• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beaches.....

canadianjovigirl

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if someone can give us some suggestions on beaches within driving distance of Orlando. We are making our first trip to Florida this November for almost 3 weeks and really want to take the kids to see the beach/ocean. We were gonna stop at Cocoa beach when we went to the Kennedy Space Center and also Daytona Beach when we go to the Daytona Raceway, but looking for a great beach along the gulf coast where we could spend the whole day and have the kids play....(it will be warm there for us as we are coming from Western Canada)....any suggestions???

Thanks

Hi - I asked a similar question on June 23rd - take a look at that date under bnstiles@telus.net and it might help. We are from rural Alberta - where are you from? Hope you enjoy your trip. 3 weeks wow - we are excited about 10 days!

Hi - I asked a similar question on June 23rd - take a look at that date under bnstiles@telus.net and it might help. We are from rural Alberta - where are you from? Hope you enjoy your trip. 3 weeks wow - we are excited about 10 days!

Hi...how do i search to find those dates and email??? Sorry but fairly new here. We are also from rural Alberta, between Calgary and Red Deer, how about you???

Hello, we fell in love with Honeymoon Island State Park just north of Tampa.
This is a state park with no condos, homes, or businesses. Just 3 miles of pristine beach where our grandkids collected bags of shells.

There is a small swimming beach area at the far east end of the island, but most of the walking beach is not for swimming but shelling and watching the dolphins.

There are two buildings with restrooms and a small snack shop.

We spent the morning there and then went over to Clearwater for the afternoon. About a 30 minute drive from Honeymoon Island. Clearwater is all the shops and restaurants and a huge suger sand swimming beach. So you get the best of both worlds, quiet serene, lots of shells and then the beachy beach later in the day.
Drive to Honeymoom island is pretty easy to get to with a map and about 90 minutes right to the beach, about 60 minutes to the Tampa area. Here is a link...again, we loved it!
http://www.google.com/search?source...on+island+state+park&aq=0&oq=honeymoon+island

Enjoy...Ted

Hi...how do i search to find those dates and email??? Sorry but fairly new here. We are also from rural Alberta, between Calgary and Red Deer, how about you???

Hi I'm fairly new at this too. If you look through the pages of this board (currently on page 3 you will find the last post of June 23rd in the date column) or you can go to search and put in bnstiles@telus.net and you will find it.

We live in between Drumheller and Hanna and enjoying a great Canada Day!:banana:

I would drive west & go to Sanibel. It is just beautiful & untouched. Plus the sea shell capital of the world.
Please PM me if you would like some more info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter