Beach club vs yacht club

OurLittleFamily

Mouseketeer
We're venturing away from POR after countless trips over the last 5 years! Help me decide between Beach Club and Yacht Club. We've never stayed at either. We have Beach Club booked (garden/woods view) for this June. It's me, DH, DD5 and DS2. Switching to Yacht Club (garden view) will save us about $350 for the 5 days. We'll be starting our trip at the Poly for 5 days. Plane tickets are booked, so won't be changing/adding any days.

~We have a few reservations at BC (morning breakfasts, Beaches and Cream, etc)
~We'll be walking to Epcot at least once a day, probably more.
~I liked the "younger" feel I got of the Beach Club vs Yacht Club from pictures but not sure that's true in real life? Just don't want anything too "stuffy" and DH wants to be able to spend time at Stormalong Bay (shared between BC and YC I believe?)

So, should I switch to YC and save the $350??

I've only every stayed at BC but YC is connected. You get the same amenities and the same pool. I would change for the savings. I absolutely loved the BC!

We have also only stayed at BC and loved it, but since they are connected and use the same pool I would save the $350. You can keep all your reservations at BC since they are sorta at YC too!

I've stayed at both. I like the BC slightly more. Mostly because it's closer to Epcot and the lack of CS at the YC. However the YC is getting CS next week. That being said I would go with whichever is cheaper. I do like BC more but I wouldn't pay more money for it.

We are Beach Club Regulars but I do usually go over to the YC at least one or two times during the trips and stayed there years ago. I find that the YC is definitely quieter than the BC. They are opening a new QS market area somewhat similar to BC so there will now be a place that you can just grab a quick breakfast rather than going into the TS restaurant or going to the Boardwalk or BC. For the savings I would stay at the YC. You can still use all the same amenities. It is just a bit further walk to EPCOT but closer to the boat dock for DHS or walking there.

I prefer BC over YC. It's closer to EP and has a brighter, lighter feeling to it. YC is quite dark and subdued and caters more to the convention crowd. It's also undergoing room refurbishments right now so you I would definitely request a refurbished room if you book. $350 is a lot, though. You do get all the amenities of BC which is nice. I just don't like the look and feel of the resort as much as BC.

I prefer BC over YC. It's closer to EP and has a brighter, lighter feeling to it. YC is quite dark and subdued and caters more to the convention crowd. It's also undergoing room refurbishments right now so you I would definitely request a refurbished room if you book. $350 is a lot, though. You do get all the amenities of BC which is nice. I just don't like the look and feel of the resort as much as BC.
We have stayed at both and actually prefer yacht club. Stirmaling Bay is very busy as is BC lobby at times. We don't mind that, but sometimes just like the quieter vibe at Y/C. If it were me I would save a little money and stayY/C. You won't miss s thing at BC in my opinion. Whatever you choose, have a great time!!

We've only stayed at BC, with our 4 year old DS, so I can't comment on the YC rooms. But, for a cost savings I'd definitely go with YC. We loved BC and plan to return but if YC is cheaper, we will pick that. I don't think the children would notice the difference much (my DS didn't when we walked over to YC; he didn't even realize we were in a different lobby) and the amenities are all the same. I also didn't find the extra walking to be significant at all. Have a great trip!

I prefer the BC, but the YC is very nice as well. It will be a slightly longer walk to Epcot.
Stormalong Bay is shared.
But the major hesitation for me is that the YC will be undergoing refurbishment/renovation.
They just announced that the Ale & Compass lounge in the Lobby will be closed until "late fall". I wouldn't care for this type of disruption on my vacation.
So I would stay with BC

I've stayed at both YC and BC. I prefer the quietness of YC but my DS prefers BC. So it really depends on your preference. As for the amenities, they share everything and YC is getting new CS place opening next week. I would do either but savings of $350, I'll choose YC.

YC is cheaper this year because it is undergoing renovations. You have little ones who might need a nap midday and you don't want the chance of having to hear construction noise from your room. Stick with BC.

:ssst: Let's keep this a secret, but the YC gets picked up first on the bus routes. The BC bus stop is often packed especially first thing in the morning. More possibility of a seat at the YC bus stop. BC is a shorter walk to Epcot, but the boat dock is right outside the YC, so there is a short walk from the BC to the boats. There are links to pictures of the remodeled YC rooms on page 1
Of the Y & B thread. Access to Storm Along Bay is the same from both.

I believe (though someone correct me if I am wrong) that you have a better chance of a real balcony at YC - at BC some are very small and you're not really able to use it.

I've not stayed at either, but have always put YC ahead of BC on my list for that reason.

We were in the same boat as you and decided to switch to yacht club for the savings. We actually ended up up grading to concierge level (and changing from DDP to QSDP) for the same price as our original beach club room!

We have stayed at both multiple times. You would think that either would give a similar experience, or possibly the YC would be better. Not so for us.
The last time that I stayed at the YC, I decided that in the future I would only stay at the BC. Every time that we have stayed at the YC we have had one problem or another. Especially during YC renovations I would stay at the BC. We had a terrible time at the YC during renovations - to the point that we decided to never stay anywhere during renovations again.

OTOH, every time that we have stayed at the BC, we have had wonderful experiences. Great service, beautiful, quiet rooms, nice views, convenient exit almost in Epcot it is so close, friendly CM's and good food at Cape May Cafe and the QS marketplace. I know that is is probably just luck, but it influences how you feel about the resorts. Looking at the situation without factoring in our experiences, I would have guessed that staying at the YC would be better. You are the first pick up and drop off for the bus, the boat dock is also straight out the back door, and all the rooms have full balconies. Actually, that is why we have tried staying here so often. I keep expecting the YC to be great this time. However, we have had long convoluted walks to our room, terrible views, TV's that didn't work, dirty rooms, construction noise that made it impossible to enjoy your room from as early as 7:00 am till after 5:00 pm (as late as 8:00pm), the worst bus delays ever, poor CM attitudes and difficulty getting checked in - all at the YC.

Finally, the BC is just prettier. We have even dealt with the 'Juliet' balcony and felt that the stay at the BC was superior than any stay at the YC.

FWIW, I would recommend staying at the BC, especially during YC renovations.

I prefer BC as it's slightly closer to Epcot and I'm not a fan of the nautical decor at YC, but really they are practically the same resort otherwise. YC does have all full balconies where BC only has about 1/2 full balconies so if that's an issue you may prefer YC.

We've only stayed at YC. The difference in walking time to EPCOT is quite minimal. We loved the resort and the rooms and had no issues at all. It does seem quieter than BC which I prefer after a long day.

I've stayed at both and greatly prefer Yacht Club. The bus picks up and drops off first, it is so quiet and relaxing at night after a long day in the park, and the entrance to Stormalong Bay is a little closer. YC is a family favorite and it feels like home.

With two little ones, I'd recommend the Beach Club. I don't know if it's true, but over the years, I've heard several people complain about the "vibe" at Yacht Club not being kid-friendly enough. And people we know, who aren't crazy about little kids, preferred the Yacht club for its more "adult" feel. We're two adults and prefer Beach Club-it just feels more casual and "vacation-y" to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter