• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bear or Yeti?

Lil' Debbie

warping the minds of America's youth
Whether you are for the bear rug or against the bear rug, that's your opinion! I think alot of people have forgotten to respect that in this game. My husband and I were on last night to check out this rug and could not believe all the arguments over this rug. We were in VMK_MOCHA's room and she was having trouble getting people to relax and to voice their opinions NICELY!! So with my husband at the keyboard, I knew his sarcastic side was about to come out, and it did! He started asking MOCHA some questions like: Does the bear have a name? Her response: You can name him whatever you like. (good answer) So it is a boy? Her response: Or her. (Boy, she was quick with that one!) Can you put the bear on the wall? Her response: Not to my knowledge. (another good answer) So he stopped playing "Let's Stump MOCHA" and started his YETI campaign. He feels that the YETI would make a better rug than the silly old bear. :cheer2:

So what do you think? Bear or Yeti. Which one would make a better rug? :banana:

Oh! A Yeti rug would be awesome. All though I do agree that this whole bear rug thing got a little out of hand. I mean really. I don't mind the different opinions, it makes things more fun. But when people can't relax and listen to those other opinions and just keep shouting their own, things get less fun :(

oh poor yeti you killed an innocent snowball throwing fuzzball!
LOL im just kidding im not like those "animal protecter petitioners" or whatever i say a yeti rug would be way cooler!

:rotfl2: lol people would probably start a "save the npc characters act"
yea that sounds like an awesome idea it would also be pretty cool if u had like a buyable statue of the yeti that can be placed in a room and it would move like the npc character.Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen anytime soon or is it...dum dum dum :rotfl:

Geez, I only bothered to get in one bear rug debate with some girl, I had lots of "cute" arguments like "what about the skeletons? They are cruel to humans!" and "how about the bird on your head? He is forced to sit there all day with no pay or food!" and much more. All she could say it "you hat animals. Bear rugs are mean to animals!" over and over. I finally gave up and said "if you met a bear he would eat you" and left.

What true vmk fan is against ANY new item?!

~Mia~

MiakodaWDW said:
What true vmk fan is against ANY new item?!

~Mia~

That was my point-
I think many are voting against- just to stir up stuff. Although I do believe others just feel strongly about it- but wondered also why noone was upset about the pirate at the helm skeletons, skeleton chairs, pirate treasure rugs (all with dead virtual pirates in them). Or the skull head furniture and other items like that. All of it would need to be removed based on some people's arguments against the bear rug.

On the Yeti vs Bear issue- hmm- a yeti rug could be cute- and shoot that guy has enough fur/hair I bet we could "humanely" harvest his hair and he could still throw snowballs at us and give us his credits...

But I want the bear too lol- and my husband is really excited that if we get the bear rug we can have some bear jerky and bear steaks too... I wonder if yeti is gamier tasting?

(sorry couldn't resist the last there)

Well I have been away for a while, but am a little perplexed about this Bear Rug arguement. First off I think the rug looks way cool, and voted it should be sold.

I am not sure how anyone could see this rug as anything but the "Fakest of Faux Fur". Even a card carrying member of PETA would have to agree that this is not a real fur rug. Now you "Bunny Huggers" out there may argue that the rug advocates the killing of sentient animals, well until they start selling guns on VMK and insert a game on the order of "Trophy Hunter" that you need to win to get your rug, I believe these to be nothing more than fun pixels. Last time I checked, the creation of these pixels didnt even pollute the evironment (until the hard drives they are stored on is disposed of in some land fill). This is completely opposite the debris I have seen left behind in campgrounds by some of the professed "Nature Lovers".

I am an avid hunter out here in the real world and me and the millions of other hunters have done more to save wildlife than any card carrying member of PETA. It is our licensing fees that go towards the research and wages of the game wardens and the aquisition of more land, the fish farms and restocking stations that keep the numbers of animals up out in the wilderness. Its our fees that operate and maintain your local state parks, pay for most of your state owned boat launches and campgrounds and provide the general public with many of the opprotunities to interface with nature and the wildlife of our great nation.

Now I am right there beside PETA on the subject of fur farming, animals should not grow up in cages just to be slaughtered. But wait, then I guess we have to free all the cows, chickens, pigs and other farm stock that you enjoy at meal time. And I better not see you wearing a leather watch band, much less a leather jacket. I also hope your shoes are made of cloth, but then we start dealing with the killing of innocent plants. I wont even go there or someone will start up a "People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants".

I have eaten a bear steak and I really enjoyed a few big bowls of bear stew w/ homemade bread, and look forward to doing so again. I have no problem with this bear rug until Disney starts farming them for their fur and throwing away the meat. Or they produce so many rugs that they drive them to extinction, but when your dealing with terabytes of storage space I dont think that could be an issue. The least they could do for a loyal fan is send me a hind quarter from one of the few bears they got so far this season. I have a few recipies I would like to try.

I cant wait until someone wants to argue that Ned's head should not hang on the wall, or that we need to free Malificent from the chains. What about the Yeti, wouldnt he be better off running wild in the frozen wastelands of Siberia than having to show up every day at opening time. And when is someone going to let Esmerelda out of the box. Geez people and their priorities, sometimes I just dont get them. But they do keep it interesting, maybe that is because I like to people watch. And some of the different "characters" I have seen in VMK make it very interesting.

In the mean time, if they are going to produce a rug for me the least they could do is let me lay down on it. BTW, that button would go right next to wave and dance.

Well Ok it ended up being four cents,

DaffyPluto

I would like the bear rug and a big fluffy Yeti chair. Then I could sit by the fire in my Yeti chair next to the bear rug. :teeth:

OMG yes! A yeti rug or chair would be great! I went into one of the debate rooms and actually told all the bue people in there that if they gave me one reason whart or who the VMK virtual bear rug was actually hurting, I would go get a blue shirt and wear it. Total silence was their reply. LOL.

Still, an Yeti rug would be cool. Maybe if we keep suggesting it it will come out when the Everest room does!

How about a TALKING Yeti rug? So you won't get lonely and think about leaving to your friends' rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter