Beaches Turks and Caicos? Deals?

Went to Beaches Turks and Caicos 2 years ago. It was the most expensive vacation we ever took as a family even with their "60% off% that they offer every year. We went in the Spring. The resort is beautiful. The food was good but not as good as Disney Restaurants, i.e. Le Cellier. It was nice to have an all-inclusive (even with alcoholic beverages for adults). Tips were even included. The airfare to T&C was 3x the amount that we pay to WDW. We needed passports. Many water sports were included (some did cost). However, we could stay 2 weeks a WDW Deluxe with dining and airfare for the price it would cost to go to Beaches for 6 nights! BTW, we stayed in the lowest priced room category. For us, we are glad we did go once. We will stick with WDW.

Always wanted to try Beaches, but we are a family of five and it is just not worth that amount of money to me. We could literally do three week long cruises for the price of one week at Beaches. Plus, we can get two cabins with two bathrooms and not be crammed into one hotel room.

As an example, we are doing a nine night Thanksgiving cruise on Royal Caribbean for $3500. Beaches would be over $12,000!

Maybe someday.....

Would you mind telling me what type of room you are staying in on your cruise? We are also a family of 5 (our fifth being a 1 year old) and seems like every place I try ends up being way too expensive. $3500 is def do able though.

Thank you!
Tricia

Can anyone recommend a resort in Belize? Sorry - don't mean to hi-jack - this thread seems to have attracted some experience travelers. ;)

Turtle Inn or Jaguar Paw. Turtle Inn is on the coast and Jaguar Paw is in the rainforest. We did 5 days at Jaguar Paw followed by 5 days at Turtle Inn. Both were fantastic! DH and I both love Belize and look forward to going back. When we retire in a few years we plan to rent a house on Caye Caulker for a couple of months.

Turtle Inn or Jaguar Paw. Turtle Inn is on the coast and Jaguar Paw is in the rainforest. We did 5 days at Jaguar Paw followed by 5 days at Turtle Inn. Both were fantastic! DH and I both love Belize and look forward to going back. When we retire in a few years we plan to rent a house on Caye Caulker for a couple of months.
Thank you! DH is obsessed with Belize and determined to go there...soon! :rotfl:

Trisha...we booked two inside cabins. I think they were Category M? on the Explorer of the Seas. We used cruisecompete.com to get quotes and went with the agency that gave us the most shipboard credit. That was cruisesonly.com.

They are giving us a $150 credit per cabin! So we have an extra $300 spending money to use!

Any other questions, just let me know!

We would love to do an AI, but have found that third kid makes it way too expensive for my wallet. But we have friends that are a family of four and they have gone many times for great prices. But when we looked into going with them, it would have cost us almost double!

I just priced out Turks and Caicos for Aug. 2011 for DH & I only and it was $3708 for their cheapest room (no airfare)!! That is with the one free night and 60% off.

Maggie

I just priced out Turks and Caicos for Aug. 2011 for DH & I only and it was $3708 for their cheapest room (no airfare)!! That is with the one free night and 60% off.

Maggie

Bleh! See? This is what i was talking about! We are currently a family of 6 and by next summer will be a family of 7. There is no way I can do this. I know tons of people who have gone and while they have smaller families than me, I still don't know how they swing it. I think many of my friends splurge on vacations more than us. I always get a great deal and have never paid more than $2500 for our family for any vacation. OK last year Disney ran me $3000 with airfare for a week - and admittedly, I am finding that we can no longer stay on site or do dining plan to stay in my budget - but I can still swing it for $2500 with the right airfare sale and condo rental. I just cannot imagine tossing $10,000 out for a 1 WEEK vacation and I don't care how luxurious it is! I know there are plenty of people better off than me and apparently many that aren't as well off as me that will pay this though - because they are able to charge it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter