Beaches & Cream to Epcot....

Philadisney

<font color=blue>In the Name of Epcot<br><font col
Hoping someone can tell me if my plan is realistic or not: We're going to Epcot (in 2 days :woohoo: ) and I am dying to take my fiancee to Beaches & Cream. Ideally, for dinner - but we don't want to miss Illuminations, so we would go right afterwards and walk over to the Beach Club. This means then, though, that we'd have no way to get back to our car at Epcot right? Because Epcot closes right after Illuminations.
I suppose we could drive over to the Beach Club from Epcot, but that seems so silly when it's just a lovely 5 minute walk away :upsidedow
Maybe I could take a cab from Beach Club back to Epcot?
Hmmmm....anyone had this dilemma before?

Maybe you could park at the Beach Club to begin with (since you are going to eat dinner there) and then walk over to Epcot for the day. Return for dinner/Illuminations and go from there. I thought you could park at a resort your dining at so might work.

Maybe you could park at the Beach Club to begin with (since you are going to eat dinner there) and then walk over to Epcot for the day. Return for dinner/Illuminations and go from there. I thought you could park at a resort your dining at so might work.

I'm not sure if they'll let you do that. You could park at DHS, take the boat to Epcot, eat at Beaches and walk back to DHS if the boat isn't running.

They won't let you park at Beach Club unless you are staying there.(They're not stupid about people just parking there for convenience to Epcot.) You might be able to park at Yacht Club. Another option is to take a little break earlier and walk over, then back for Illuminations.

They won't let you park at Beach Club unless you are staying there.(They're not stupid about people just parking there for convenience to Epcot.) You might be able to park at Yacht Club. Another option is to take a little break earlier and walk over, then back for Illuminations.

I know your not allowed to park at resorts just for the convenience but aren't you allowed to park at a resort you are going to dine at? I suppose this may be a bit of a stretch if the OP is planning on staying the whole day at Epcot but if it is the evening or afternoon hrs it might be allowed.

You can park at the Boardwalk. Just tell them you are going up on the Boardwalk for dinner and you can self park.

I've parked at Beach Club when eating at Beaches and Cream with no problems as long as you are arriving at 8 or later you shouldn't have a problem. You are eating at one of their restaurants.

I see you are staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

Don't they have some sort of shuttle service? I think I have read that their shuttles are not like other offsite shuttles in that they run often and to all the parks.

If possible shuttle to Epcot in the morning, also assuming you are going to be at Epcot all day, after Illuminations walk to B&C and then depending on how long it takes to eat and how long DHS is open either take the shuttle or take a taxi.

Now that I look at it, I would taxi both ways, its only a 4 mile trip.

One issue I'm not sure you have factored in is that I have read B&C is slammed after Illuminations. I was making small talk with the hostess there and she said the longest wait she has ever given out was like 3 hours. So plan accordingly.

stop the insanity. just cab it back to epcot. five bucks. convenient. anyother way and you are taking a half hour.

I see you are staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

Don't they have some sort of shuttle service? I think I have read that their shuttles are not like other offsite shuttles in that they run often and to all the parks.

If possible shuttle to Epcot in the morning, also assuming you are going to be at Epcot all day, after Illuminations walk to B&C and then depending on how long it takes to eat and how long DHS is open either take the shuttle or take a taxi.

Now that I look at it, I would taxi both ways, its only a 4 mile trip.

One issue I'm not sure you have factored in is that I have read B&C is slammed after Illuminations. I was making small talk with the hostess there and she said the longest wait she has ever given out was like 3 hours. So plan accordingly.

PP is correct about B&C plus although their hours are until 11 pm I have heard they do not sit anyone inside after 10pm so if there is a line(no reservations accepted) you might not get in

Maybe plan on heading over there for lunch instead.

You could take that cab, or you could pay to valet park for the day. Parking at resorts, in self parking lots, is not permitted for park access. And that means even if you are eating a meal at that resort. You get to park at the resort for the time you are actively using the facilities of the resort. And access to a park is not considered a 'facility'!! You can pay to valet park though.
Or, park at DHS, for the day and then walk back there (about 15-20 min walk) after eating.

PP is correct about B&C plus although their hours are until 11 pm I have heard they do not sit anyone inside after 10pm so if there is a line(no reservations accepted) you might not get in

Maybe plan on heading over there for lunch instead.

I concur. I wanted to make a Beaches & Cream trip but have read the only time you can get a table without much of a wait is right when they open which I believe is around 11am. There isn't much seating in there and it's right by the pool so I'd guess it truly is busy all day long.

I concur. I wanted to make a Beaches & Cream trip but have read the only time you can get a table without much of a wait is right when they open which I believe is around 11am. There isn't much seating in there and it's right by the pool so I'd guess it truly is busy all day long.

We did a late lunch 1:30 ish and waited 15-20 minutes or so. This was the first week in May that was supposed to be a slow time. There was no one walking around the board walk, we saw more workers fixing things that guests.

B&C is often Packed after Illuminations waits can be 45 mins and up for a table.It is not a large place,in fact it is quite tiny.Everybody has the same idea after Illuminations...grab some food or ice cream.

One night we tried to get to the Poly from DHS after Fantasmic. We took the boat from DHS and realized about 20 min into the voyage that we weren't going to make the gate and maybe not the last Monorail, in time. The boat captian (I think it was Capt'n Mike) took us all the way into the Canada landing. We made the monorail.

I would go before illuminations. No arguments. Go before.

That's not true. In August 2010 the first time I went my family and I gave our name around 9:40 PM and waited at least 20 - 25 minutes to be seated which was after 10:00 PM. Plus they were even seating people at 11:00 PM.

stop the insanity. just cab it back to epcot. five bucks. convenient. anyother way and you are taking a half hour.

Great idea but take cab to Boardwalk and walk to the International Gateway(entrance is England) It's a 3-5 min walk, about the same as parking at Epcot and walking to Main Entrance. Plus a lot cheaper to cab to Boardwalk maybe 2 mile ride. Also I remember reading a thread a while back that Epcot charges cabs parking. Would add $14 to the fare.

Me I would just tell them at the BCV that I was going to eat at Beaches and Cream and they will let you park there. I have never not been allowed. Anouther way is to park at DTD bus to BCV and walk to epcot. Then you can just catch a bus back to DTD fron the BCV. Plus you can enjoy walking in DTD for awhile after you eat. I know people disagree about the resort parking but I have been tons of times and never had an issue. I love beaches and cream. As you can see from my Sig. BCV is our favorite resort.

thanks for the responses everyone! It never occured to me that Beaches & Cream also close to DHS...and that it would be SLAMMED after Illuminations (I figured most people would be tired and go to bed. Silly me!). I think we'll hit B&C for lunch on our DHS day instead :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter