Beaches and Cream Ice Cream Review - 7/8/06

nybound

Mouseketeer
Time for an intermezzo before I tackle the Victoria and Albert's review.

Our very first stop off after arriving in Florida was to head over to Beaches and Cream for some ice cream. We had thoughts of getting a kitchen sink, but ended up getting a couple of sundaes instead.

We arrive at Beaches and Cream around 3:30 pm. It's a tiny place that doesn't seat a lot of people, but we are lucky enough to get a table right away (the only open one at the time).

Our waiter Ryan comes over and gets our drinks as we decided what ice cream to get. We decide on a No Way Jose (given my penchant for all things peanuts - as it's a three scoop sundae with peanut butter and hot fudge sauces and peanut and chocolate chip morsels, lots of whipped cream, and a cherry on top) and DW gets a custom three scoop sundae (ice cream topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry). Almost as an afterthought, we get some french fries as well for the kids (DD7 wanted this).

Even though it's not the kitchen sink, the sundaes are HUGE! They remind me of the Jim Dandy sundae at Friendly's. Having said that, the four of us (DW, me, DD7, and DD4) polished both sundaes in no time flat. Overall the flavor is good (I don't think I've ever had a bad sundae). It's one of those things that if you are craving it, it won't disappoint (just be hungry when you order).

I have a feeling that Beaches and Cream will be a new "hot spot" for our ice cream obsessed family (and I see a kitchen sink in our future).

Pictures to follow.

WDW06-0708-31.jpg

Beaches and Cream as seen from the end table closest to the counter. Did I mention how small the place is?

We went there about 6pm after we got checked into the BC on 7/8/06.

We were too full from our early dinner for icecream but after Illuminations that evening we went back for the icecream and had the exact same thing! I think it was close to 10pm but they were still hopping in there.

I love peanut butter and this was wonderful!

nybound said:
Time for an intermezzo before I tackle the Victoria and Albert's review.

Our very first stop off after arriving in Florida was to head over to Beaches and Cream for some ice cream. We had thoughts of getting a kitchen sink, but ended up getting a couple of sundaes instead.

We arrive at Beaches and Cream around 3:30 pm. It's a tiny place that doesn't seat a lot of people, but we are lucky enough to get a table right away (the only open one at the time).

Our waiter Ryan comes over and gets our drinks as we decided what ice cream to get. We decide on a No Way Jose (given my penchant for all things peanuts - as it's a three scoop sundae with peanut butter and hot fudge sauces and peanut and chocolate chip morsels, lots of whipped cream, and a cherry on top) and DW gets a custom three scoop sundae (ice cream topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry). Almost as an afterthought, we get some french fries as well for the kids (DD7 wanted this).

Even though it's not the kitchen sink, the sundaes are HUGE! They remind me of the Jim Dandy sundae at Friendly's. Having said that, the four of us (DW, me, DD7, and DD4) polished both sundaes in no time flat. Overall the flavor is good (I don't think I've ever had a bad sundae). It's one of those things that if you are craving it, it won't disappoint (just be hungry when you order).

I have a feeling that Beaches and Cream will be a new "hot spot" for our ice cream obsessed family (and I see a kitchen sink in our future).

Pictures to follow.
Big like the Jim Dandy, but kind of tastes like the Reeses Pieces sundae (do they still have that?). Sorry, but I moved away from Friendly's 13 years ago, and I miss it so much. I'm glad to see B&C was your first stop. I love it there, it's one of our "must-do" places at WDW. Thanks for the review!

Yum!! Thanks for the reviews and photos!

I can't wait to try a No Way Jose!

Can you choose which ice-cream flavors you have with the No Way Jose?

Do they have a "to go" window, or is your only hope for ice cream to be able to score one of the not-very-many tables? Thanks!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies.

bleeps said:
Do they have a "to go" window, or is your only hope for ice cream to be able to score one of the not-very-many tables? Thanks!

Yes they do. It's hard to see the picture I posted of the restaurant, but the far left hand side is "to go" counter.

Great pictures and your girls are darling! This is our first night stop also after landing at MCO. Am getting a little worried however about getting a table for 7 on a Sunday night. :scared1:

We also went to B&C and my DH had the banana split and I had the No Way Jose!
Nothing better, just need to stop eating now that we are home!!!!!

Heidi

LOVE Beaches & Cream! The ice cream is wonderful, and so are the burgers!

BTW, your pics were great, too. Your 2 girls are adorable!!!

When we were there this past May my sister and I got the No Way Jose Sundae and my parents split a banana split. Both were awesome!!! Cant wait to go back next April to get another No Way Jose Sundae! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter