Beach Umbrellas at Castaway Cay?

seafarer71

Earning My Ears
Are there beach umbrellas (or other forms of shade) available at Castaway Cay? I would like for the family to have some shade, but still be out on the beach. I do not want to bring mine unless I absolutely have to.

As long as you hit the beach fairly early, you should be fine snagging some chairs under a beach umbrella. There are many of them, but they typically are the first seating areas to go.

We head out in the morning and always have been able to grab 4 chairs with an umbrella.

There a plenty of beach umbrella for every one that wants one. Please see below for a picture of the family beach lined with umbrellas. Have a great time.

IMG_0999.jpg

Yep...tons of umbrellas and chairs. Enough for all. You may have to walk down the beach a bit if you get off the ship late (like after 10:30 or so) but you should be able to find some along the way. The ones closest to the ship go first. There are also quite a few palm trees to offer shade.

MJ

Can the CM bring more if you can not find an umbrella / chair? We are going with 3 families and I know we can save some for them if they do not go the same time as us, but if they arrive a bit later can a CM bring them one?

Can the CM bring more if you can not find an umbrella / chair? We are going with 3 families and I know we can save some for them if they do not go the same time as us, but if they arrive a bit later can a CM bring them one?

The CM's that are on the beach are lifeguards...there really are not any that just walk around the beach (other than the drink servers). I am sure if you tipped one of them they would probably help you.

We were able to obtain chairs/umbrellas for 3 families. One family must be willing to get off the ship when they let you and claim the chairs. It was not that big a deal. You could certainly drag unoccupied chairs yourself to where you want them. They are all set up pretty close to each so it should not be hard to claim enough chairs. Each umbrella set up has about 2-4 loungers and 4 sand chairs.

Here is a pic of the chair/umbrella sets ups....this was first thing in the morning after they let us off the ship.

2259931560037669762S500x500Q85.jpg

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter