Beach Suggestions

GonnaWreckit

"Flick? Flick who?"
My family and I are taking a vacation to WDW in September but were going to stop by a beach for a couple of days before arriving. I am asking for suggestions on the best beach to visit on the east coast of Florida on our way to WDW from Missouri.

My family and I are taking a vacation to WDW in September but were going to stop by a beach for a couple of days before arriving. I am asking for suggestions on the best beach to visit on the east coast of Florida on our way to WDW from Missouri.

I hear a lot of people like to visit Cocoa Beach as a day trip from Disney.
On the west side of FL I have been to Treasure Island in St. Petersburg and loved it. The beaches were beautiful. I also understand Indian Rocks Beach is wonderful.

The West Coast beaches are prettier. I haven't been there but dying to visit Sarasota.

On the east coast, we love, love, love St. Augustine! We go every year, & I think of it as my second home! :thumbsup2

Many times on our way to or back from WDW, we'll stop in St. Augustine. It's about 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours away from WDW.

I grew up in Melbourne and went to college in Orlando. When we go to the beach (when staying in Orlando), we usually just go to Cocoa Beach because it's quick. There is a free park called Lori Wilson park that has bathrooms, showers and beach access. If you're willing to drive a little more, go to Canaveral National Park. Beaches are almost empty and you might see some gators on the drive out.

IheartMickey said:
The West Coast beaches are prettier. I haven't been there but dying to visit Sarasota.

... Some of the Gulf Coast beaches are nicer. I think the northern Gulf beaches are gorgeous, most of the central ones are "eh"(love them though since those are what I grew up on) and Sarasota and south and nice.

We are looking at St Augustine, do you have any hotel suggestions for a nice place on the beach.

Sorry! Just saw this!

When we go for a week, we normally stay in a condo.

When we've stopped in St. Augustine on our way to or from WDW, we stay in the Hampton on the beach. It's on the beachside (so you don't have to cross the street to walk to the beach), & the rooms have balconies overlooking the beach. The Hampton also offers a nice complimentary breakfast, &, if you're heading out for the day, you can grab a "breakfast bag" to go (water, muffin, piece of fruit). From the Hampton, the drive back into the historical district is only about 10 minutes.

We've also stayed at The Beacher's Lodge which is further down the beach - the rooms are suites w/ kitchenettes which is nice.

One of the nice things about St. Augustine Beach is that there is a height restriction for the hotels & condominiums on the beach, so none of the complexes are really tall & view-obstructive.

In town, there is another Hampton (along w/ other hotels & inns, of course) & some lovely bed & breakfasts. My sister likes the Monterrey Inn which is on the bay.

Staying in town puts you within walking distance of some wonderful restaurants, St. George Street, shopping, & many of the historical attractions; however, you'd have to drive to the beach. We normally stay on the beach & drive into town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter