Beating the Winter Blues - I Hate When That Happens! 21/4

Have a wonderful,safe trip you two!!!:yay::dance3:

The day started out exceptionally well! I woke up feeling refreshed after getting a good nights sleep for a change. There were many items on my list of things to do so I had to get movin' and shakin' as my good buddy Nat would say!

First item on the agenda was to pick up groceries for the week for my DH and DD Sammy. Sam has been quite worried about what her father was going to feed her all week and told me she didn't want to have to eat Kraft Dinner every day! I assured her that her dad was quite capable of cooking and that I would pick up some quick and easy meals. They have their workload cut out for them while we're away looking after all the animals so they don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen.

When they arrived home, I showed them the stuff I bought for them and they both asked me to make a list of the meals :headache:

How hard is it to look in the fridge, freezer or food pantry and decide what to have? Hooboy....it's going to be a tough week for those too! :sad2:

Anyways, so I did make them a list and then Sam said, "well...we don't have to eat it in that order do we?" D'oh...head smacking!

menu.jpg

Then DH said, "you better make us a list of where everything is too". You're kidding right? He really isn't. Last week he hollered to me while I was upstairs and asked, "where's the sugar? do we have any sugar?"

Me: Uh..yes...it's in the pantry!
DH: Well I couldn't find it.

I came downstairs and opened the pantry door to find the BIG bag of sugar staring me in face! I gave him an eyeroll and his answer was "I didn't open THAT door" (We have two doors side by side that open) :sad2:

While I was out shopping, I also picked up a Country Sampler magazine for the plane ride and a book to read before bed. I bought myself a pair of stretchy gloves in case it gets a little cool and a phone card! Then I went to the bank and retrieved my American money from my American bank account. While I was there I found out that CIBC now offers a bank card that you can use in the U.S.! I declined for this trip but will definately get one next time around. It will be handy rather than charging to VISA.

My last item on my trip out was to fill up the SUV with gas since we'll be leaving at 4:00 a.m. and the airport is about a 2 hour drive. Not sure if anything will be open at that hour. I pulled into the Canadian Tire Gas Bar which is self-serve. Now I usually never go to a self serve station but I didn't have any cash on me, just my bank card and my American money. I got out and noticed on the pump screen that bank cards were not working at the moment which meant I'd have to go inside to pay. No biggie. So I filled up - $45.00 later, went inside and waited in line. As I was getting closer, the cashier was speaking into the mike thingy to other people at the pump saying that they are only accepting cash...the banking machines were not working. Uhhhhhhhhhh..........DANG! I had no cash on me but still stood in line and when it was my turn I asked:

Me: Can you take a credit card?
Casher: No...the lines are down
Me: I don't have cash on me...what do you want me to do?
Cashier: Let me check it again
Cashier: Nope, still not working
Me: I don't have cash!!!
Cashier: What do you want me to do? :headache:
Me: Will you accept American money?
Cashier: Yes

So I ran back out to the truck, grabbed $60.00 of my American money, stood back in line for another 5 minutes and then handed him the money. He then proceeded to tell me that I would only get .95 cents on the dollar!!! WTH???? What a freakin' rip off! I was so peeved at that point, shook my head, got my change and left.

I was now short 60.00 of my American funds for the trip :guilty:

After leaving, I stopped at Tim Horton's for a tea and snack and was feeling a bit better until I got home and noticed JoJo had let the fire go out. Okay...I now realize it was no reason to be grumpy with her, I was just in a bad mood and most likely needed a nap.

There was no time for napping, the groceries had to be put away, dishes done and then I cooked up a pot of home-made spaghetti sauce for dinner so we could freeze the rest for the night we come back home.

After dinner, I repacked my suitcase and gathered all the stuff I wanted to put in my carry on bag. JoJo picked up Steph and showed her all the goodies our Fairy Godmother sent them for the trip and now the three of us are having a "One Tree Hill" marathon waiting until 4:00 when we can leave for the airport!

PTR2-2.jpg

PTR2-1.jpg

PTR2-3.jpg

PTR2-4.jpg

PTR2-5.jpg

PTR2-6.jpg

PTR2-7.jpg

There were many items on my list of things to do so I had to get movin' and shakin' as my good buddy Nat would say!

nat does not say movin’ and shakin’ Bluebeard :sad2:……. Ooooh boy. nat says “You got to Move it! Move it!” :banana: Think of Disney’s Matagascar :banana::banana: and sometimes nat says, “Shake what yo mama gave you!!” :rotfl:

I came downstairs and opened the pantry door to find the BIG bag of sugar staring me in face! I gave him an eyeroll and his answer was "I didn't open THAT door" (We have two doors side by side that open)

Ok, I have questionS... :yay: ……. # 1…How BIG was Grumpy’s bag of sugar? Cause you said it was BIG as opposed to just being big. :rolleyes1 And I am not a fan of opening two doors and suggest maybe overhauling the cupboard doors and just putting up one door to make it easier for future sugar findings. Who know's what they will do to the place why'll you are gone :rotfl2: :duck:

Question #2…What night is the Wang coming home? I couldn't read your list :lmao: Chinese fud …mmm

And the pin of Chip ‘n Dale is far too nice to trade. That was so kind of the Fairy Godmother….. pixiedust: Cheryla is Disney magic!!

Oh and are you going to check out the artist DTD that paints on the Toms?

And were you scanned or patted down at the airport? :scared1:

Just wanted to let you know that it is snowing here and 18F but feels like 0F with the wind ….. Brrrrrr!! And it is suppose to be SUNNY there tomorrow! Hope you had a good flight and are having a blast!
For some reason I want a ginger snap :tongue:

Chery is a wonderful Fairy Godmother!

Had to laugh at the food situation at home while you were gone. My brothers and I were like that when my mom left us with Dad for a week. :laughing:

Found it! Have to remember to bookmark it. Hate that it doesn't subscribe automatically when posting.

Oh, and I figure you're home now. So how about an update? :flower3:

I missed you. Hope you had a great trip.

Look who is here. Hey Buzz. creeping as always.

nat does not say movin’ and shakin’ Bluebeard ……. Ooooh boy. nat says “You got to Move it! Move it!” Think of Disney’s Matagascar and sometimes nat says, “Shake what yo mama gave you!!”

Sheesh.........I was close though! :cool2:

Pirate said:
Ok, I have questionS... ……. # 1…How BIG was Grumpy’s bag of sugar? Cause you said it was BIG as opposed to just being big. And I am not a fan of opening two doors and suggest maybe overhauling the cupboard doors and just putting up one door to make it easier for future sugar findings. Who know's what they will do to the place why'll you are gone

Question #2…What night is the Wang coming home? I couldn't read your list Chinese fud …mmm

#1 - it was very BIG
(okay...maybe not huge but certainly big enough that one should not have missed seeing it on the shelf) kwim? :sad2:

#2 - It was scheduled for Thursday, that is always our take out/in food night! I took another picture of that list when I came home because they actually used it and crossed things off :lmao:

Pirate said:
And the pin of Chip ‘n Dale is far too nice to trade. That was so kind of the Fairy Godmother….. pixiedust: Cheryla is Disney magic!!

Oh and are you going to check out the artist DTD that paints on the Toms?

And were you scanned or patted down at the airport? :scared1:

K.... more questions! just sayin'

Yes, Cheryla is the bestest :wizard:

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "paints on the Toms?" :confused3

You'll have to wait for my update to find out about the airport ;-)

Pirate said:
Just wanted to let you know that it is snowing here and 18F but feels like 0F with the wind ….. Brrrrrr!! And it is suppose to be SUNNY there tomorrow! Hope you had a good flight and are having a blast!
For some reason I want a ginger snap :tongue:

I heard all aboot the cold weather back home while we were away :rolleyes1
and all the gingersnaps were gone when we returned :mad:

Chery is a wonderful Fairy Godmother!

Had to laugh at the food situation at home while you were gone. My brothers and I were like that when my mom left us with Dad for a week. :laughing:

Yes she is!!! :goodvibes

Must be a DAD thing :rotfl:

Found it! Have to remember to bookmark it. Hate that it doesn't subscribe automatically when posting.

Oh, and I figure you're home now. So how about an update? :flower3:

:welcome:

It's been so long for me also that I've had to reaquaint myself with the DIS :rolleyes:

Update coming as soon as I'm settled :laundy:

Twinkletoes!!!!!!!! I *never* thought I'd see you here! :hug:

That deserves some :banana: :banana::banana:

I missed you. Hope you had a great trip.

Look who is here. Hey Buzz. creeping as always.

We had a wonderful trip Scott but it's always nice to be home :upsidedow

Buzz=creeper=gud :goodvibes

After waking up DH around 3:45 a.m. and loading our suitcases into the truck we headed to the airport with a quick stop at Timmie's along the way. The drive was uneventful and the roads were clear with minimal traffic.

We arrived at 5:45 and our flight was not scheduled to leave until 7:45 which meant it was going to be a long wait. There were no problems going through security but surprisingly it still took 45 minutes from check-in to finish.

Ch1-1.jpg

The girls and I took a quick look around through the stores and then chose a seat at the back of the large waiting room. I pulled out my laptop to pass the time while JoJo and FiFi went to get a bite to eat at the Timmie's counter service area. JoJo brought me back another tea and ate the cookies they purchased. Apparently that was all they had left and a few donuts. Watching them made me hungry so I went to get myself something and came back with the last donut on the shelf. You'd think they would have been better stocked. :confused3

Ch1-2.jpg

Our departure time was delayed by 15 minutes as they had to de-ice the plane. That made me a little nervous. :eek:

Ch1-3.jpg

Ch1-4.jpg

Ch1-5.jpg

I pretty much missed the whole flight because I fell asleep shortly after we boarded. I do remember the flight attendant waking me up by moving my seat forward. I was told you're not allowed to recline until after take off. Seriously, the seat only moves back about an inch...was it really necessary to move and wake me for that??? :headache:

I hadn't been on a plane since our first trip to WDW in 2006 and was impressed that they now had TV screens for each passenger. We were able to watch the flight on GPS throughout the entire trip! I thought was cool.

Ch1-6.jpg

Ch1-7.jpg

We arrived in Orlando at 11:10 and had no problems finding the ME bus area! The three of us were like Mexican jumping beans by that time and although the line for our bus was short it seemed to drag on and on. When we stepped outside I was in heaven with the heat!!! It was beautiful :yay:

Ch1-8.jpg

Ch1-9.jpg

Ch1-10.jpg

As we boarded the bus, I was watching FiFi for her reaction to all things Disney. That was one of the things I was looking forward to since she was a newbie and the furtherest she's been away from home is about 6 hours! By the time we made it our resort, I could tell she was in awe! It made me smile.

Ch1-11.jpg

Ch1-12.jpg

I told JoJo to go check us in and headed to the nearest smoking area. She was a bit shocked that I gave her that responsibility but it was her trip and I wanted her to experience it.

Ch1-13.jpg

Up Next: Where did the warm weather go??

Wouldn't you have been more nervous if they hadn't de-iced the plane? :rolleyes1

Sounds like your travel went smoothly. :thumbsup2 It was beautiful when I arrived too. :goodvibes

Every week I fall asleep on my flight out at 6:00am. It's like a time warp. Wake up and you're there!

Love to see the reaction on the nOObies faces. :thumbsup2

My kids now are like "Dad, can we go to Denny's". :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter