Beaches and Cream vs. Dolphin Fountain

ddawg

Mouseketeer
How does the Dolphin Fountain Burgers and Ice Cream compare to the Burgers and Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream?

Both are great. We love the theme at Beaches & Cream of course. We do get a DVC discount at Dolphin and you can almost always get in. I might lean toward the food at Dolphin, they have a larger selection, but it's a toss up.
Beaches Menue
Dolphin's Fountain

Considering a trip to B&C this trip, only because we have never been. It would be a good in between stop on our DHS/Epcot day. Hope DS will be hungry. We usually eat at Pizza Planet, take in the Muppets afterwards, then head over to Epcot. I think if we take in another attraction after the Muppets, he'd be ready for a snack by the time we get to B&C.

Please, how much is the DVC discount at the Dolphin?

We eat at Swan & Dolphin all the time. We love Picabu for quick service. There is always something for everyone. The service is fantastic. We have some special request they are more than happy to grant.

Cabana Bar & Grill
Savor sandwiches, salads, cold drinks and more right at poolside and receive a 20% discount. Open seasonally.

Fresh Mediterranean Market
Feast upon flavorful dishes of the Mediterranean and receive a 20% discount. Open for breakfast and lunch.

The Fountain
Stop by for crisp salads and an array of burgers, sandwiches and desserts, inclduing homemade and soft-serve ince cream to go. Open for lunch and dinner. Enjoy a 20% discount.

Garden Grove Café
Receive a 20% discount as you delight in American favorites in a sunny garden gazebo setting. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Sand Trap Bar and Grill
Treat yourself to a 10% lunchtime discount along with the crisp salads, flame-broiled burgers, delicious omelets and more.

Kimonos
Get in on the fun at this authentic sushi bar and lounge with nightly karaoke entertainment offering Members a 20% discount. Open for dinner only.

Splash Grill & Terrace
Make a splash at this relaxing veranda retreat. Soak in the great outdoors at this al fresco dining spot for tasty sandwiches and juicy, delectable burgers. Enjoy a 20% discount. Open seasonally for lunch and snacks.

Picabu
Visit this curious gallery of evocative art to enjoy some of America's favorite foods. Open for self-service dining 24 hours a day. Members receive a 20% discount.

Discount applies to food only. Dining check must be paid at the restaurant and may not be charged to your room

B&C is soooooooooooooo much better. I would recommend the No Way Jose ice cream sundae..its my weakness :laughing:

Burger vs. Burger? The Fountain wins.

Ice cream vs. ice cream? I can't judge this, since I've only done the ice cream at Beaches and Cream. I still love the No Way José:

Looks like mine has José's face in it:

DSCN1287.jpg

In general, if there's a long wait at Beaches and Cream, it's possible to find a shorter wait at The Fountain.

The Fountain is BETTER, less hassle to get a table too.Beaches and Cream is good, but the Ice cream is EDYS that you can buy at any grocery store.The B&C burger you can get at the Hurricaine hannahs poolside bar as a CS meal.

The Fountain is BETTER, less hassle to get a table too.Beaches and Cream is good, but the Ice cream is EDYS that you can buy at any grocery store.The B&C burger you can get at the Hurricaine hannahs poolside bar as a CS meal.

+1

The Fountain is much better and in my opinion, the best place to get ice cream at the World.

My husband and I LOVE The Fountain. :lovestruc

There is rarely a wait, the service is great and the food is amazing! (but to be fair, B N C also has great service & food!)

We have eaten at both BNC and The Fountain and prefer the burgers, fries and ice cream to The Fountain.

I will say Beaches N Cream does have an amazing Cheese Steak Sandwich. And being from Philly, I rarely say that of any place other than Geno's!

I haven't been to the Dolphin Fountain, however I have been to Beaches & Cream twice and their Burger is one of my favorites in all of WDW. Plus you can order the same Burgers from Beaches & Cream at Hurricane Hanna's, which is the Beach Club's counter service location and that means they are less expensive then Beaches & Cream.

I adore the Fountain! 20% DVC discount is a plus :thumbsup2

I haven't had anything i don't like yet. My favorite is the BLT. Nice to have something different, you know?

My favorite ice cream is hte apple pie ice cream

a slice of apple pie :banana:, soft serve vanilla ice cream and caramel :cloud9:

it is nice, usually quiet and a nice respite from crazy :)

We eat at Swan & Dolphin all the time. We love Picabu for quick service. There is always something for everyone. The service is fantastic. We have some special request they are more than happy to grant.

Cabana Bar & Grill
Savor sandwiches, salads, cold drinks and more right at poolside and receive a 20% discount. Open seasonally.

Fresh Mediterranean Market
Feast upon flavorful dishes of the Mediterranean and receive a 20% discount. Open for breakfast and lunch.

The Fountain
Stop by for crisp salads and an array of burgers, sandwiches and desserts, inclduing homemade and soft-serve ince cream to go. Open for lunch and dinner. Enjoy a 20% discount.

Garden Grove Café
Receive a 20% discount as you delight in American favorites in a sunny garden gazebo setting. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Sand Trap Bar and Grill
Treat yourself to a 10% lunchtime discount along with the crisp salads, flame-broiled burgers, delicious omelets and more.

Kimonos
Get in on the fun at this authentic sushi bar and lounge with nightly karaoke entertainment offering Members a 20% discount. Open for dinner only.

Splash Grill & Terrace
Make a splash at this relaxing veranda retreat. Soak in the great outdoors at this al fresco dining spot for tasty sandwiches and juicy, delectable burgers. Enjoy a 20% discount. Open seasonally for lunch and snacks.

Picabu
Visit this curious gallery of evocative art to enjoy some of America's favorite foods. Open for self-service dining 24 hours a day. Members receive a 20% discount.

Discount applies to food only. Dining check must be paid at the restaurant and may not be charged to your room

Thank you so much!!
Have you any experience of the Cabana and grill?
I was thinking of going here for cocktails with the girls on the night before my VR but it seems to have poor reviews!!
Is the 20% off just for food or for alcohol too?
My DH is going to the Fountain with the boys before golf on the day before the VR. I am the DVC member but would he get the discount if he has my member card in his possession?
Thanks so much for your help!!

Thank you so much!!
Have you any experience of the Cabana and grill?
I was thinking of going here for cocktails with the girls on the night before my VR but it seems to have poor reviews!!
Is the 20% off just for food or for alcohol too?
My DH is going to the Fountain with the boys before golf on the day before the VR. I am the DVC member but would he get the discount if he has my member card in his possession?
Thanks so much for your help!!

If I remember I showed them my room key DVC member on it. Most times I don't have my membership card with me. The discount is only on food. The Cabana and Grill has a great looking menu but it looks pricey.

We just got back from a week at the Dolphin and we ate at Cabana's for lunch just about every day - loved the drinks and the food! The 20% off is just for food (sadly) - you can also use AAA for the same discount.

I also prefer the food at Fountain (much prefer) but personally I think the ice cream is a tie - and for theme-ing of course B&C wins hands-down!

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter