Beach Club, what 2 room requests should I make? Large Balcony? Upper Floor?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
I'm about ready to do the Online Check In. Under room requests it only gives a few options like:

Large Balcony
First Floor,
Low Floor
High Floor
Near Elevator

Any suggestions? I would like to be relatively close to the lobby with a decent view (i only have a standard room reserved however). Near an elevator is great, but would I be hearing the elevator all night?

Any thoughts? Thanks for the feedback.

I'm about ready to do the Online Check In. Under room requests it only gives a few options like:

Large Balcony
First Floor,
Low Floor
High Floor
Near Elevator

Any suggestions? I would like to be relatively close to the lobby with a decent view (i only have a standard room reserved however). Near an elevator is great, but would I be hearing the elevator all night?

Any thoughts? Thanks for the feedback.

With a standard view you are going to be looking at a roof, service area or parking lot. We have been very close to the elevator and never heard it. I would request near elevator as that will get you close to the lobby.

Choose full balcony since only 50% of the rooms have them. If you want to make a second request then choose near elevator to make it a convenient location. :)

if large balcony was the most important part for someone, would you leave that as your solo request?

thank Dansdad! :) Hoping and praying for a balcony for my veteran hubby for health reasons. And close to the elevator so he doesn't have to walk too far too

We are at the BC now and made large balcony our only request. We got it but it was on the 2nd floor in a brand spanking new room. Thought it would be great, but the paint smell and carpet glue fumes were tough. Gave me headaches and trouble sleeping, and I'm not particularly sensitive to smells. We moved to the 4th floor with a small balcony and are happy, which is something I never thought I'd say.

And how often do you get it?

I've only been to the BC twice since they started the online check in. One time I got the full balcony and the other time I didn't. But, the time I didn't get the full balcony I got a free room upgrade from garden view to lagoon view.

We are at the BC now and made large balcony our only request. We got it but it was on the 2nd floor in a brand spanking new room. Thought it would be great, but the paint smell and carpet glue fumes were tough. Gave me headaches and trouble sleeping, and I'm not particularly sensitive to smells. We moved to the 4th floor with a small balcony and are happy, which is something I never thought I'd say.

Oh wow does that stink- new room but fumes! We will be there in December, hoping the smell will have worn off by then. Sorry you had that happen!

Do all the rooms now have the third fold down bed? We will be there in December and although we are a family of four, that third fold down bed is a huge benefit for us. I was going to make that my only request, but if they all have it I might go for a balcony.

Do all the rooms now have the third fold down bed? We will be there in December and although we are a family of four, that third fold down bed is a huge benefit for us. I was going to make that my only request, but if they all have it I might go for a balcony.

Not all of the rooms at the YC or BC have the daybed. They will be assigned to families of 5 first.

I've only been to the BC twice since they started the online check in. One time I got the full balcony and the other time I didn't. But, the time I didn't get the full balcony I got a free room upgrade from garden view to lagoon view.
Well I guess an upgrade is a good tradeoff. :-)

If you asked for full balcony could they put you on the 1st floor? I was making the assumption that a balcony would be on the upper floors but I would like a full balcony not on the 1st floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter