! It's really for when people die or need last rites! Finally we noticed a lady walk in the other door to the church. We had tried all the doors earlier and they were locked. So one of the dad's chased her down to let us in! We finally got going, about a half hour later than planned. And we heard thunder!!! It was DOWNPOURING outside! I'm so glad and thankful (God was watching us I'm sure!) we got inside! After the ceremony, I had to race to the car in the rain, drive up to the door, get out with the umbrella (that had been in the car the whole time) and get the girls. Then we came home, changed clothes and had lunch before shopping.
My poor dog was so shook up! He hates the thunder and he was home alone! Poor baby! He scratches at all the doors when it's storming or there are fireworks.

So now I'm making Gobs for DH's birthday treat. In case you don't know what they are, (I didn't either until I met him), it's a cake sandwich thing. Chocolate cake "cookies" and white/vanilla icing in the middle. All made from scratch. The last of the cakes are coming out of the oven now. Then I've got to make the icing. And oh, it's 6:00. Dinner?? Haven't given it a thought! LOL! Luckily no one has come in saying "I'm hungry!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter