Beat up over a place in line at teacups ride?

yeah, I read about it right after it happened, wonder why nothing else came up until now

It took 2 months to bring her back to Orlando from Alabama. That's why we didn't hear about the story in May.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Here's the original story from May 30 (from 13 News):

Woman Says Disney Bungled Case Of Tempest In Tea Cups
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:30:17 AM
Aimee Krause says she was attacked in front of a Disney ride, and that the park delayed in calling the cops.

“I just kept feeling blows to my legs, my breasts, my head. As the punches were coming, I could feel something tightening around my neck. I could feel the clothes tearing and people screaming," Krause said."

* Costly Disney Delay

A Lake County woman says she was attacked while waiting for the Mad Tea Party ride at Disney World and Disney's delay in calling sheriff's deputies could keep her alleged attacker from ever facing charges.

Aimee Krause said another patron quickly escalated a dispute over the lineup for the ride.

“I just kept feeling blows to my legs, my breasts, my head. As the punches were coming, I could feel something tightening around my neck. I could feel the clothes tearing and people screaming," Krause said.

As bad as the attack was, Krause said she's more outraged over the way Disney handled the case. She said Disney security delayed calling Orange County Sheriff's deputies for 40 minutes – a lapse she said dramatically impeded the investigation and made it more difficult for her to press charges.

“At least 120 people were there, because I don't know how many people are held in the teacups, but people had already been seated in their teacups,” Kraise said. “It was only myself as that woman attacked me outside of the teacup ride. There was at least, probably, 80 people in line.”

Disney security spoke with people who saw the attack, but allowed them to leave before deputies arrived. Without sworn statements from witnesses, sheriff's office officials told News 13 they couldn't file charges.

"They're supposed to have the witnesses come down to that security office so that they officers, the true law enforcement officers can interview them there. Had they done that or had the statement, Orange County Sheriff's Department could have made an arrest,” Krause said.

Michelle Mauger, a friend of Krause’s, said she witnessed the attack.

"The entire time we're telling them we want Orange County Sheriff's Office, and they said that they would not bring Orange County Sheriff's Office into the park,” Mauger said.

A Disney spokeswoman said the park doesn't limit law enforcement access, but in this case, didn't see an immediate need to call deputies.

Krause and Mauger said it should be the victim's call – not Disney's – on when deputies are summoned.

“They're not safe. They're not safe because they're not following the protocol that they need to make sure that these people are taken care of,” Mauger said.

According to the sheriff's office, the investigation is still open. Deputies are reviewing information documented by Disney security, and may re-interview witnesses to see if charges are warranted.

and the one from today (also from 13 News):

A dispute at the teacups at the Magic Kingdom has led to an arrest.

Deputies said Victoria Walker, 52, of Alabama, became enraged when Aimee Krause and her children were allowed in front of her at the Mad Tea Party ride.

In May, News 13 spoke to Krause who said she was brutally attacked and choked.

Krause said she suffered bruises all over her body and her clothes were ripped.

Walker was questioned and allowed to go back to Alabama, but was brought back when a judge noticed how severe the injuries were.

Walker bonded out of jail Tuesday.

I actually remember someone posting about this back when it happened...how the woman was upset the police weren't called sooner. It sounded then, that the woman who hit her was the one who cut in line...this article sounds like the woman who cut in line was the one who was hit. I'd be verypset if a amily cut in line in front of me, but I think I'd just bring it to the attention of a CM, rather than beating her up. I'm curious to see how this plays out...if she cut in line, she was clearly in the wrong, but should not have been assaulted... Thrown out of the park, yes....assaulted, no.

My big pet peeve at Disney was the people who would have one person stand in line and about 20 minutes later the father or whoever would show up with 5 kids and join in. Really irritating, I don't know why some people feel that they are enititled to things that others aren't. but no I never would attack them.

Here's another version of the story and a link to a video of an interview with Krause

video: http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=39153&bw=

Line cutter causes brawl at Disney World
Carrie Young
Created: 7/18/2007 1:31:59 PM
Updated:7/18/2007 1:35:52 PM

ORLANDO, FL. -- A visit to the Magic Kingdom turned into a trip to jail for one Alabama woman.
Aimee Krause said she was attacked as she and her children were ready to ride the "Mad Tea Party" tea cup ride at the Magic Kingdom.

Deputies said it began when Victoria Walker accused Krause of cutting in line and punched Krause in the head repeatedly before the two could be separated.

Investigators initially allowed Walker to go home but arrested her in Alabama weeks later after Krause complained of seizures, memory loss and blurred vision following the attack.

Walker's daughter, who witnessed the brawl, says her mother was pushed by Krause twice before fighting back.

Nakema Bethune went on to described her mother as a "God-fearing" woman who'd never been in any trouble.

When told of Bethune's comments Aimee Krause responded that if Walker is a church-going woman "she can worship in jail, she can have a Bible there".

ETA: I especially like the advertisement for the ambulance chasers after the video : )

The article I linked to in the OP states;

"Witnesses said Victoria Walker became enraged after the victim and her children were allowed ahead of her at the "Mad Tea Party' ride in May."

I wonder if we'll ever get the whole story...

the media is playing games to make disney look bad, and why wouldn't they, i smell 7 figures of damages from here.

despite that, what a bunch of savages. No one hits someone that badly unprovoked, we're not getting the full story.

My big pet peeve at Disney was the people who would have one person stand in line and about 20 minutes later the father or whoever would show up with 5 kids and join in. Really irritating, I don't know why some people feel that they are enititled to things that others aren't. but no I never would attack them.

Huh... I don't think I personally would have a problem with one person saving a place in line for the rest of the family. But maybe that's just me!

There certainly are those that act as though they are "entitled" though. My favorites are the ones that think it's okay, five minutes before the parade, to prop their kids, simply because they're kids, right in front of folks who have spent an hour staked out in a spot. Great lesson for the kids!

The article I linked to in the OP states;

"Witnesses said Victoria Walker became enraged after the victim and her children were allowed ahead of her at the "Mad Tea Party' ride in May."

I wonder if we'll ever get the whole story...

Yeah....that's what I thought....The one article said she cut in line, the other says she was allowed ahead????.....either way, she shouldn't have been attacked....I'm sure it will be awhile before the whole story comes out.

Yeah, I don't see Disney bashing on this one. Besides, if they really didn't call the sheriff, I'd say there is reason for them to be bashed. The judge apparently felt things were serious enough to issue an arrest warrant.

We'll probably never know for sure who cut in line, if anybody really did. Doesn't really matter though. You can't go around beating people because you think they cut in line.

The Orlando Sentinal has more details:

Disney teacup tussle leads to mom's arrest

April Hunt | Sentinel Staff Writer
9:17 PM EDT, July 18, 2007

One mother faces a felony trial and another the threat of lifelong head and neck injuries after a run-in at Walt Disney World's Mad Tea Party ride.

The fight as children and adults were boarding the ride was all about whether someone skipped places in line.

"Everybody was going to get on the ride," said Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons. "You shake your head and wonder how this could happen."

The scuffle in the Magic Kingdom began May 27 when Victoria Walker accused Aimee Krause of jumping the queue leading to the spinning teacups ride on May.27, according to a Sheriff's Office report.

The report then describes what happened next:

Walker, 51, yelled and cussed about the perceived slight and shoved two children with Krause, then 34, as they all waited in a holding area to be the next group on the ride.

Walker was in line with her 11-year-old daughter. Krause had her children, ages 6 and 7, and a friend's two children with her in line.

Krause had just put the second pair of children in a teacup when Walker kicked her from behind.

Walker, who stands 5 feet, 11 inches and weighs 230 pounds, then grabbed Krause -- who is 5 feet, 5 inches tall -- from behind and began beating her. Walker stopped only after she was pulled off the smaller woman.

Police at first thought it was a minor dust-up and allowed Walker to go home to Alabama.

But Krause's doctors diagnosed a concussion, a herniated disc in her cervical spine and post-traumatic seizures. When investigators saw that, they issued a felony warrant and had Walker arrested in Alabama.

Walker has since been transported to Orlando and charged with felony battery. She posted $4,000 bail Tuesday and was released from the Orange County Jail.

Walker, whose phone number in Alabama has been disconnected, could not be reached for comment.

Now 35, Krause hasn't worked or driven since the attack and needs weekly visits with a neurologist.

Medicine has helped control the seizures, but she said she relies on her husband and other family and friends to stay with her because of lingering memory and physical problems.

"My life has been ruined," she said. "I am not a vindictive person, but I want her to get the maximum. I want her to set a precedent, that you can't get away with that sort of behavior."

Krause also complained that the ride operator did not act fast enough to get security, and perhaps avert her injuries.

Two independent witnesses told deputies that Walker was screaming profanities and shoving a girl -- Krause's daughter -- before the attack.

Krause said she and others asked at least twice for the operator to call security and have Walker removed.

"We were in Fantasyland, which is for 5- and 6-year-olds," Krause said. "Cussing and shoving shouldn't be accepted there."

Walt Disney World representatives said that they are confident that their employee, called a cast member, followed the proper procedures. Spokeswoman Andrea Finger said Disney security responded to the scene right after the attack.

"Cast members are trained to contact security when they identify a disturbance. In this incident, the cast member did just that," she said.

Whether the appearance of security would have calmed the situation is unclear. The sheriff's report notes that Walker had an earlier assault arrest in Alabama.

thats dispicable...why did they let her go so quickly without getting the whole story?

Concussion, herniated disc, post traumatic seizures.......hasn't worked or driven since the attack....... lingering memory and physical problems.......CM not reacting quickly....... asked CM twice to have her removed. Well, I don't think I could have scripted that better if I were a personal injury attorney. I hope these injuries really did happen to her and not just another case of cashing out. Sigh......

The investigators and/or judge bought it.

It's being investigated as a criminal matter at this point. There's no indication of a civil suit being filed. Not that it won't happen, but let's at least see what the investigation reveals before we start suggesting the woman is faking it.

I always thought Disney was under no legal mandate to call Orange County police if RCID determines it can handle a dispute according to its own discretion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter